Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 1:14 PM
Default How to keep moodlets expanded?
I was just wondering if there's a mod or game tweak I can do to force the moodlets to always be expanded. I can't seem to find anything via searching. After playing a household for awhile, my sims will tend to get a lot of moodlets between work, household objects and such, and the game is overly aggressive with hiding them.

As an example, I may have a sim work hard for the day, and when they come home they are tense and have other negative moodlets going on, usually for a few hours each. They enter the house and get bombarded with positive ones but the negative ones are still there, compressed down. I like to get rid of these by having them relax and have fun in case they go somewhere without all the positive buffs around. So to see progress, I need to see the moodlets, to see the moodlets, I have to constantly keep expanding them, hence my frustration.

(As a side note I don't buy reward traits that puts it on easy mode for life management, like the never get embarrassed or tense rewards. The game is easy enough as it is.)

So if anyone knows a way to keep the moodlets expanded all the time I'd greatly appreciate it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 4:39 PM
3 years later i'm looking for something like this.i am guessing this still doesn't exist?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paeonia
3 years later i'm looking for something like this.i am guessing this still doesn't exist?

roBurky's Emotional Intertia mod. I find it works very well. Sometimes a little too well! They also have another mod that gets rid of the "Well Decorated" happiness moodlet.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GothyPanda
roBurky's Emotional Intertia mod. I find it works very well. Sometimes a little too well! They also have another mod that gets rid of the "Well Decorated" happiness moodlet.

Actually that looks like a great mod and i will be adding it to my game but, it doesn't completely do what i want.

i also want to physically stop the "icons" of the moodlets from "collapsing/minimizing/hiding" all clumped together. Like i attached a picture. i'd also like that to stop happening. i want to always see the full image of the buffs instead of the way they "minimise" after your sim has more than a few.. unless you click the little "lines" to make them expand again.

But! also i appreciate you pointing out those two mods to me. Especially the Emotional Inertia one.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 4:22 PM
I have the same problem, the moodlets collapsing faster than I can move my mouse icon over them to read or even trigger the explanation what they mean or do.

Not sure if this is like it was always supposed to be, or if it is a workaround, but I noticed, that the moodlets stay expanded if you pause the game before expanding them.
Smeg Head
#6 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Taikarath
I have the same problem, the moodlets collapsing faster than I can move my mouse icon over them to read or even trigger the explanation what they mean or do.

Not sure if this is like it was always supposed to be, or if it is a workaround, but I noticed, that the moodlets stay expanded if you pause the game before expanding them.

You are correct in pausing the game to help the issue. The game forcefully collapses the expanded list when one - or more - of the timed buffs/moodlets are about to expire. Most visible buffs have visible countdowns, though some, - including hidden timed buffs - do not display countdowns. Either way, the game gets pushy about closing the expanded list when a buff is about to expire and be removed, doing this as a kind of list reset once buff has gone. When all timed buffs still have a chunky bit of time remaining, the expanded list cooperates and stays open for as long as you like, that is until the next timed buff is nearing its expiration deadline.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots