Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 9:08 PM Last edited by sushiphobia : 3rd Sep 2020 at 9:16 PM. Reason: typos
Default CC doors/windows clipping into wall after latest update?
I just updated TS4 (I have all packs except Eco Living installed) and when I loaded my game after re-enabling mods, all the lots I've built with CC doors or windows have the doors or windows kind of clipping into the walls. Like, the doors and windows are still visible but now especially for doorways and windows, you can no longer see through them correctly. I've included a pic of how it looks. That's supposed to be a doorway/arch. The other pic I added has two windows but you can no longer see through them. I tried other CC windows. The problem only happens with CC windows and doors, not EA's content. Is there something I can do? I've tried deleting them/moving them/deleting walls/different CC doors and windows, and rebuilding but they all look like that in all of my lots. Is anyone else having this problem and is there any known fix for it? Thanks in advance.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 9:28 PM Last edited by xordevoreaux : 3rd Sep 2020 at 9:59 PM.
Yes, I've posted as much on EA's facebook. All CC windows seem to be clipping as are many of EA's own windows.
Also, Weerbeesu's UI cheat is broken, as is Add Traits In Regular Menu.
MCCC seems to be totally fine.

Edit:
And wow EA was fast at killing my facebook post. Hopefully in the process they passed on the problem to the devs.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 8:56 AM
MCCC wasn't totally fine. 7.3.2 is out, and there's a new release of Weerbesu's UI cheat as well.
After I updated those, I added back "Add Traits In Regular Menu" and it was fine.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 1:47 PM
They changed the way wall cutouts are rendered. Before the update, wall cutouts were rendered from a DST image, but now, it's rendered from a series of coordinates, which has to be a nightmare to work with when it comes to curved windows and doors.