Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Southern Charm a tribute to New Orleans

by Lisen801 Posted 31st Oct 2010 at 6:46 PM - Updated 27th May 2012 at 10:09 AM by Lisen801

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 56 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 1:37 PM
Wow, they look just like the ironwork on houses here. Excellent job. Gorgeous.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#27 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:20 AM
So happy with this new marvelous set.Once more,a HUGE Thank you.And a big hug.
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:44 PM
Thanks but how do you get the rounded floor? As seen in the second screenshot
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Northantrim
Thanks but how do you get the rounded floor? As seen in the second screenshot

The round corner is a small "corner filling". You can find it in my other upload "Fences and Stairs".
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 12:00 AM
From someone born and bred in Louisiana -- AMAZING JOB. You did a great job with capturing the look and feel of New Orleans (: I'm so excited to use these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:29 AM
Gorgeous! Thank you so much!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#32 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 3:13 AM
WoW! Nice set! Thanks! :0)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 5:45 PM
I love the New Orleans look. Never been there. Thanks so much. This is a great set.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 7:17 PM
I love this set! Thanks for the great New Orleans/French style look. Just to let you know tho' that the stairs are placing as wooden stairs if I use railings. If I don't use railings, they place as wrought iron, but turn solid after a while. I have all EPs and SPs and I'm patched up. Don't know if it's only in my game but thought I'd let you know!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 2:48 PM
This is beautiful work. Thank you so much for your time and effort
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 11:59 PM
oh wow! New Orleans is one of my fav cities and I go all the time. You have the ironwork done perfectly...it is just stunning. Thank you so much for sharing!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 1:29 AM
Absolutely beautiful
Scholar
THANKS POST
#38 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 5:04 PM
You are unbelievably talented. These look fantastic and I was wanting something like this for my TS1 Old Quarter lot. Thank you so much for making this and sharing it. It is much appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 2:05 AM
Being from New Orleans (born and raised) I'd have to say you've done a wonderful job at emulating the railing style seen all around the French Quarter. Also, to reinforce your initial thoughts, Bourbon Street is the center for all of the "activities" in the French Quarter, although it's a really wide expanse extending from the river by the St. Louis Cathedral and up from there to the French Market. From an architectural standpoint, New Orleans is a very beautiful city, that aside though, I'd never recommend living here to anyone as the novelty doesn't surpass the mass of downfalls the city has. Either way, excellent job and thanks for the railings haha
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 10:41 PM
Is it possible to use the rounded corner floor filler without having World Adventures?
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BandoGurl4515
Is it possible to use the rounded corner floor filler without having World Adventures?

I really don't know, but try it, I think it works.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 7:01 AM
Lovely and gorgeous! I was just in NOLA last month and I got excited when I saw these on here! Now I can relive my vacation even if through my Sims game ^_^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:02 AM
All I can say is ... WOW!!!
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th May 2011 at 4:57 AM
I'd love to download this but I cant use a .7z is there any way you might consider making your uploads available as a .rar?
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 30th May 2011 at 3:13 PM
Shevi70
Hi, so why don't you download and use 7zip?
www.7-zip.org/download.html
It's a very reliable program and I use it all the time. I also think more and more creators will use it in the future.
It can expand zip-, rar- and 7zip-files.

Thank you all for the nice comments.
Test Subject
#46 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:25 AM
Default A bug maybe?
Hi there,

Not sure if I am the only one having this issue, but the piece named "Left Iron Work" shows totally bold on my game. I mean, it is not iron see-through, it is just ...solid..

I tried to add a screenshot of it.

What I do to fix please?

Thanks!
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:43 PM
EtienneS...
Hi, that's a problem I've heard and I think it is something with the graphic card or graphic settings. You can fix it by using the CAS tool and change the setting some.

Lisen
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 3:49 PM
Oh my gosh this is so lovely! Unfortunately I play on a mac and when I download the files they don't work - does anyone have any advice on this? Or am I out of luck to create a wonderful recreation of NOLA? :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 11:20 AM
I love this! Thank you so much for making it.

One thing though...could you please tell me how you made those gorgous rounded corners on your floors? I've tried googling to no avail. I have all the expansion and stuff packs. What is a "rounded corner floor filler" and where do I find them? I feel as if I'm missing something integral...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 4:36 PM
This is just beautiful. I just got back from a trip in which we drove through a lot of small towns in Louisiana, and so many of the houses had that gorgeous wrought-iron that it got me started wanting to build with it. I was SO happy to see this set available! Thank you.
Page 2 of 4