Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 4:12 AM
Default No smelly fish please
)>.<( Are there not fishing skill books for the sims 3? I've got a bookworm scientist I'd just planned on raising her fishing by reading. Do bait books increase skill level and if not is there another way besides classes to raise fishing skill?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 6:34 AM
The tablet from the store allows you to learn fishing from a "tabcast" along with most other skills.
https://store.thesims3.com/productD...=OFB-SIM3:50554

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
#3 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 6:55 AM
There are the fishing guides for each species as well.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
There are the fishing guides for each species as well.

Those let your sim learn bait, but they don't actually raise the fishing skill.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#5 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 8:15 AM
(Besides from fishing)I think you can plop your sims down in front of a television and have them watch a fishing channel if I remember correctly.
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
(Besides from fishing)I think you can plop your sims down in front of a television and have them watch a fishing channel if I remember correctly.

...There's a fishing channel in this game?!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
...There's a fishing channel in this game?!

I almost never have my sims watch TV (or buy a tv) so I didn't even remember that myself.
Thanks for the reminder about the tablet, too. I haven't used it very much except to buy books without having to go to the bookstore. :'D
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech
I almost never have my sims watch TV (or buy a tv) so I didn't even remember that myself.
Thanks for the reminder about the tablet, too. I haven't used it very much except to buy books without having to go to the bookstore. :'D

Off topic, but watching the cooking channel is my favorite way for my sims to learn to cook (even though it's slower than reading) because they can learn foreign recipes.
Instructor
#9 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 1:52 AM
You can have them tabcast one skill while doing another.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 10:41 PM
Tabcast has been extremely helpful to learning the skills, I love it.
I also like to let them watch the cooking channel just because it keeps them entertained and busy and learning if they're not the reading type.
Instructor
#11 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech

Me too, the tv is part of the decor to me and since I never have my sims watch it I probably missed a lot of stuff, lol. And I cheat for the foreign recipes by adding them to the library with DE (and I think I had a mod that made them buyable at home at some point) cause ain't nobody got time for that