Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Are We Not Real Men?

by newone08 Posted 12th Jul 2009 at 12:15 PM - Updated 8th Jul 2011 at 3:13 PM by newone08 : Fixed the links

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heejungee
i didn't have a 'savedsims' folder in my thesims3 EA documents
i have a mac
T___T please help me
i do have a 'downloads' and 'saves' folder

Please read this instruction, ok. And let me know if it works or not.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...alling_TS3_Sims
Test Subject
#52 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newone08
Hey there, I'm gonna try to help you ok.
First off, you don't have to have mediafire account when you want to download the skins. All you have to do is save it from the link provided. No need to register. But if you already done that it's ok.

Could you try to redownload the skins without log in to media fire? Just click on it (the left side) where it says "Click here to start download". Don't click on the right side where it says "Separated Part" cause it won't open at all.
Do this step without log in at all. Just save the skins.

Ok, are you with me?
Now from there you go to your download folder in your computer and just extract them.

The rest is do all the steps to put the skins in mods folder.

Here:
For PC just install this program http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611
this is the easiest way to install any *.package file to TS3. (Just Double click *.package the files will automatically go to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages )

For MAC, get this file http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=927170
place in The Sims 3.app > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.
and any *.package place in The Sims 3.app > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages

And also this:
***Remove simCompositorCache.package in C:\Documents and Settings\Q\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to show up the new skin***

(I quote them from TummyZa/Hairy Skin thread)

Try do this and let me know if you still have the problem. I'm gonna help you, ok.

That helped a lot! I am blind and stoopid! I didn't even see the download thing on the left. I think my brain saw that box and thought it was an ad or something. Probably didn't help that it was like 1am here...

I am downloading now and will hold on to your instructions so I can finish. I'm excited! Obviously I just needed a nudge in the right direction!
Thank you!
Test Subject
#53 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:05 PM
hello there, i really love ur sims.. but im having problems with it. Everytime i play them, my game crashes to desktop. I cant go to any community place because if i do, it crashes.
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by m2_lo
hello there, i really love ur sims.. but im having problems with it. Everytime i play them, my game crashes to desktop. I cant go to any community place because if i do, it crashes.

Do you have any hacks in your game that are not compatible each others? Or do you have any custom hairs? (Custom hairs from this site/the store are fine not causing problem)
Every CC I used to make these sims are fine not causing problem (including the skintone)
Test Subject
#55 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newone08
Do you have any hacks in your game that are not compatible each others? Or do you have any custom hairs? (Custom hairs from this site/the store are fine not causing problem)
Every CC I used to make these sims are fine not causing problem (including the skintone)

i dont have any hacks. I have downloaded hair from other site but im not using it on this sim. I used only the original hair found in the game.

its the only sim that im having problems with.. when i use my other sims, they are ok.. but everytime i used this sim.. it crashes right away.
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by m2_lo
i dont have any hacks. I have downloaded hair from other site but im not using it on this sim. I used only the original hair found in the game.

its the only sim that im having problems with.. when i use my other sims, they are ok.. but everytime i used this sim.. it crashes right away.

I'm so sorry for the incovenience. But could you please read this instruction, hopefully it can solve your problem:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Loading_Crashes
Test Subject
#57 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 5:49 PM
ahhh i did exactly everything the steps said but he still doesn't show up in my game :[
any suggestions?
i do have a couple mods - the aikea guinea TS3 default replacement eyes, fruit hack, super speedy skill books, teachtoddlertalkfaster, teach toddler walk faster, teenpregnancyvers3, ts3 body skin more muscle with no hairs&nipples
Instructor
Original Poster
#58 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 7:02 PM
ahhh i did exactly everything the steps said but he still doesn't show up in my game :[
any suggestions?
i do have a couple mods - the aikea guinea TS3 default replacement eyes, fruit hack, super speedy skill books, teachtoddlertalkfaster, teach toddler walk faster, teenpregnancyvers3, ts3 body skin more muscle with no hairs&nipples

This one can caused the problem, ts3 body skin more muscle with no hairs&nipples Is that a default replacement? If yes, then you can only have one in your game.
Or he did show up but his face just different cause you don't use the same default skin I used to make him.
Test Subject
#59 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 10:41 PM
ohh it might be soo. i didn't see his face or body in the custom made sims box. he wasn't there at all. i'll try taking that mod out and see if it works. thank you for being so patient with me and helping me!
Test Subject
#60 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 11:25 PM
awww it still doesn't workk. i took out all my mods and tried the game again. booo.
maybe it just wasn't meant to be T__T
Instructor
Original Poster
#61 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:22 AM
awww it still doesn't workk. i took out all my mods and tried the game again. booo.
maybe it just wasn't meant to be T__T

What mods did you take out?
Do you have 2 default skins in your game? You only can have one.
I never heard this problem before.
Oh, wait do you have the resource.cfg in your game?
And please read the reply no.49 on this thread. Maybe it will helps.
Test Subject
#62 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 2:56 AM
i reinstalled the game because after i updated it, my people weren't showing up at all in any of the games, and the pictures of them were some sim i don't know O_O
i do have the resource.cfg installedd though and it might be the skins problem
i am trying out the new download of the sim right now :]
#63 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:31 AM
These guys are hot! *fans self* Great job, newone8, my self sim now has someone to fantasize about in Sunset Valley.
Test Subject
#64 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:55 PM
it works! thank you so much for being so patient with me. i'm not quite sure 100% why it didn't work but after i reinstalled the game (i was having other glitches as well T__T) he showed up just fine in all his manly glory. thank you!!! :] i look forward to all of your other creations!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#65 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:37 PM
it works! thank you so much for being so patient with me. i'm not quite sure 100% why it didn't work but after i reinstalled the game (i was having other glitches as well T__T) he showed up just fine in all his manly glory. thank you!!! :] i look forward to all of your other creations!!

YAY! I'm happy for you. I really am!
I hope you enjoy having him in your game now.
Which one is he, Jason or Skylar?
And no problem at all, I am glad I could help you.
Yes, I will be making more sims in the future. I promise!
And thank you for your comments!
Test Subject
#66 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 12:34 PM
can you try converting the The Sims 2 University hair? (faux hauk, the same one which Skylar wears)
Test Subject
#67 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 11:59 PM
These are some serious hotties! They will make pretty babies in my game lol! Thanks!!!
:D
Test Subject
#68 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 10:01 PM
Thanks for the link to the skin!!! its perfect!!!
Instructor
#69 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 2:25 AM
very nice. I wish I could make faces like these hotties. alas... I can occasionaly make a non-doughy face but it takes a lot of work and nowhere as good as this. Good job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 9:41 PM Last edited by Darkroselyn : 28th Oct 2010 at 10:28 PM.
I was wanderingn around looking for sims to download when I came across these two. They both look quite nice, but I was wondering if I could use the asian one for this http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=419378 , challenge? I promise to give you proper credit, a link to the sims and to give you a link to my story, if you want.
Instructor
Original Poster
#71 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkroselyn
I was wanderingn around looking for sims to download when I came across these two. They both look quite nice, but I was wondering if I could use the asian one for this http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=419378 , challenge? I promise to give you proper credit, a link to the sims and to give you a link to my story, if you want.

Absolutely, you can use Jason for the challenge. It's not a contest, so it should be ok.
And thank you for asking first, I really appreciate it.
I'm looking forward to read your story.

Good luck!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 10:18 PM
Thank you great work
Page 3 of 3