Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 11:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No Customers for days
I have set up a home business and all was fine for the first few weeks (Sim weeks) but all of a sudden I have had no customers come into my shop for 3 straight Sim days, not even come to browse only, nothing at all. It is winter at the moment so could that have an effect? And I also have a gravestone in the garden, although well out of sight from any shoppers, and it's been there a while and hasn't been a problem before. I have made sure the business is open with the sign, I have checked that everything is for sale, I've even changed it from average price to cheap but still no one. My customer loyalty is good and the business is at rank 5, I have earned the dazzle option so it has been successful. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 11:14 PM
Try removing your CC.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 3:24 AM
You might have an issue with portals on that lot and Simlogical has options to check that issue and even fix it if it's why that's happening.It could also be that many inactive families got assigned prosoner tags and you just forgot to remove them from sims by mistake or that you set the lot vistor controller to ban other sime while fixing something on the lot for a few days and forgot to change the settings back .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
You might have an issue with portals on that lot and Simlogical has options to check that issue and even fix it if it's why that's happening.It could also be that many inactive families got assigned prosoner tags and you just forgot to remove them from sims by mistake or that you set the lot vistor controller to ban other sime while fixing something on the lot for a few days and forgot to change the settings back .

Thank you both for your responses, I knew it would be something simple. I'd locked the door to the business to allow household only by mistake! My bad.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 4:45 PM
I've had community lot businesses not get any customers for many day while starting out and building on the lot because I used the lot visitor limiting cheat on my old computer and now I use the lot visitor contoller Mod and would check to make sure it's not blocking customers and also check that inactives aren't packing prisoner tags to make sure they can visit community lots again.
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 7:26 PM
Don't know if this is helpful but for my home businesses I've used the Sim Blender to haul in townies.
Also for some town shops to get a bigger group to come in .

" Inama Nushif "