Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 7:09 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 9th Aug 2020 at 4:39 PM.
Default Alien Robot ... thing?
Hi. I was hoping someone could give me some constructive criticism on my models. I think there is people here with some knowledge on this. I can see some problems on this model my self, but it's 3,7 mill polys in ZBrush and I have to reduce it to work on it so, in the meantime what do you think?

The original pictures are from wikimedia commons

Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 5:23 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 30th Jul 2020 at 5:41 PM.
No comment on Nefertiti. What about Angelina Jolie? Ignore the 50's hair and her neck and ears. Why doesn't she look like the original?
I have clicked on a stupid functions on my laptop *big sigh* Anyways here is the model head in ZBrush

These are my inspiration:

Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#3 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 4:31 AM
I think Angelina has a jaw more like your Nefertiri as it seems lower and more triangular. Angelina also seems to have some pronounced lines that demark her frontal bone of skull.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 6:28 AM Last edited by jotaerre : 31st Jul 2020 at 6:58 AM.
Awesome work on both heads, above all, I like Nefertiti, seems to me that you sculpted them from scratch and it has its own merit too, but being Zbrush (a too expensive tool for me) would not be easier and faster to do a head morph for a DAZ3D or Poser figure? Daz Genesis (G1,G2 G3, G8) figures are free and "La femme" for Poser too and you'll retain all rights for your modifications for them, which kind of polys are you using?, quads or tris?

In any case my 1st advice is to make softer the sculpting brushes. and play with them in small steps at any time, as you're sculpting from scratch, you're able to subdivide the mesh for more control of the sculpt, more polys easier work.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
Awesome work on both heads, above all, I like Nefertiti, seems to me that you sculpted them from scratch and it has its own merit too, but being Zbrush (a too expensive tool for me) would not be easier and faster to do a head morph for a DAZ3D or Poser figure? Daz Genesis (G1,G2 G3, G8) figures are free and "La femme" for Poser too and you'll retain all rights for your modifications for them, which kind of polys are you using?, quads or tris?

In any case my 1st advice is to make softer the sculpting brushes. and play with them in small steps at any time, as you're sculpting from scratch, you're able to subdivide the mesh for more control of the sculpt, more polys easier work.

Thank you. I'm at school so I get the license that way. They have released a free version I think, like a few days ago. Why would I mesh on someone else's basemesh? I like doing this. I use a dynamesh sphere as base. Then I'm working with zremesher guidelines and have to reduce the mesh. It ends up being quads, but who cares? I'm not making this for anyone. I have a plan though. I want to make the perfect geometry for animation in zbrush. It's a lot to learn.

I gradually increase resolution as needed. Angelina Jolie like this took me 1 day of 5 hours. It's a bit rough, but I want to make it look like her. Thanks for the feedback
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I think Angelina has a jaw more like your Nefertiri as it seems lower and more triangular. Angelina also seems to have some pronounced lines that demark her frontal bone of skull.

Thank you, you're right. I'll fix that later
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 4:34 PM
I made a rather odd Alien Robot thing. I can't decide if this is worth while? What do you think?

Front:

Back Profile:
Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#8 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I made a rather odd Alien Robot thing. I can't decide if this is worth while? What do you think?

Front:

Back Profile:

I think this looks good. The head seems to have an insect/japanese samurai helmet look while the upper arms remind me of the robot from the spaceballs movie. The head seems to be looking upward though so if that is not the intent I would rotate that down if possible.