Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Custom content installed through cc magic is no longer showing up in the game
I posted this in the "cc magic comments" section as well but I'm not sure how often that's checked so I thought I would post here instead :S I'm having troubles with cc magic and was hoping someone could help. CC magic has been working fine for me until last night. I had just installed 2 new expansions, and then I added some new cc into cc magic. I cleared the cache and hit rebuild. But when I went into game I got the message "some objects could not be found and were replaced" or something. And all the cc I have installed through cc magic is gone. CC from the launcher is still there. I have tried restarting my game, restarting my computer, clearing the cache and rebuilding again, but nothing seems to be working! Any advice?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:16 PM
Hi Pandy, I replied in the thread and saw you also made a topic here. This is a simple copy & paste of what I said.

It's recommended that you back up your downloads before you install expansion packs. If you do have a backup, use those files. If not, let's see if we can get your downloads back.

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Content, and Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Cache\Sets. Look in each folder to see if your cc is there. Also check to see if there are any files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.

If there are files, open the Configurations tab and make sure your sets are enabled. Open the Sets tab to make sure all the files are enabled there.

If there are no files, you're going to have to download your cc all over again. To prevent this from happening in the future, make sure to make a backup of your Mods folder and the Contents folder for the next time you install a new expansion pack.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:41 PM
Ah, thank you for responding in both places! We can continue the discussion here.

I made a backup of everything onto an external hard drive before I installed the new eps, took out my cc and saved sims and whatnot, and then put all the old data back when I was ready to install the new cc and launch the game.

I checked and all the cc files are in their correct places - in Documents\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Content, and Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Cache\Sets, and Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.

I also checked in the configurations tab that my sets are enabled and they are. I even tried disabling them and then enabling them again.

I was finally able to get the cc to show up - by clicking "play" in cc magic rather than through the launcher. I have never had to use the play function of cc magic before and I worry that this is just a temporary fix. Should I be concerned about this problem arising again ? Or maybe there's something I'm missing about the play button function of cc magic ? (Is it required to make certain content show up or something ?)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:37 AM
This might or might not ease your worries but ever since I've started using CCMagic, I've never opened the game with the EA launcher anymore. Using the play button basically makes CCMagic your launcher.
It seems that the EA launcher got a hiccup and never recovered. There are ways to check in the Help section.

Overall, I've been much happier not launching through the EA launcher. You will only need it to install lots and worlds and counters.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:19 AM
That is helpful, thank you! Maybe I will start using cc magic as my game launcher instead, it loads much faster than EA's launcher ;-;
Also, you can't install counters in cc magic ??
???
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:15 AM
You can but something odd happens to their colors when they snap around a corner. I'm not sure how to explain it. The recoloring doesn't work properly anymore. I think it has to do with them being merged and extracted by CCMagic.
Not a big deal, what I did last time I did a complete overhaul of my CC was just do a search for "counter" and "island" put them in Downloads first, install them through the EA launcher and then disable them in CCMagic. Same goes for lots and worlds.
After that, I just drop everything into Downloads (except mods since I like to keep them separate because I mess around with them a lot).

Patterns in sims3pack format are a bit of an issue sometimes, I forget why but I tend to use only package patterns so the "Materializing....something or other" doesn't occur. I think CCMagic can work around it but I think, why make things harder.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:48 AM
the patterns you must not convert are the ones created with CAP (Create A Pattern - Tool). all others are "fine". if patterns are available as package for download its safest to check them before installing (especially before merging them!) since a lazy creator could have converted them to have an attractive alternative upload to sims3pack also it would cause the materializing materials issue.
BUT if you use a newer built of cc magic you are safe when converting CAP patterns cause the tool fixes the MM issue! (since Build 2942) saw it here

if not:
baufive (an awesome creator btw) made an tutorial / guide how to find bad patterns: CC related Materializing Materials? This explains how to find those pesky patterns.
circuswolfsims even found a solution what one needs to fix on these patterns to be ready to be safely convertable again to package format: How to convert CAP patterns to packages... . the pictures are bad but the original account of circuswolf was deactivated - so no better pics available i guess

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:02 AM
Oh wow, I how did I miss all that? Thanks! I always wondered how to find out if a pattern was created with CAP. And sorry for hijacking this thread a bit. I hope this is all helpful for pandydandy.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:01 AM Last edited by FriedFishy : 5th Sep 2014 at 7:13 AM.
Can someone please help me?

Today i entered the laucher and it is all gone,all the CC and Store content i installed,the mods folder is also missing and the downloads folder is empty (only has 2 things in it,but not downloads)
CC is enabled.
What the hell happened???
The game worked fine yesterday.

Also there seems to be no cache files at all anymore.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FriedFishy
Can someone please help me?

Today i entered the laucher and it is all gone,all the CC and Store content i installed,the mods folder is also missing and the downloads folder is empty (only has 2 things in it,but not downloads)
CC is enabled.
What the hell happened???
The game worked fine yesterday.

Also there seems to be no cache files at all anymore.

since this is a sincere problem you should start your own thread exactly here in the help section. give us as much details on your computer specs, windows or mac user? and what exactly happened.
jumping on an existing thread always leads to confusion only. you likely have other prerequisites, maybe arent even using cc magic... i really want to encourage you to start your own thread - my intention IS NOT to chase you away

shmovese

Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:21 AM
Ok.I will start my own thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:29 PM
It was helpful, thank you all for the info about cc magic!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 2:03 PM Last edited by shmovese : 14th Sep 2014 at 3:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pandydandy
It was helpful, thank you all for the info about cc magic!

@pandydandy
thanks for coming back and saying that the hints were helpful. suger on top would only be if you rename* your thread and put a [Solved] behind the title since cc magic is used by many - those searching for help see on first glance that theres a solution for the problem then. (*you can rename the post by editing the first post ) check if you are able to move it to [Solved/Answered] section? (dont know if you can do that by yourself though)

Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pandydandy
Ah, thank you for responding in both places! We can continue the discussion here.

I made a backup of everything onto an external hard drive before I installed the new eps, took out my cc and saved sims and whatnot, and then put all the old data back when I was ready to install the new cc and launch the game.

I checked and all the cc files are in their correct places - in Documents\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Content, and Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Cache\Sets, and Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.

I also checked in the configurations tab that my sets are enabled and they are. I even tried disabling them and then enabling them again.

I was finally able to get the cc to show up - by clicking "play" in cc magic rather than through the launcher. I have never had to use the play function of cc magic before and I worry that this is just a temporary fix. Should I be concerned about this problem arising again ? Or maybe there's something I'm missing about the play button function of cc magic ? (Is it required to make certain content show up or something ?)

What and where are the configuration tabs? Under my doc/sims3/mods/cache/config there is only one file in the folder that says resource.
I have no cc showing up after spending hours of re downloading my backup cc. The CC Magic file is full of downloaded Package and Simspacks. My mod folder seems to be working. A question about the sets. My set files (my doc/sims3/mods/cache/sets) apears to have copied folders from CC Magic (Under the default section in CC Magic on left side) but each folder only had a couple files, rebuild file and resorce file. but no packages in them. Any help would be great.
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shelterdog123
What and where are the configuration tabs? Under my doc/sims3/mods/cache/config there is only one file in the folder that says resource.
I have no cc showing up after spending hours of re downloading my backup cc. The CC Magic file is full of downloaded Package and Simspacks. My mod folder seems to be working. A question about the sets. My set files (my doc/sims3/mods/cache/sets) apears to have copied folders from CC Magic (Under the default section in CC Magic on left side) but each folder only had a couple files, rebuild file and resorce file. but no packages in them. Any help would be great.

UPDATE- for anyone else having this problem. I don't know the lingo so it takes me some time to figure out what the conversations are referring to. The configuration tab is in CC Magic. I checked my configuration tab and EVERYTHING was in the disabled side. So, I probably waited 3 hours remaking my files. I moved them to enabled, and everything showed up.
SO, check that tab first before reloading 3 years worth of downloads.