Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:45 PM
Default Will installing seasons effect any mods i already have in pets as there are important Thanks :)
I have some nraas mods and alot of horse mods will installing seasons effect or delete them?

Thanks
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:49 PM
Try the Help forum or ask over on NRaas.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:00 PM
I cant ask them for some reason
Alchemist
#4 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justkeepsiming
I have some nraas mods and alot of horse mods will installing seasons effect or delete them?

Thanks

Just make sure that the patch version of your mods and the version of your game match. That's the most important thing. When it comes to those horse mods, the answer is the same. If you want to be sure, you can always go and check the info of those horse mods from the site you dowloaded them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:36 PM
Thanks a couple of people said that i would have to uninstall all mods custom content and then reinstall them if i get an EP
Alchemist
#6 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:49 PM
Thanks a couple of people said that i would have to uninstall all mods custom content and then reinstall them if i get an EP

When you install new EP's, it's always good to move the Mods folder to your desktop and move it back after the install is done. The cc in your launcher can stay as is. It's also good to take a backup copy of your saved games just to be on a safe side in case something goes wrong. .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:58 PM
What would happen to the game if i just kept all the mods and didnt reinstall them thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:59 PM
Also does seasons really make it lag a lot i have a high end pc but want to know sorry for all the questions :/
Alchemist
#9 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:04 PM
Well, moving your mods folder to your desktop is a really easy and quick thing; just cut and paste. Don't forget the cache files! If you keep the Mods folder where it is, most likely you'll be okay. But it is recommended to take it out, so that nothing goes wonky during the installation. It's basically your choice. I have always taken it out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:07 PM
Thanks a lot i dont know any who has done that stuff to ask lol, it do you have seasons and pets? and does seasons give bad lag?
Alchemist
#11 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:12 PM
Seasons can cause lag for some but if you have a good gaming rig (especially the graphics card), then you should be fine. I didn't have any lag after I installed Seasons. I have all EP's and SP's (except Katy Perry) and practically no lag whatsoever.
Alchemist
#12 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:55 PM
Seasons do cause lag sometimes - not for everyone and not very much - but it sure makes the game a bit slower than any other expansion pack would
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:54 PM
Winter seems to be the season that causes the most lag, but the other three aren't all that bad in my experience.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 5:41 PM
I cant ask them for some reason

Did you request membership to the Wiki? Once membership is activated (membership is usually activated within a few minutes) you should be able to post in Chatterbox and any of the Discussion Topics. If you have requested membership and are having problems please let me know and I'll look into for you.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 8:41 PM
I haven't always remembered to move my mods folder to the desktop when installing new EP's and SP's and it hasn't been a problem for me. I have all the EP's and SP's (except for Katy Perry) and a fair amount of CC and mods and I have no lag except for an occasional 1-2 second lag on color rendering when entering a very large and heavily furnished and decorated lot for the first time.