Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pixel Anachronisms: Six TS3 Single Beds, Made Awesome

by Nysha Posted 22nd Nov 2012 at 5:32 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2013 at 7:08 PM by Nysha

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Inventor
THANKS POST
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 6:43 AM
Thank you! These are marvelous, can never have too many single beds!
Banned
THANKS POST
#27 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 4:41 PM
Very nice, and you are right, you can never have enough single beds.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 5:27 PM
Thank you so much for these coversions. I am always looking for nice single beds, and, like you, end up using the same ones over and over again! And the fact that they match Ikea MALM is perfect because I use Ikea furniture all the time. Thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 12:37 AM
Noooo! My game just finished loading!!! ...alas, I can hear it crying...no more CC! no more CC! But oh...I MUST HAVE THEM BEDS!!!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#30 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 8:56 PM
Thanks for these - very nice. Also thanks for the clue regarding the CC - love that pink stripey bedding in the first pic.
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 10:21 PM
im having a problem. im using Clean Installer to install these and there are two ojects. which is the pets version and which is the bg. i need the base game version
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 12:53 AM
Thank you for the conversions and the convenient match to IKEA colors!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 10:06 AM
You don't need to use Clean Installer to install these, since they're just regular old .package files. The Pets version is the one with PETS at the end of the filename, the basegame version has BG at the end.

Thankyou for the thanks, everyone!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 5:55 PM
And the bed coverings and the laptop, where do I get those? :>
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 6:04 PM
The bedding is mostly by jupiterstar, the gingham beddings are by HugeLunatic. There may be a few more bedding creators whose work I haven't managed to identify - I can guarantee that it's all free, but of course it's difficult to work out who made what with retextures. The laptop is by Sandy at AroundTheSims, there's a link to her site at the bottom of the overview.

Theorist
THANKS POST
#36 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:23 PM
Thanks very much especially posting the polycount.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#37 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 8:17 PM
Oooh boy! Hoooorah!
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
You don't need to use Clean Installer to install these, since they're just regular old .package files. The Pets version is the one with PETS at the end of the filename, the basegame version has BG at the end.

Thankyou for the thanks, everyone!

thats what im saying. when i download them, they dont say pets or bg.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 9:21 PM
Which one(s) are you downloading? I've just checked the files again, and they all contain several recolour files, plus a MESH_PETS and a MESH_BASEGAME file - but if you can let me know which ones you're looking at, maybe I can work out what's confusing you.

Remember that I'm talking about the file name - the regular old name you see in the folder once you've unzipped the .rar files. They won't show a difference in Clean Installer, because Clean Installer isn't needed.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 6:55 AM
i love them, downloading now!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#41 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 7:03 AM
Simonut, I forget the exact comfort and energy values for these, but I can check later when I get home - they range from 1/3 (for the Issa bed, seeing as how it's so cheap and scabby), to around 6/7 for the fancier beds, I doubt that Lord Darcy's patch will affect these, though it's not impossible.

Glad you all like them .

Whiterider, yeah the cheap ( 275 price ) bed Issa comfort is 1 and energy is 2 to be honest that bed kinda remind me of a "Mental Ward" bed. lmao. ( so that out ) The Le Curve bed which I just love, the price ( 1,000 ) Comfort 5 Energy 5 which I do not think is bad at all for a bed level most of Maxis single bed is near or about that amount of comfort and energy.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 4:46 AM
Oh my! I've never had enough good beds, or bed frames, for that matter... and most TS2 beds are pixel-knows awful. So thank you very much for these lovely, lovely beds. My simmies'll be asleep much more often now...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 10:25 PM
excellent! I love that they match EA colors as well.
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:54 PM
Default download
Which one(s) are you downloading? I've just checked the files again, and they all contain several recolour files, plus a MESH_PETS and a MESH_BASEGAME file - but if you can let me know which ones you're looking at, maybe I can work out what's confusing you.

Remember that I'm talking about the file name - the regular old name you see in the folder once you've unzipped the .rar files. They won't show a difference in Clean Installer, because Clean Installer isn't needed.
Clean Installer is what i use as the default installer. just when the open with clean installer, it just had two objects and the recolors. but i found the solution and they work great in my game now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 4:11 AM
thank you soo much for these!!!
Instructor
#46 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 12:02 AM
Did you mod the Motives? I still don't see the awesome part? Most single beds in Sims 2 the sim actually wakes up worse off than when they went to bed. I'm sorry I can't fit a double bed in your dorm room! Why are sims punished for sleeping in a smaller bed?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 11:34 AM
Yes, I did mod the motives. "Made awesome" refers to the fact that I converted them for TS2, though .

And it is a pain that single beds are less comfy than doubles - but in my experience, it's quite realistic. One day, I will have a king-size all to myself...

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 7:36 PM
Thanks! Most of the stock beds in the game look ugly, and this helped!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 10:54 PM
This is wonderful, Thank You so Much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 6:06 AM
You are amazing and I <3 you... That is all.
Page 2 of 4