Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 11:19 PM
Disable/Remove the Weather Stone?
So this thing is really, really, REALLY pissing me off. Every freakin' time it respawns even if I force-delete it.
Every time that stupid icon is in my face, just sitting there in the corner of the screen, refusing to go away.

It's just in the way, and I strongly dislike it!

Is there absolutely no way from completely preventing it from showing up? Or at least having it not visible on the map, or remove the icon from the UI? Because boy is it annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

(And no, saying I should just uninstall Seasons or Supernatural is not an option, because I enjoy both of these expansions. Or at least parts of it. )

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 12:59 AM
Well, there was a mod to disable the tag but it stopped working with IP. One suggestion was to stick it in your family inventory (cheats probably nessacery and maybe Nraass Debugger as well.) also, Traveler has an option to prevent it from respawning once deleted, I think.
Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 6:23 AM
If you use Twallan's Traveller, you have the option to disable it.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:45 AM
For me the Weather Stone remains a mystery (but I'm not complaining! lol). I used to hate that thing because I kept forgetting about it and every time I started a new game it froze for some seconds just to give me information about it. I couldn't care less because I have never used it so it was useless freezing and, sometimes, even game lagging plus it used to creep me out. But that was happening before...
My old computer died about 3 months ago and after I bought a new one, I had (of cource) to install everything again. So, the launcher prompted me to update with the last patch (1.67). After having all my EPs (including SN) and SPs installed I started to play and after a month or so it hit me: I have started so many new games and that stupid, useless weather stone does not exist in them. I don't know why but I couldn't be happier. I know I don't have any specific mod about the darn thing. I don't know if it's because of the 1.67 patch but I doubt it.
Now, every time I start a new game, it only informs me about the "new" smart phone (which is getting kinda "old" after almost 2 years, don't you think?) and the social groups and I'm asked if I want to move my sims to another town (which I find stupid because I just started playing, EA, and I chose to play this world so why the hell should I want to move somewhere else??).
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:26 AM
Whenever I start a new game I get a note saying the Weather Stone has appeared. What does it even do?
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
Whenever I start a new game I get a note saying the Weather Stone has appeared. What does it even do?

If you have SEA and SN you get the Weather stone, this objects can be used only by supernaturals nothing really special but that may help them, if you wan to know more
just search on YouTube

I need a cigarette