Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#12101 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
woah... I gotta try that!

Its just holding the shift key that does is, isn't it? This has been a thing since The Sims 2.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#12102 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 6:35 PM
I just noticed today that one of the small CRT TVs (the Channel Trowler, I believe) has the Maxis logo on the VCR.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#12103 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 11:34 PM
One of my sims just got a wish to congratulate another sim on her recent marriage. I've not seen that one before. It was odd because I'd only just moved her in and she's hardly met anybody yet. The only person (other than her own family) who appeared in her relationship panel was her new boss, and that isn't who she wants to congratulate. This was in a populated custom world called Mayfield Springs.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
#12104 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 7:59 AM
Sims with the Athletic trait have the option to jog instead of walk.
Forum Resident
#12105 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 7:08 PM
1)That we can have a first star celebrity without doing absolutely anything for? Doh !!
2)And so nobody spontaneous comes to you to talk with your active sim , and your family never visit you.How sad ? (I got a mod to control visit)
3)That your active sim can completely ignored their cousins, uncles and aunts if you don't cheat to add them in the relashionship panel,and if they are not created in the same time in CAS.
4)I tried to play a couple of hours being isolated as mood, your sims suffers from Depression.

and my simself is still obsessed in working as a cooker ... , no matter the saves, no matter the traits I gave to her, the Nrass SP or the EA SP often choose this job for her .I am sure they got hidden hobbies or hidden wants I don't know...Or perhaps that's the zodiac sign that influences them?
She is also obsessed in working as a fireman too and she is obsessed in sciences, in playing guitar , in learning painting no matter the traits and the LTW.

And the same sims adopted pets no matter the saves, no matter the words, no matter their traits and LTW ...
Forum Resident
#12106 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
One of my sims just got a wish to congratulate another sim on her recent marriage. I've not seen that one before. It was odd because I'd only just moved her in and she's hardly met anybody yet. The only person (other than her own family) who appeared in her relationship panel was her new boss, and that isn't who she wants to congratulate. This was in a populated custom world called Mayfield Springs.

Yes the Socialization in this game is something that is appearing random but in fact that's the AI @Deshong could explain this more better than I do.
Instructor
#12107 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 7:50 PM
If someone finished reading a toddler book to the kid, they will be able to read it by themselves. I left the book on the floor and there was an option to read. No idea what would happen if I put the book on the shelf, I haven't tried that.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#12108 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
If someone finished reading a toddler book to the kid, they will be able to read it by themselves. I left the book on the floor and there was an option to read. No idea what would happen if I put the book on the shelf, I haven't tried that.

Cute baby alien I :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#12109 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 7:17 AM Last edited by Elynda : 9th Jan 2022 at 8:09 AM. Reason: correcting
Now, I don't know if anybody else suffers from this, or whether Sims 3 is just out to get me. But it is something that has plagued me since day one in build mode.

It seems that if I wish to include a back door to one of my houses, opening onto to a nice patio perhaps, or a convenient little kitchen garden, the game absolutely insists on showing me the back of the house in the thumbnail. It doesn't matter what doors it has at the front - perhaps my house has a grand portico in the palladian style, something to really impress the neighbors - the game will ignore that and show me the quaint bucolic charms of the back garden. I've tried using testing cheats to mark the front of the lot. I've tried marking the front door as the front door. It doesn't work. I've even tried to trick the game by placing the back door first and then, at the last minute, placing the front door, so that the game will think it's supposed to be a back door. But no, it still doesn't work! So my sims have to face a long trek around the house if they want to enjoy whatever little facilities I have included out there (no, not those sort of 'facilities' - I wouldn't be cruel enough to put an outdoor loo at the bottom of the back garden!).

But I think I have worked out a solution:-

Working in Bigger Builders Island, I place two identical empty lots. I build my house on one of them and include whatever doors I goddamn please - thank you very much game! Then, in edit town mode, I click on the lot with the Move Lot tool and re-place it. Then I use the Rotate Lot buttons to flip it around so the back is at the front. Being perverse (as ever) the game now displays the thumbnail with the front showing correctly. Then I use Move Lot again and this time move it to the empty lot I placed earlier. If necessary (it depends on how the lot is oriented) I use the rotate buttons to position it correctly. And if all goes well the thumbnail still shows the front of the lot. Success! The game thinks it has won but no! crazy old Ellie has outwitted it at last!. Mwahahaha!

Well, anyway I have tried this twice and it has worked both times. But with one caveat: make sure you are quite happy with where you have put the doors, and exactly what sort of doors you want, because if you change your mind the whole sorry business will start all over again.

P.S. If anybody now tells me of a much simpler way of going about this I shall, of course, thank them most politely.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Lab Assistant
#12110 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 6:15 PM
Today, liker practically every day I try to play with an ITF legacy, I discovered another glitch. Using a reset command, including "ResetSim *" while a Plumbot is in the powered down state will permanently break the plumbot and prevent almost all interactions with it. Some have said this can be fixed by removing the plumbot in Edit Town and then replacing him, but EA had the wisdom to entirely disable that function in the future world.

I'm slowly remembering why playing this file made me shelve this game for a while.
Forum Resident
#12111 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 8:23 PM
Gooosh ! Vampires can be zombified !! So I got a temporary hybrid zombie/vampire great. xD (Nope I don't possess Hybrid of Nrass)

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
Scholar
#12112 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 5:30 PM Last edited by Elynda : 16th Jan 2022 at 5:44 PM.
A major breakthrough with improving performance in my game. Actually I discovered it a few days ago, but I've been testing it out.

So, it appears that I've had an fps limiter to hand all this time and didn't realize it. And it's the same as I've been using for Skyrim. Well well! And if I hadn't stumbled upon this tumblr: https://simscctherapy.tumblr.com/ (where, if you scroll down a bit, there is an excellent guide to Sims 3 performance) I'd never have known about it. You can get it from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mo.../skyrim/mods/34. Simply unpack it, drop both files into the Sims3/Game/Bin folder, and you're in business.

And what a difference it makes! Playing a test game in Sunset Valley was just like playing it for the first time, way back when I only had the base game, WA and a few stuff packs. Hardly any lag at all! And some of my bigger story telling lots that have more than eight sims living in them, and where I've laid on the cc with a trowel (which consequently lagged like hell) are now actually playable! And in CAS things were loading much more quickly, and there were no more long waits for sims to switch from one outfit to another. Wonderful!

Instructor
#12113 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 2:38 AM
A major breakthrough with improving performance in my game. Actually I discovered it a few days ago, but I've been testing it out.

So, it appears that I've had an fps limiter to hand all this time and didn't realize it. And it's the same as I've been using for Skyrim. Well well! And if I hadn't stumbled upon this tumblr: https://simscctherapy.tumblr.com/ (where, if you scroll down a bit, there is an excellent guide to Sims 3 performance) I'd never have known about it. You can get it from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mo.../skyrim/mods/34. Simply unpack it, drop both files into the Sims3/Game/Bin folder, and you're in business.

And what a difference it makes! Playing a test game in Sunset Valley was just like playing it for the first time, way back when I only had the base game, WA and a few stuff packs. Hardly any lag at all! And some of my bigger story telling lots that have more than eight sims living in them, and where I've laid on the cc with a trowel (which consequently lagged like hell) are now actually playable! And in CAS things were loading much more quickly, and there were no more long waits for sims to switch from one outfit to another. Wonderful!

What's the difference between that mod and capping the frame rate through graphics driver?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Field Researcher
#12114 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 4:56 AM
That some sims enjoy sitting on the toilet to read instead of a chair o.O
Scholar
#12115 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
What's the difference between that mod and capping the frame rate through graphics driver?

You'd have to ask somebody who knows about that stuff, it's all a mystery to me. My somewhat aged HP Pavilion laptop, which has switchable graphics, is set up to use the AMD Radeon 6490M when playing games. If there's a way of capping the frame rate with that I'm sure I don't know.

Mad Poster
#12116 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 8:59 PM
You'd have to ask somebody who knows about that stuff, it's all a mystery to me. My somewhat aged HP Pavilion laptop, which has switchable graphics, is set up to use the AMD Radeon 6490M when playing games. If there's a way of capping the frame rate with that I'm sure I don't know.

AMD Radeon GPUs can be stubborn. I've always had success using RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS) to keep the fps locked in where it should be as the built-in drivers alone never did it for me and I believe most other TS3 players on these cards. But at the end of the day I don't really think it matters which tool explicitly caps the fps, as long as it works as can be demonstrated by the "fps on" cheat code or the tools themselves that can display the same information.
Instructor
#12117 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 6:45 AM
So I just found out that the description of Dean's house (Station Number One or something) in Riverview says that all the fire equipments have been sent to neighboring town. Wonder whether the neighboring town is actually Twinbrook since it is the only town that has active fire station (by default). Also in Twinbrook there's roads called Riverview Street and Jebidiah Street (there's a premade sim named Jebidiah Wilson in Riverview). Made me think that Riverview and Twinbrook could be actually related, and all the rivers in Riverview used to flood through to Twinbrook before the dam was built. Damn, I love playing those worlds.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
#12118 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 2:56 PM
I learnt that you can fail to impress celebrities. Poor Leah is trying to butter up someone rich and elderly to be able to, ahem, inherit from them. This one, however, saw right through her.
Screenshots

omnis mundi creatura
Forum Resident
#12119 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 7:47 PM
Hello friends !

Believe me I don't know what kind of sims I created but most of them childish even though most of them do not have the childish trait.

I let my zombified vampire attack, (wow we could have hybrids in this game the state of zombie is not forever) I could not believe the victim of Zombie attacks can take it this not seriously. They can joke on the zombie and the zombified sim can laugh at too. (depends on the traits for sure)
Everything was not played, I really let the story ran.

Test Subject
#12120 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 2:49 PM
I finally learned why the Ark Builder LTW is broken. It has a hidden requirement for you to own 2 fireflies, EVEN if you don't have Showtime.
Scholar
#12121 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 9:00 AM
That EA forgot to use Simlish instead of English for this sketch pad drawing.
START

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
#12122 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 4:53 PM
Perhaps English is like drawing in the SimNation or they are bilingual in reality

Instructor
#12123 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 9:16 PM
so I just found out that you can sit on a stool while carrying a toddler. this is Wogan and Belisama Hemlock.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#12124 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 1:59 PM
Some sims avoid to reply to some questions.
Enji replies about his zodiac sign but he never replies about his carreer ahaha ! As if he wants to keep it for him.

About the AI of the game. One of my simself colleague Quentin was furious against her when he speaks about the Detective carreer because actually she does nothing, I do not sent her to work and he is always at the police station working. if the sims 3 weren't smart, he wouldn't care would he? He speaks about the carreer himself I did not control him.

That's why I love the sims 3. Those sims are personnalities.

Alchemist
#12125 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 9:12 PM
All these years and I didn't realize that ghosts can possess food. I was hilarious watching a hotdog shaking in the air at the park.
Screenshots
Page 485 of 490