Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 5:38 PM
Default Worlds inspired in the 70/80/90s era?
Hello all,

I have seen worlds inspired by the 50's era. I was wondering if there are any worlds out there inspired in the 70/80/90s era?

I couldn't find any.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 6:26 PM
I could only recall this Vice City remake from Grand Theft Auto by Fresh Prince. In the GTA world Vice City is based from Miami set in the 1980s.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 7:47 PM
Maybe its cause I'm old, but I don't feel like much has changed since the 90's. Its why we all feel like we're living in a loop. The 80s had a definite style though.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 9:14 PM
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Well buildings haven't changed. The most that changed are cars I think. If you watch movies, you can tell the time by the cars they drive.

But I've always identify the 3 as such:
70 - Hippies, dyed color, groovy
80 - Big hair, polyester, a lot of color
90 - Strait hair, black leather, emo-depressing

To me the 90's were ripped demin, tshirts, and flannel. Pretty much the same now. I enjoy emo music but have always been more grunge in my dressing choices.
But to stay on topic @AGuyCalledPi seemed obsessed with 80s asthetic for a while there. They may know a world built to be 80s centric.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 2:43 AM
there was a Japanese world a while ago that was 1980s themed. not bad, I don't know if a finished version was ever released but it had some good looking areas with a nice mix of architectural styles. Japan so traditional, early Western inspired to postwar, to high tech postmodernist contemporary and all that....honestly, good effort for a no-CC world. Beyond that I can only recommend the grit of Boroughburg which I believe comes with an optional retro skyline for old school NYC vibes.

I just got back into this game this week after a year+ long break though and I'm not really thinking about worlds.......you will most likely never ever find one that's the right style AND high enough quality. Personally I'm now just going ham on 64x64 lots and seeing how much I can make it look like a real living city.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 4:25 AM
I don't think there is any world specifically for that era but you could take your favorite world and change the lots to some retro houses filled with shag carpet and recliners. Then dress up your sims in bell bottoms, vests, pantsuits and don't forget to add a scarf either on the head or around the neck. Leisure suits for the guys.
To me the 70's are kind of hippies - 80's is disco and Jane Fonda workout clothes - 90's is punk and high waisted acid-washed jeans.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 2:47 PM
if you buy into the 70s/80s/90s stuff pack, sure, you can get all that with a bit of fiddling in Create a Style. There's another challenge in making it look right for everyday living. You can get your That 70s Show aesthetic with the right patterns and fits.....the patterns being the easy part, TS3 has more than enough of those. Fits are a lot harder, between the entire population of a world it's pretty hard to style everyone in regular outdoorsy fashion without having to repeat yourself a bunch of times. All the clothes in this game are two sizes too small for this time period!

anyway. You will need to learn to love beige. orange too if you're going to be doing stuff before 1985, though it depends on the people you're trying to create and their economic situation. Do not be afraid of woodgrain appliances or drab flannel shirts.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 1:23 AM
Aquamenti has a fair bit of 1980s Art Deco Revival buildings, but they're very colorful and over-the-top, not very realistic: https://chojrak-making-things.tumbl...canic-island-it

At least one of the community lots has a postmodern plaza in the middle that's great for pictures!