Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 2nd May 2007 at 8:54 PM
well, im on the step after you level the ground with the tile deforming thing.. where u raise the ground under the tile by 4 then relevel and stuffz, but after i do that, and try to put the walls back it says its covered by floor tyle where ever i try to place the walls

Best Online Game EVER
RUNESCAPE!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 3rd May 2007 at 12:36 PM
anotherbiffname, nelson_ts2fan_loco, AaronWuzHerem,

Have you done the things asked on the first page after the cover page of the tutorial?

Anyhow, what en7en ask to do is Mikeinside's Easy Walls

If you did, you should be able to fill the ap easily.
Test Subject
#78 Old 19th May 2007 at 10:06 PM
This tutorial was great.. I understood most of it and was able to follow easily. However, I found a little hitch and trouble with doing a foundation that sticks out from the sides of the house...

http://english.tour2korea.com/image...ng/rakgojae.jpg

http://park.org/Korea/Pavilions/Pub...ic/tradi-03.jpg

See, I could get the base alone and even raise the roof properly (without the base), but once I tried to make scaffolding and a base of one square away from the house, even with the level tool I had serious issues to contend with. In addition most traditional Korean and Japanese residential houses are like this--they have a board sticking out of about 2 or so.. this made it near to impossible for me to raise a proper roof, especially since the width of the house was only 2-4 squares wide.

http://park.org/Korea/Pavilions/Pub...e/tradi-03.html

I based it on a real Korean house too...

Anyway, do you have any ideas on how to achieve *both* a foundation that sticks away from the house, and this type of roof? I tried fussing for pretty much a whole day and still couldn't get it to work out. If you have any bright ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Mad Poster
#79 Old 20th May 2007 at 5:56 AM
HitsujiKinno,

Sorry, I'm no en7en, but I try to suggest something here for you and/or those who happen to share the same interest.

May just make another compressed/dummy level for the extra foundation.
Say, the lower foundation is painted with stony wallpapers.
Then, above it, may use "column decks" (build them with the keyboard "shift" key and your mouse-drag), and lower them down for the foundation part between the stony one and the house...with the cheat boolprop constraintsfloorelevation false... (lol, as a reminder, may reset it to true after your arts for your goods.)

Please ask more when having more questions...
Good lucks.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 5:24 PM
Default Actually
Quote: Originally posted by KiaraRawks
This is going to be hard. I cant read your tutorial and be on the game........

Theres quite a nice trick here. If you create a second shortcut to the game, you can alter it's location so the game runs in a windowed form. Just add:

" -w" (without quotes and with space, but after the quotes in the location bar)

This lets you switch back and forth when you're following tutorials. But you need quite a fast computer!

"Blood is thicker than water, meaning you should be nice to your relatives. But custard is thicker than blood. This meaning you should be nice to trifles?"
- Eddie Izzard
Test Subject
#81 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
anotherbiffname, nelson_ts2fan_loco, AaronWuzHerem,

Have you done the things asked on the first page after the cover page of the tutorial?

Anyhow, what en7en ask to do is Mikeinside's Easy Walls

If you did, you should be able to fill the ap easily.

I had the same problem as AaronWuzHere and have tried what you suggested. However, when I follow the "easy walls" instructions it won't let me save the file once I have changed it. I get a message saying "cannot create bla...bla... make sure path and file name are correct."

I'm sure that I have followed the instructions correctly. Any suggestions?
Mad Poster
#82 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 7:58 PM
Dabih,

Your wall.txt may have been set as "read only"
So, may right-click at the file and choose "property" and then uncheck the "read only" attribute. Then, press "OK" to validate the act.
Test Subject
#83 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 9:21 AM
Niol, thanks for your reply. I have checked and the walls file isn't read only. However, EA Games and all it's subfolders down to walls were marked read only. I tried unchecking read only in the EA Games and all subfolders, clicked apply and ok but every time I go back into properties they have converted back to read only again. I just can't find a way round it.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 6:25 PM
Dabih,

May just make a copy out of the Maxis folders and do changes in that copy. Copy it back to replace the original ones after your backing up the original ones...
Test Subject
#85 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 9:48 AM
Niol,
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried that and it worked. However, it didn't solve my original problem and now, potentially, I may have another issue;

1. I read in another article, preparing for the next expansion, that altering programme files can cause proplems installing the game and changes may cause installation to abort. To get round this, I have kept the original walls file and will swap it back in before I install the new EP. I hope that will work? This may be a question for another thread.

2. I still can't get my walls to go back in!! I'm at the stage where I've done my roof and it looks great. I take out the walls to level the ground (because doors and windows won't go in yet) and the walls won't go back in.

When I try and put the walls back in it says area is covered by floor tile.

I tried putting the walls back in with the floor elevation cheat on and the walls will go in but the roof distorts.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 4:23 PM
Test Subject
#87 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Dabih : 11th Sep 2007 at 6:02 PM.
Thanks for help. Managed to solve my problem by installing Numenor's unlevel walls.
Page 4 of 4