Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ikea Bookcases Emptied with 21 Slots

by leefish Posted 29th Dec 2009 at 11:50 PM - Updated 15th Nov 2015 at 2:48 PM by leefish : upload updated files

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 5:30 AM
This is brilliant! I bought the University Life Collection just a couple of weeks ago, and used the Billy bookcases (my real life choice, as well) for the first time this past week.

The identical shelves just look so freakish! Thanks for the mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 6:36 PM
I have a problem with using this.
I want (for example) to put something on the very top shelf only not on any other shelf. How do I have to do that? The bookcase wants me to fill up slot per slot.
Please help!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 10:22 PM
Thanks, I'll try it out asap :D
This is really great. :D

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
#55 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 4:46 PM
::nab::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 6:06 PM
;o; I get a 503 message when I try to download...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 8:51 PM
Default 503 message
Quote: Originally posted by MzTeacakes
;o; I get a 503 message when I try to download...

Oh dear. This is what you get when you try to download too much stuff at once. See the link below

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=383297

The files are there, you just have to wait for the server to reset.

Lee

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 4:05 PM
OH WOW this is the best thing ever!! Is there ANY way you could convert these to sims3?? I actually don't even care if they work like bookcases...
#59 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 7:00 PM
I haven`t tried selling the emptied IKEA book-cases in my OfB business, but when I tried to sell the other emptied book-cases, the purchasers left with books instead of book-cases, so I thought I`d give you a heads-up in case these share the problem and there happens to be anything you can do about it. Other than that, I love `em!

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 8:36 PM
Hi GenOps - that may well be the case - but for a bookshop, that is what you need no? When I pop into Waterstones to buy the latest bodice ripper I leave with a book, not the book case. I can see it may well be a drag for a furniture shop though. Its the way bookcases are made for OFB. Im sorry.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
#61 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 8:48 PM
Well, that`s weird, too, because when it is out of stock, the whole book-case is gone! It looks like it is trying to go both ways at once. I never noticed that the customers were leaving with *books* instead of book-*cases* because I was trying to sell the book-*case* itself, and the book-case *itself* seemed to be out-of-stock, as expected at the time. Never noticed, that is, until I started playing the customers and finding unexpected *books* in their inventories. At least this explains why the sale-price was so way out-of-line with the Buy Mode price.

Any idea how I can sell book-cases in my stores?

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 9:07 PM
Ulp. Indeed, like I said, I never really looked at OFB, and I micro manage my poor sims so much they are not allowed to let things be out of stock (Lee frowns).

Yes - you could CHANGE the BHAV functions from a bookcase to an endtable and use books with bookcase options.

That would work.

#63 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 9:17 PM
Just a reminder: The only empty book-case I`ve TRIED to sell is, if I remember correctly, the tall one from the base-game [I`m not entirely certain *which* tall one it was, but I *know* it was a tall one; I wanted to sell empty display-space for my other Sims to clutter up]; I only mentioned it here first because I found this thread again first, and wanted to give you a heads-up in case this had similar issues.

Anyway, what happens is that I sell the object one time, the whole case gets replaced with an out-of-stock sign, and the customer leaves with a book. I **HOPE** that this one is better-behaved than that, but you might want to test it, just in case.

My chosen initials notwithstanding, I am *not* a Modding God, and I`m not sure how to go about making such a drastic change to an object. Besides, SimPE takes forever to load, and I`m about out of time for today.

Test Subject
#64 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 11:16 AM
Awesome! Exactly what I've been looking for.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 8:11 AM
This is fantabulous! And thankyou so much for making the shorter bookshelf as well - its just what i want in my simmie houses. Thankyou! :-)

Help - there are small people in my computer - and they are talking to me!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 12:52 AM
what an increadibly sensible idea! oh, finalmente! thanks for thinking about this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 11:17 PM
*Clap!Clap* Bravo :0) you just kick my city library up a knotch!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 12:44 AM
*Angels sing*
Where'd that come from?
Anyway, this is GREAT! Finally, somewhere to put all those pretty buymode flowers, goofy photo booth pics, dream-date flowers, mini-stereos, and slacker career flowers! Funny, I'm allergic to flowers...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 2:30 PM
wow these are unreal...thanx..oh and can they be recoloured..
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by takart
wow these are unreal...thanx..oh and can they be recoloured..

They are linked to the IKEA Billy bookcases - any recolours of that bookcase will also apply to these (assuming you have them in your downloads folder)

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#71 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 7:49 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 16th Sep 2012 at 8:07 PM.
I'm having trouble with these. I've got the short Base version and I'm using it on a residential lot in Uni, and when I try to click on it, it says there are no interactions available. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? The tall empty one works fine, but not the short one. Weird.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#72 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 3:08 AM
Dunno Phae.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 8:14 AM
I may sound dumb but i'm a bit confused.. so does it require Ikea or freetime or is there a base compatible file? You can tell me through inbox if you want or here if I look around here again.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 11:13 AM
It requires IKEA and base at minimum.

The file you want is BookcasesBG.rar | Description: Bookcases with base menu

You would need to have some deco books as well, those are also downloadable.

Field Researcher
#75 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
It requires IKEA and base at minimum.

The file you want is BookcasesBG.rar | Description: Bookcases with base menu

You would need to have some deco books as well, those are also downloadable.

Oh okay, thanks! I'll try and download them later if I still desire them. Nice items by the way ^^
Page 3 of 4