Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fully functional phone booth for community lots

by nicvncnt Posted 5th Nov 2007 at 10:49 PM - Updated 29th Dec 2008 at 7:19 PM by nicvncnt : Updated compatibility info

72 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Scholar
#26 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 1:40 AM
Thank you so much for shaing this!
It looks a lot more like what I'm used to seeing in urban settings!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 12:43 AM
This is fantastic and much needed to add realism to the game. Thanks!

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 4:00 AM
These look great, and I'll probably use them for decoration if nothing else, but they are not working for me, for some reason. The Sims go over and pick up the phone, but they don't actually talk into it so no Taxi comes. It seems they interrupt the action mid way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cookie_death
The Sims go over and pick up the phone, but they don't actually talk into it so no Taxi comes. It seems they interrupt the action mid way.

Sorry to hear that. Only diference I can see is you have Pets installed - I don't.

Anyone else with Pets having a problem with the booths?
Forum Resident
#30 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 4:16 AM
Wonderful! The Maxis phonebooths are so clunky and odd-looking, seeing as how I've never seen anything remotely similar in real life. Thanks so much for bringing some realism to my sims' world! <3
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 6:59 PM
Awesome & realistic! Thanks a lot! :D
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:52 AM
I like the realism (almost wrote real-sim), great work!
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicvncnt
Sorry to hear that. Only diference I can see is you have Pets installed - I don't.

Anyone else with Pets having a problem with the booths?

I'm having the same problem, but I don't have Pets. I do, however, have Teen Style, so maybe it came from that? I don't know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalinax
I'm having the same problem, but I don't have Pets. I do, however, have Teen Style, so maybe it came from that? I don't know.

OK, lets see if we can get to the bottom of this. If you wouldn't mind - next time you're playing a lot with the phone booth on it, could you enable testing cheats (boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true) before using the booth and see if the game displays an error dialog.

Thanks

Nick
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 10:19 AM
This doesn't seem to work for me and I was super excited! It shows up in game and all but as others have said I call taxi and nothing happens. Could you perhaps fix that and make it BV compatible (when you're on vaca the phone has no option to "end vaca." etc)??? I would be eternally greatful as I haven't been able to find something like this (well sort of, what I have found are terribly drawn) and have desperately wanted to be rid of that horrible Maxis one .

I have all EPs and SPs btw
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
This doesn't seem to work for me and I was super excited! It shows up in game and all but as others have said I call taxi and nothing happens. Could you perhaps fix that and make it BV compatible (when you're on vaca the phone has no option to "end vaca." etc)??? I would be eternally greatful as I haven't been able to find something like this (well sort of, what I have found are terribly drawn) and have desperately wanted to be rid of that horrible Maxis one .

I have all EPs and SPs btw

It's clear that there are problems with the phone for those who have EP's later than OFB. Although I will shortly be installing Seasons it will be some time before I install BV.

I would like to offer a version that works with the later EP's but the only way I can do this in the short term is if someone with BV will clone the Maxis phone for me so I can make a new version of my phone booth. If anyone is willing to do this then PM me and I'll give you me email addy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 10:32 PM
Default Bon Voyage compatible version now available.
Thanks to some valuable help from TashaFaun I have been able to create a version of the booth which works with Bon Voyage.

If you have BV and have been experiencing problems with the booth not working, download the modern_phone_booth_BV version and overwrite the old versions of the files.

Pets & Seasons owners who don't yet have Bon Voyage may still have problems.

A Seasons version will be available in the near future.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 10:09 AM
Just to let you know this appears to have no problems with Free Time so far
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
Just to let you know this appears to have no problems with Free Time so far

Phew, that's a relief.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 11:11 AM
Great ! Thank you for fixing it, now I can download it and use it !
I hated the maxis phone booth.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 8:11 PM
Well, I finally installed Seasons, so Pleasantview is full of flashing blue trees, the neighborhood scenery is fubar'd and the whole game's slowed to a crawl. The good news is that I've been able to create a Seasons-compatible version of the phone booth.
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 3:34 PM Last edited by QSim2 : 27th Aug 2008 at 3:36 PM. Reason: correction
This is great. I have the DMA set that with a menu allows a sim to call the cops to report unwanted sims or for one who starts a fight..and the police come handcuff the sim and take him/her away.
Typical
#43 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 8:31 AM
Brill thanks!!!!!!!!!! Though the which one to download was confusing, I think I got the right one havn't actually tried it yet
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 11:13 PM
Which one should I get, I have all the EPs and Stuff packs :S
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 3:51 AM
Has anyone tried this with AL installed?
Field Researcher
#46 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PwnagePanther
Which one should I get, I have all the EPs and Stuff packs :S

Get the BV one as that is the latest edition and it works with FT and AL.

Quote: Originally posted by Vintage_Tears
Has anyone tried this with AL installed?

Works beautifully. No need for an update. Download the BV one for AL.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 5:09 PM
I have all E.P.s excluding Pets. I'll give it a try and see how it works. Thanks.
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 1:43 AM
how can i use this phone boot?

i just put over the Maxis one, is that right?

anyway thank you so much..this is such a great (so real) public phone boot i ever seen.
Test Subject
#49 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 11:43 AM
OH! I totally love this! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:30 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! (because real phone booths don't need to look like doggy chew toys).

pieridae
Page 2 of 3