Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Notebook V2.1

by plasticbox Posted 10th Jan 2015 at 3:50 AM - Updated 15th Feb 2016 at 1:11 PM by plasticbox

195 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 120 Feedback Posts, 74 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:05 PM
Thanks for fixing our issue, plasticbox! It works great (I finally finished testing it), we can now sell books from our inventory. I have my game fully updated with digital deluxe, outdoor retreat, and get to work (I think that covers all those bases).

Thanks again! The history challenge testers are all grateful
Field Researcher
#102 Old 4th May 2015 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ewright9
I'm doing the same challenge as tammy is, the challenge is very realism-focused so if you could please fix this issue that would be wonderful! Thanks!

My Sim sold two children stories the last two days written in the notebook.
MY SIMS LOVE the Notebooks. They all prefer it over the computer, taking selfies and playing with their stupid phones, thank God. (though my computer is a converted typewriter in that house)
If I could only toss the phone in the trash .I'd be so happy.
In my teen home, on another lot, I have two notebooks and a computer and there is always someone running off to use the notebook, if it is free, and the computer sits dejected except for occasional gaming or trolling. LOL. Had to keep the notebooks down to two for 8 Sims or they all would be writing their memoirs. I love it.
This will go great with Zebu's Mod. "Back to school"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:57 PM
A similar mod for Sims 3 was my favorite! Thank you so much for making this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:12 PM
*smiles* your awesome! Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#105 Old 19th May 2015 at 2:35 AM
I can't sell your notebooks in my bookstore.. I put a few of them (and recolors too) on shelves but I have no option to sell them. I checked the version I was using but it's the last one.. Is it normal or have I missed something? Thanks for your great mod
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 19th May 2015 at 9:47 AM
These are made from the Base Game, so it's entirely possible they're lacking GtW specific options. But thanks for the heads-up, I'll look into it next time I get around to it =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#107 Old 27th May 2015 at 8:48 PM
Thank you so much! I have some Sims that (I pretend) live in a time before computers - it sucks having to buy one just so they can write. I've been hoping for this. :D
Test Subject
#108 Old 31st May 2015 at 5:08 PM
After the most recent patch, this mod has partially stopped working for me. I have GTW (but it used to work fine prior to this patch).

Now, Sims cannot write any books with the notebook anymore. The action just cancels out when I click it. It's still possible to practice writing and write letters to other sims, but there is no writing animation. Instead, the sim just sits there reading (like with the skill books).
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 31st May 2015 at 5:19 PM
Seeing a reading animation might be normal behaviour -- just like with homework, that's one of the options that get played in a sort of loop. Cancelling out is of course not normal; I'm about to patch myself so I can take a look. Thanks for the feedback!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 31st May 2015 at 6:19 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 31st May 2015 at 6:44 PM.
I cannot repro that issue in 1.7.65.1020. My tester sim is not done writing the skill book yet (so I haven't checked everything), but he could start, stop, resume, name the book like it's supposed to. The writing animation also works fine. ETA: he finished the book, I also checked writing love letters, no problems.

Have you tested this without other CC?

The only oddity I still see (but that's been like that for a while and I consider it a non-issue more or less) is that custom names don't stick, but one can name the book (again) after it's done.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#111 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I cannot repro that issue in 1.7.65.1020. My tester sim is not done writing the skill book yet (so I haven't checked everything), but he could start, stop, resume, name the book like it's supposed to. The writing animation also works fine. ETA: he finished the book, I also checked writing love letters, no problems.

The only oddity I still see (but that's been like that for a while and I consider it a non-issue more or less) is that custom names don't stick, but one can name the book (again) after it's done.

Yeah, I've tested it with just your mod folder in my game (and taking out everything else). Maybe my patch update corrupted my game, I'll try repairing it to see if that works. Thanks for looking into it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:26 AM
Maybe some other user who has 1.7.65.1020 *with* GTW can let us know whether it works for them? That way you'd perhaps be able to tell whether or not it's your game that has an issue.

Lab Assistant
#113 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residentliza
After the most recent patch, this mod has partially stopped working for me. I have GTW (but it used to work fine prior to this patch).

Now, Sims cannot write any books with the notebook anymore. The action just cancels out when I click it. It's still possible to practice writing and write letters to other sims, but there is no writing animation. Instead, the sim just sits there reading (like with the skill books).

Fully patched with GTW installed, I was having a similar issue but discovered a simple workaround. Sims could not write books with the Notebook in their inventory, as reported above the action just cancelled out. However, place the Notebook in world, ie. on a table, and the command works exactly as advertised. Hopefully that helps out!

ETA: Was wondering if this mod played well with Scumbumbo's "Keep Books After Publishing." Could not find any .xml notes to cross-reference and saw no mention of compatibility reading back through the comments. Thanks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 8:06 PM
Ah, thank you! Then I'll try again if I can repro that -- I don't think my testers had any notebooks in their inventories.

Test Subject
#115 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 9:38 PM
Hi i'm new to using MTS and every time i press the link for download it says "no cookies found" i already have allow cookies and everything so what do i do?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 11:27 PM
This is a site issue .. please post in the Site Issues forum (top menu > Site > Site questions and issues).

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#117 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 5:35 PM
Your creations and recolors are wonderful and AWESOME! Thank you for doing what I wish I could do. Your creations make the game worth playing. Without people like you, the Sims 4 would be so limiting. So, THANK YOU! :D
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox

May I ask, how do you go about naming (or re-naming) the book when the title doesn't stick? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 3:34 AM
So cool!! Now all that's left is to find a 'death note' mod. XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#120 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 1:19 PM
This Is Great I'm Having A Problem My Sims Only Read The Notebook But They Never Write In It I Tried Everything But It's No Use :/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 1:24 PM
Works for me, in 1.9.80. Have you tested this without other CC?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 7:41 PM
My elder sim won't leave this alone! Haha, I constantly hear him giggling now. He went from always wanting to be on the computer to using this, autonomously.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 1:36 AM
In the 1.10 patch (2015-08-06), Maxis have fixed the issue which resulted in “Script Call Failed” errors when recolouring CC objects in game.

Test Subject
#124 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MEllis9102
Fully patched with GTW installed, I was having a similar issue but discovered a simple workaround. Sims could not write books with the Notebook in their inventory, as reported above the action just cancelled out. However, place the Notebook in world, ie. on a table, and the command works exactly as advertised. Hopefully that helps out!

ETA: Was wondering if this mod played well with Scumbumbo's "Keep Books After Publishing." Could not find any .xml notes to cross-reference and saw no mention of compatibility reading back through the comments. Thanks!

Not working for me - no matter where the notebook is, writing is impossible - "Practice Writing" works from inventory, though it still only shows the "reading" animation.
My Specs: Base + GtW + both GPs + Patio + Kitchen. Fully patched.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 7:52 PM

Page 5 of 8