Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 1:21 PM
Default Extremely Slow Camera Controls
I've gotten back into playing Sims 4, or am trying to at least, and I've encountered a weird issue.

The rotating of the camera in Sims 3 Camera Mode is extremely slow, like, I'm having to pick up my mouse multiple times trying to do a full rotation or pitch up/down at all. Have already gone into the Camera.ini and edited MousePitch and MouseYaw speeds to 100x their originals, and nothing

Anybody got any ideas how to increase the camera speed?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 5:26 PM
After removing all of my mods for testing an issue, I've noticed I could spin the camera with no efforts at all that it was kinda fun (and silly)
assuming you don't have a tone of mods (and maybe some broken ones) maybe it's specs related? have you tried a folder refresh?
I wouldn't touch the Camera.ini, it should be fast enough by default..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
After removing all of my mods for testing an issue, I've noticed I could spin the camera with no efforts at all that it was kinda fun (and silly)
assuming you don't have a tone of mods (and maybe some broken ones) maybe it's specs related? have you tried a folder refresh?
I wouldn't touch the Camera.ini, it should be fast enough by default..

Will try cleaning out the mods folder, then deleting all the folders and reinstalling. Never had any issues before on this same PC so I don't think its specs related.

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 12:31 AM
Keren, I had the spinning camera issue (in TAB mode) with TS2 back on an old laptop - would usually happen if Norton started a scan. I think it has randomly happened a couple times later, but I'm not sure if those times were related to an antivirus program. Not sure it could be related to your problem, but if it happens again you may want to check if your antivirus program is doing something in the background. I haven't noticed the same issue in TS4, though.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 8:02 PM
i have had this issue since eco lifestyle patch, and the only way to get rid of it is as simple as clicking on the gallery, then exiting. and tada it's gone! Not sure why it does this, but it's annoying asf. I have to do this ANYTIME I go into build/buy mode, and when I load into the game. It always comes back though, so just easy as click gallery, exit.