Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smarter Baby Care v5

by scumbumbo Posted 5th Jan 2015 at 6:11 AM - Updated 30th Aug 2018 at 7:54 AM by scumbumbo : Updated to v5 (Aug 16, 2018 game patch)

146 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 7:58 PM
Thank you very much! I would very much use this mod but I think that whenever my baby is
in need of attention, most of my Sims in my household will drop whatever they are doing, as supposed to
just one person!
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:39 AM
It seems after I started using this mod, the show-off baby interaction doesn't work anymore (sims do nothing thus the interaction is auto-canceled). Is it true this one is this mod fault?
Deceased
Original Poster
#53 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nmlsslbrty
It seems after I started using this mod, the show-off baby interaction doesn't work anymore (sims do nothing thus the interaction is auto-canceled). Is it true this one is this mod fault?

I was kind of surprised by this possibility as I hadn't changed anything dealing with the show baby interaction, so tried it in the game and sure enough it didn't work for me - same thing the parent would walk up to the cradle and then cancel the action. Removing the mod didn't fix it, so I spent a good half hour trying to figure out what EA broke, but they hadn't changed show baby either.

Finally I moved the cradle to a more accessible location (out in the front yard!) and all was well again, so it should still be working as long as there is adequate space around the object. Don't know if they changed where the sims stand for the action or if I'd just never tried it in that house before.
Test Subject
#54 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I was kind of surprised by this possibility as I hadn't changed anything dealing with the show baby interaction, so tried it in the game and sure enough it didn't work for me - same thing the parent would walk up to the cradle and then cancel the action. Removing the mod didn't fix it, so I spent a good half hour trying to figure out what EA broke, but they hadn't changed show baby either.

Finally I moved the cradle to a more accessible location (out in the front yard!) and all was well again, so it should still be working as long as there is adequate space around the object. Don't know if they changed where the sims stand for the action or if I'd just never tried it in that house before.

yes, it's like you said
I found this solution, and I tried it too, the problem is solved now

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...ps/td-p/3501099

it looks like it's not a bug, but a glitch(?) of the game
the show-off interaction need a lot space in the back of the cradle (head part of the baby), because the target sims for this interaction usually come and stand from that head-part's cradle direction
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 6:45 PM
This is great, thank you. c:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 5:53 AM
Thanks
Instructor
#57 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 3:29 AM
so is this good to go with patch 12?
Deceased
Original Poster
#58 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 6:44 AM
This mod has been checked with the latest game patch (Feb 3, 2015) and no update is required.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 9:18 AM Last edited by biero : 6th Feb 2015 at 9:20 AM. Reason: Forgot Specific Message
I thought I simply liked your stuff. I think my first mod was one of yours. Then I saw another and another and...you get the point. Now I have all but two or three of your mods haha. Thank you so much for all of the hard work you do so that I may get on with my sim day and have my (real) hair still left at the end of it. ^_^

Also, more intelligent is better than auto huddle around the baby and freak it out more! This mod is a life saver. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:07 PM
Awesome Mod! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 4:27 AM
I didn't think I needed this mod... until my child got taken away... with his dad in the same room -_- Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 5:18 PM
Best ever, many thanks!
Test Subject
#63 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:59 PM
It didn't work for me does autonomy need to be on for this to work?
Deceased
Original Poster
#64 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ready4luv
It didn't work for me does autonomy need to be on for this to work?

Yes requires autonomy on -- this eliminates some unnecessary autonomy and adds some better autonomy but doesn't change what happens when you direct your sims to do something.
Test Subject
#65 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Yes requires autonomy on -- this eliminates some unnecessary autonomy and adds some better autonomy but doesn't change what happens when you direct your sims to do something.

Thank you!!!! I was noticing the change in interaction coo at but they were still just sitting there telling the baby it stink lol. I miss the options for free will now its just on or off.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 9:48 PM
I was looking for a mod like this for so long! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 1:51 AM
is this updated for the current patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 12:42 AM
Is this mod compatible with the recent patch March 26,2015?
Deceased
Original Poster
#69 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
is this updated for the current patch?

It hasn't been updated and I haven't checked compatibility yet. We just got the XML from EA today so I'll be busy fixing some mods that I know are bad first, then I can move on to ones that may have unknown issues. I'll keep y'all posted!
Scholar
#70 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Francesrdguez
Is this mod compatible with the recent patch March 26,2015?

It is updated to v2 now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 7:37 AM
awsome
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:22 PM
*kneels* we are not worthy!!! Thank you so much! ... I dont have to insta-age my babies anymore!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 4th May 2015 at 2:17 AM
This is great! Do you think there's any way to make some baby interactions fun for the adult, such as bounce?
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th May 2015 at 9:28 AM
Is it safe to use this on the May 4th patch? (im new to Mods)
Deceased
Original Poster
#75 Old 5th May 2015 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smanfy
Is it safe to use this on the May 4th patch? (im new to Mods)

Should be safe. There are a few animation changes that shouldn't be critical and will be a low priority update unless they actually cause problems.
Page 3 of 6