Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Outdoor Lighting Tweaks v2.2

by dDefinder Posted 30th Aug 2009 at 10:31 AM - Updated 18th Nov 2012 at 3:37 PM by dDefinder : UPDATE 21

272 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 177 Feedback Posts, 94 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 11
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 10:47 PM
Does this work with other worlds?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#77 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 9:20 PM
This is made of win! I've been looking for this for like... ages! O_O

Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 4:23 AM
this is fantastic! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#79 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 10:38 PM
Wonderful, thank you very much! One (very minor) issue I have is that it does cause it to swap the heat waves in Egypt with occasional foggy/storminess, which admittedly looks kinda weird. That aside (my sims don't travel much anyway)- it's great!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#80 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 8:33 PM
Well done with this mod! Yet, it seems a bit too heavy on my poor computer. Would it be possible to have this mod without the longer shadows? Just the less blue nights?

I have TS3 and all the expansions and although the game looks great with this mod, it's lagging a little after I installed the Outdoor Lighting tweaks!

Thanks a lot!
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
THANKS POST
#81 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 9:44 PM Last edited by Rafe Weisz : 3rd Feb 2011 at 2:22 AM.
Oh... thanks! Maybe you can add a "very dark" option too?
I love this mod

Edit: Forget it. I tried the dark option and it is darker than I like for a city with no street lights.

I still love yor mod.
Test Subject
#82 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 4:54 PM
I have all EP's and stuff packs. Does this mod work with the latest EP Late Night (specifically Bridgeport) and Outdoor Living Stuff pack?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 6:44 PM
this is great! can't wait to try this is game !
many thanks!! can't ever thank you enough! =D
thankssssssss
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#84 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 8:14 AM
Reminded me a lot of that timecyc.dat tweaks for GTA. Thanks a lot dude, I appreciate it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 10:06 AM
Very Good!! thanks :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 1:09 AM
Yea!!! And finally there is different day-to-day weather conditions! And realism! Thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 10:23 AM
This doesn't work in Twinbrook, too. Eh It looks some awesome in Sunset Valley, though!

some call it art, i call it bull****.
Test Subject
#88 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:10 AM
Very nice job with the outdoor but my big issue is indoor... Lightning and shadowing indoor totaly sucks right now! I beg for something like Radiance but for the Sims 3.

Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:00 AM
I will probably explode with happiness the day you find a way to get this to work for Twinbrook. The only thing I don't like about that town is the poor outdoor lighting, and when I saw this mod I about flipped... until I saw it doesn't work for that town.

Downloading it anyways on the offchance I ever play in any of the other towns again. Cheers!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 6th May 2011 at 7:56 PM
Great stuff. Thank you.
Retired
retired moderator THANKS POST
#91 Old 24th May 2011 at 1:32 PM
I'm trying to get a heavy fog in one of my worlds and was wondering if you could advise me on the settings I should be manipulating?
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 30th May 2011 at 3:22 PM
I would love to download this, but I have a few questions?
What does the "Brighter" night do?
Will outdoor lighting still be visible (for lack of better words)?
What is the approximate draw distance where the fog is visible (how far you have to zoom out/in until the fog begins to block the background out)?
Lighter water? How so?

Greetings From Nerdfighteria!
Helping to Decrease World Suck One Four Minute Video at a Time
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#93 Old 30th May 2011 at 3:59 PM
Looking forward to using this in-game. Thank you for your creativity (and correction)!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 30th May 2011 at 6:32 PM
I just have to say this is, quite frankly, one of the best mods made for this game ever. It is just gorgeous. Really. I can't play without it, and I love you for making this. Lol. Thank you so much, sincerely. And I can't wait until you can expand this for all worlds, in the EPs. Thank you so much again! This is just wonderful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:06 PM
Is this updated for Generations ?
:D
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fafafava

I'm using it for Generations and it works just fine. No errors encountered.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fafafava

Well it works with the new patch! :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#98 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:20 PM Last edited by dDefinder : 7th Jun 2011 at 2:36 PM.
This works with Generations and current patches. Shouldn't have to worry too much about future patches or packs, unless the weather has been changed or added.

There's now a way to have lighting mods work with new worlds (Late Night, Ambitions) thanks to AD85:
http://linna.modthesims.info/showpo...56&postcount=86

"High difficulty can lead to Phoenix Down addiction."
Test Subject
#99 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 10:43 AM
Hi
This is the most useful and great mod out there, I love it!

But... There's alway a but

Can you please make the night a little less dark and the dawn a little less orange? The nights are really too dark, when I go on adventures I can't see anything in some places, even with the luminosity of my pc at max :3

Maybe a new file or a tweak in the brighter file?

I'm not the only one who have this little problem: everyone I know who use this mod are annoyed just by that, and we are too dumb to know how to change it by ourselves :D

Maybe if you tell me where to change the RGB codes with S3PE I could do it myself, just for my game?

Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ninoo
Hi
This is the most useful and great mod out there, I love it!

But... There's alway a but

Can you please make the night a little less dark and the dawn a little less orange? The nights are really too dark, when I go on adventures I can't see anything in some places, even with the luminosity of my pc at max :3

Maybe a new file or a tweak in the brighter file?

I'm not the only one who have this little problem: everyone I know who use this mod are annoyed just by that, and we are too dumb to know how to change it by ourselves :D

Maybe if you tell me where to change the RGB codes with S3PE I could do it myself, just for my game?

Thank you so much!

Even with the "balanced" version?
Page 4 of 11