Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 7:05 AM Last edited by boingo82 : 13th Apr 2007 at 7:11 AM.
Default RESOURCE: Helpful roof slope angles
I wish I'd had this written down rather than figuring it out myself, so maybe I'll help someone else...

Here are the roof slope angles you can use to get livable space underneath AND be Seasons compatible. As you know, if you don't want your Sims upstairs to freeze to death, you have to build the roof, delete the wall in the livable part, replace the wall, and build the roof again one floor up .
If you do this and don't get the angle exactly right, you'll get a sloppily mismatched roof like this:

So rather than do that, or figure out the correct slopes by trial and error, here are some proven workable roof slopes:

4/12 rise
type "roofslopeangle 18.43" sans quotes
This is the shallowest pitch that works - but you will not get livable space under the roof until it's gone over 9 tiles.

4.5/12 rise
type "roofslopeangle 20.56" sans quotes
Livable space after you've gone over 8 tiles
(Image coming.)

5.143/12 rise
type "roofslopeangle 23.2" sans quotes
Livable space after you've gone over 7 tiles
(Image coming.)

6/12 rise
type "roofslopeangle 26.57" sans quotes
Livable space after you've gone over 6 tiles

7.2/12 rise
type "roofslopeangle 30.96" sans quotes
Livable space after you've gone over 5 tiles
(No pic of this one. Maybe later.)

9/12 rise
type "roofslopeangle 36.87" sans quotes
Livable space after you've gone over 4 tiles

12/12 rise (the default in SIMS 2)
type "roofslopeangle 45" sans quotes
Livable space after you've gone over 3 tiles

18/12 rise
type "roofslopeangle 56.31" sans quotes
Livable space after you've gone over 2 tiles

24/12 rise
type "roofslopeangle 71.5" sans quotes
Livable space after you've gone over 1 tiles
PIC
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 10:56 AM
Ahh a good tip indeed. I havent installed my copy of Seasons yet, but will propably do that today or tomorrow, will be interesting to see how many of my old buildings that has to be remade/rebuilt. Thanks for sharing!

"Sims2 is life... all the rest is just details!"
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 5:52 PM Last edited by niol : 29th Jun 2007 at 7:04 PM.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 10:47 PM
Thanks, this is helpful! <plug>Will probably mix very well with the Bigger Attics approach (link in Niol's post) to maximise the livable space</plug> =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Thanks, this is helpful! <plug>Will probably mix very well with the Bigger Attics approach (link in Niol's post) to maximise the livable space</plug> =)

Oh, that looks interesting! I will try it when I get back home. Does it combine OK with basements?
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 3:04 AM
This is great! Thanks so much! I always did 56.3 for my rowhouses. (Learned it from a TSR tutorial-Cyclonesue) I can now build Parisian Lots w/o CFE! & W/Pets, individualroofslopeAngle will also help me! Thanks so much! (could be a sticky..but idk)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boingo82
Does it combine OK with basements?

Yes, it does. All you need to know is how to make the uppermost level (roof support) 4 or 6 clicks high -- i.e., account for the extra height of the basement --, the rest is easy-peasy =). Post in the Bigger Attics thread if you get stuck, I have it subscribed!

Have fun!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.