Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 1:48 AM
Default After I installed this EP, Sims became more hardcore.
I can't trust my sims to go outside without dying Stephen Stotch died of freezing into little bits, I had to reset my game because Kenny McCormick died due to wearing the wrong clothes in the hot summer, and Wendy's best friend Bebe got caught in a sudden flame while Ms Testaburger was cooking a meal, and now Cartman's mom died for no apparent reason, and I just selected them after having fun with the Testaburgers.

I have to say... this EP won't stop killing my whole town. What do I do? How can I prevent this from happening all over again?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 2:25 AM
I think the main question is, who put their hoohoodilly in Cartman's mom's chacha?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 2:44 AM
It sounds like you may have a mod that is taking your Sims temperatures to extremes (I vaguely remember that Awesomemod could do that, but I may be wrong I don't use it.) My Sim never get too hot or too cold(Unless its a Nraas mod that is protecting my Sims from extreme temperatures.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 3:01 AM
Yeah you must have some sort of mod issue; I've had Seasons for fucking ages and it's never massacred my towns.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 4:09 AM
This time, Kenny killed Kenny.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 4:12 AM Last edited by memy9909 : 3rd Jun 2014 at 4:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
It sounds like you may have a mod that is taking your Sims temperatures to extremes (I vaguely remember that Awesomemod could do that, but I may be wrong I don't use it.) My Sim never get too hot or too cold(Unless its a Nraas mod that is protecting my Sims from extreme temperatures.)

I deleted Awesomemod way before I had Seasons. Also, I have another problem, my sims won't talk to each other while they're sitting down in addition to not being able to save their relationships and having that first time message of activation EPs everytime I start. I don't have that much mods, really and the majority of them are tweaks to teens and children and NRAAS mods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I think the main question is, who put their hoohoodilly in Cartman's mom's chacha?

Scott Tenorman's dad.
(I know, what a boring answer I made.)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 6:40 AM
Something is definitely off in your game. I noticed there are both the Summer Fun & Holiday Cheer moodlets in the panel which shouldn't be possible since one only happens on Leisure Day and one on Snowflake Day.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 9:24 AM Last edited by babele44 : 3rd Jun 2014 at 10:17 AM.
Also the mood meter is the wrong colour (it's that bluish green that I usually get when the UI is broken) and doesn't reflect Cartman's mood anyway (it should be in the deep reds like his portrait thumbnail but it shows a level that is almost in Elated) and Grim is missing his head.
In addition freezing to death takes ages, first they would have to freeze solid and then starve to death while frozen, meaning that they will have to lie around for at least a whole Sim day. So it is next to impossible to have this happen accidentally and so unexpectedly fast.
I would say that something is terribly broken in your game.

Edit: There's actually more after looking at that screenshot again:
- he's sitting on a couch while his mother dies; he should actually have come running and mourn her
- there's a cat living in the house but doesn't show in his relationship panel; that's not normal either. Even if he had no relation with it, household members always show up
Alchemist
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Also the mood meter is the wrong colour (it's that bluish green that I usually get when the UI is broken) and doesn't reflect Cartman's mood anyway (it should be in the deep reds like his portrait thumbnail but it shows a level that is almost in Elated) and Grim is missing his head.
In addition freezing to death takes ages, first they would have to freeze solid and then starve to death while frozen, meaning that they will have to lie around for at least a whole Sim day. So it is next to impossible to have this happen accidentally and so unexpectedly fast.
I would say that something is terribly broken in your game.

Edit: There's actually more after looking at that screenshot again:
- he's sitting on a couch while his mother dies; he should actually have come running and mourn her
- there's a cat living in the house but doesn't show in his relationship panel; that's not normal either. Even if he had no relation with it, household members always show up

Nice observation. I wouldn't dispute a thing.

Also wanted to point out Cartman's mood. His thumbnail is supposed to be red only if he's Very Hungry. Right now his moodlet is only Hungry, so it's not possible to be red (it's supposed to be orange, at least).

Just call me Nikel
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 11:23 AM
It could be red if he also had the moodlet of having witnessed the death of a relative. It really looks as if the moods of the Sims are in accordance with what happens but the UI is stuck in some odd state and doesn't reflect the actual circumstances.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
It could be red if he also had the moodlet of having witnessed the death of a relative. It really looks as if the moods of the Sims are in accordance with what happens but the UI is stuck in some odd state and doesn't reflect the actual circumstances.

Should I post my mods?
Scholar
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by memy9909
Should I post my mods?

Go for it, I think you didn't uninstall awesome mod correctly and it fucked up you're game.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
Go for it, I think you didn't uninstall awesome mod correctly and it fucked up you're game.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 11:40 PM
Unless I missed it, it doesn't look like you have the base mod for Nraas Story Progression, just the extra modules. The base mod is required for the extra modules to work and that may be whats screwing your game (unless someone else can see something I can't.)
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 11:41 PM Last edited by babele44 : 4th Jun 2014 at 1:52 AM.
Some of these mods are almost 5 years old. Have you checked them for compatibility with your current patch level?
And as regards AwesomeMod: unless this is a game that you started before you pulled AM from your Mods folder I doubt that this will be the reason.

Edit: Orilon, yes, you're right, I can't find the base module of Story Progression either on that list.