Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 7:57 PM
My sims disappeared after travelling, and now my save is bricked
So the title says it all, really. I send on of my Sims in a household of three of to France, but when they arrived the UI was blank, like there were 0 members of my household. I rebooted the game, but I hit Save without thinking.

Now, when I load up the game it's the same. On the main menu, the save slot shows no family, when I play it, it just loads up the France neighborhood screen with no way to resume play. If I go back to the base neighborhood the household is not selectable. Some solutions suggested making another household the active household, but if I select another household, there is no button that does that.

The only CC I have is a few Sims 3 Store objects. Nothing apart from that.

I just want to get my save back. Is there any way to do that? I can post my save if that helps...
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
TS3 saves a backup copy each time you save, so there is no problem. Just load your backup as long as you didn't save a 2nd time.

In the future, do not travel without using NRAAS Traveler, which resolves these kinds of issues. And if you are already using it and still get this, then you got some borking mods.

Oh thank goodness! I feel a bit silly that the solution was that easy. I should have seen the ".backup" directories in the save folder. Thanks for your help, nitromon.

I'll also definitely go grab that mod. Thanks for the pointer!