Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 4:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife
Default Is Drinking The Porta Chug Safe For A Grown Sim With No Turn Ons?
Hello. I aged up my sim with the agesim cheat, as I managed to get her back in my family (using a teleporter painting mod) after being taken by sims Child Protection Service (sims protection services? SimPS?). I did this, as, her mother had another child when she was gone, and that child was about to age up into a teenager. Didn't want her to be younger than her younger brother.

I used testingcheats to give her an aspiration, but I'm wondering if it's safe for her to drink the ReNuYu Porta Chug to give her turn ons and offs, since she... Well, has no turn ons or offs. Or, is it better for me to use SimPE to give her turn ons and offs myself? Or will she be randomly assigned turn ons and offs if I save, leave, then come back on?

If I need to use SimPE to give her turn ons and offs, could someone give me a step by step process? I'm very nervous about using SimPE, as I know using it wrong can cause serious damage, and this is sort of my legacy file. I also haven't tried saving, leaving, then reloading yet due to worries it might do some corrupting to my save file, as I want to make sure it'd be safe first. Thank you!!

Sorry if this belongs elsewhere, my wording was messy, or it was already answered. On the forum search, I did the searching I could, but it was a bit confusing for me.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 7:35 PM
I'd think the Porta Chug would be safe to use; can't think of why it wouldn't be. If you're concerned, then you can make a backup before having your sim drink it.

Did you not get a dialogue pop up when she aged to a teenager to give her TOs? Usually, when a child transitions to a teenager, you get a pop up to select an aspiration and Turn Ons and a Turn Off. I've never encountered that bug before...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 11:43 PM
When you aged her to teen the game should have asked you to set an aspiration, turn-ons and offs. It's concerning that it didn't. Try setting her an aspiration with a mod like the sim manipulater, probably the simblender or batbox can as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 12:17 AM
I find it entirely probable that agesimscheat, as a EA created cheat, is glitchy and doesn't check for the case of aging a child to a teen, just like the automatic townie aging function doesn't. I don't think that's particularly worrying. I would personally avoid EA cheats in general and use mods to do all of the cheat-related things you need to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 3:49 PM
Thank you for the answers to my question!!!

I didn't get the dialogue, likely due to the cheat, and I always back up my save after leaving the game, so I do have previous saves to return to if anything does goes wrong. I used the testingcheats cheat to give her an aspiration when I realized she's supposed to have one that's not grow up.

I'll try using the porta chug (if going back on doesnt automatically give her turn ons and offs, as I had to get off before checking the forum), and make sure I use mods to age up sims next time.

I'm replying like this since I'm trying to reply to everyone in the thread, so replying to everyone personally with the same thing seems a bit time wasting, since I do think everyone will get a notification? Although, this is my first forum comment, so I might be wrong.

Again, thank you!!!