Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 12:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I have all expansions and stuff packs..Game freezes when loading
Good Morning Everyone! I am having a problem when I'm loading my game..Sims 2 Mansion and Garden game and when it gets to Over-Waxing Banisters it just stops loading...just stays in that spot. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Thank you to anyone that can help me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 12:29 PM
I had that issue once fairly recently after installing a CC item and it turned out it was causing the game to crash.I'd check for any new content installed if any has been recently and I'd make sure nothing much is running in the background as well as I have a game booster activated and make sure my computer is in high preformance mode.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 12:47 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I had that issue once fairly recently after installing a CC item and it turned out it was causing the game to crash.I'd check for any new content installed if any has been recently and I'd make sure nothing much is running in the background as well as I have a game booster activated and make sure my computer is in high preformance mode.

I will give it a try...I added some custom content yesterday..well, quite a bit..I have files on disks that I saved from years ago..so it's probably something from the disc.
thank you for your reply! I sure do appreciate it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 1:13 PM
Default Computer System
[QUOTE=HugeLunatic]
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

[/QUOTE

I have a Dell Alienware Computer, Windows 7 Premium, Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB, 64 bit Operating System
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 2:26 PM
Adding CC can invalidate the groups.cache file which often results in hanging either the game or BodyShop when starting. Try deleting your groups.cache file. The game will rebuild it as needed.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 10:57 AM
Thank you Hobbes! I will give that a try!!