Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smarter Baby Care v5

by scumbumbo Posted 5th Jan 2015 at 6:11 AM - Updated 30th Aug 2018 at 7:54 AM by scumbumbo : Updated to v5 (Aug 16, 2018 game patch)

146 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#76 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:16 PM
Came browsing, and found this newly updated jewel... thanks! (fangirl)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#77 Old 12th May 2015 at 9:03 AM
Thanks for updating this one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 12th May 2015 at 9:16 PM
Super helpful! Surprised me how dumb the Sims parents were acting ^^;
Deceased
Original Poster
#79 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SulSulSims
Super helpful! Surprised me how dumb the Sims parents were acting ^^;

I'm actually surprised anyone would be surprised by that!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 12:13 PM
Does this still work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 9:41 PM
I'm not sure, does anyone know?
Deceased
Original Poster
#82 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucreziana
Does this still work?

No changes were required to this mod with the latest patch - The XML hasn't changed and I've done some testing in game and everything appeared to be working fine.
Test Subject
#83 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 8:30 AM
I'm not entirely clear how everything works, so I wanted to ask if this affects other households than the one you're currently working in. I switched between households briefly (after making sure the babies' needs were met) and switched back to find the babies had been taken. Will this help with that?
Deceased
Original Poster
#84 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oraydio
I'm not entirely clear how everything works, so I wanted to ask if this affects other households than the one you're currently working in. I switched between households briefly (after making sure the babies' needs were met) and switched back to find the babies had been taken. Will this help with that?

No. I've considered writing a no baby snatcher mod (there was one, but I think it's not up to date) because I had a similar instance. After playing rotationally with a bunch of other families for a while I returned to one and it instantly decided that baby was a goner because it hadn't been tended to in weeks. That doesn't always happen, but it can because everything that's not on the current lot is not fully simulated. Actually that's kind of a weak statement, truthfully everything not on the current lot is not at all simulated - some of it is "fake" simulated.

Deaderpool may be doing something about this possibly, not sure, but he's doing a lot of awesome work on story progression improvements to improve on the game's weakly simulated simulation of off-lot simulation (a tongue twister, but if you read it a few times that sentence should make sense!)
Test Subject
#85 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
No. I've considered writing a no baby snatcher mod (there was one, but I think it's not up to date) because I had a similar instance. After playing rotationally with a bunch of other families for a while I returned to one and it instantly decided that baby was a goner because it hadn't been tended to in weeks. That doesn't always happen, but it can because everything that's not on the current lot is not fully simulated. Actually that's kind of a weak statement, truthfully everything not on the current lot is not at all simulated - some of it is "fake" simulated.

Deaderpool may be doing something about this possibly, not sure, but he's doing a lot of awesome work on story progression improvements to improve on the game's weakly simulated simulation of off-lot simulation (a tongue twister, but if you read it a few times that sentence should make sense!)

Thanks for the information. That clarifies things. And thank you for this mod; it works wonderfully.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#86 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 1:09 PM
WoW you saved me
Scholar
#87 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 2:52 AM
Will it work with july 9 patch?
Deceased
Original Poster
#88 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Will it work with july 9 patch?

Checked and approved - this mod does not require any updates.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 2:26 PM
Awesome. Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#90 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 10:08 PM
Does this mod work with the new patch on 07/28/15?
Deceased
Original Poster
#91 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Etta01
Does this mod work with the new patch on 07/28/15?

Yes, it's fine. None of the XML or scripts I use changed with the latest game patch.
Deceased
Original Poster
#92 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 3:00 AM
This mod has been checked and no changes are required for the latest (August 8) game patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 4:40 AM
thanks so much for providing awesome stuff for my sim family/community, i really do appreciate the work your doing. keep it up! :)
Deceased
Original Poster
#94 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:26 AM
This mod has been checked and no changes are required for the latest (September 1, 2015) game patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 4:28 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#96 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 1:55 PM
merci! mais honnêtement, je trouve stupide le fonctionnement des bébés ds le jeu. qui a déjà vu un bébé lors de son anniversaire, sortir de on berceau et prendre 6 ou 8 ans d'un coup? il sait marcher sans jamais lui avoir appris, c'est complètement idiot; les créateurs réfléchissent-ils qq fois? donc si ds la vraie vie vs avez un bébé, il fêtera son anniversaire et aura 8 ans d'un coup!! pareil pour d'autres choses idiotes ds le jeu,MDR!! merci pour ton mod cool! ds les sims 3 les bébés, avaient leurs anniversaire mais devenaient bambins, trop chou quand il apprenait a marcher , ou parlé là c'est juste n'importe quoi ds le jeu pfff! bref bcp de pers apprécient alors pkoi pas?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 3:43 AM
Very cool! I LOVE your descriptions, I was laughing so hard my daughter stopped playing her game to see WTF... that's saying something.. lol! *Surprised they don't try putting the bottle in the wrong end* Haaa!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 8:00 PM
Thank YOU!
Field Researcher
#99 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 9:57 PM
After the Dec. 4th patch, none of my sims can use bathtubs for more than a second with this mod in the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 1:05 PM
Does this still work with dec 4th patch? I feel like the parents are acting stupid again...
Page 4 of 6