Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:11 AM
Default Should I get this?
My main concern is if my PC can handle this exp pack.....It's a Intel core i5-4460 CPU quad core 3.20 Ghz with 8 GB ram and I don't know the name of the graphics just that it's an on board graphics card.....and the OS is windows 8

And I'm really bored with the sims right now....will this renew my interest?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:29 AM
Depends. Do you like watching snow fall from the sky and virtual people splashing in puddles? If so then it might just. Otherwise it is unlikely it will as this pack doesn't add much else besides weather and annoying half-assed holidays.

Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
What exp pack are you thinking of?

This thread is posted in the SNS section. So I'd say SNS.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#3 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Depends. Do you like watching snow fall from the sky and virtual people splashing in puddles? If so then it might just. Otherwise it is unlikely it will as this pack doesn't add much else besides weather and annoying half-assed holidays.

This thread is posted in the SNS section. So I'd say SNS.

Ooh I saw that afterwards - sorry I'm not awake yet - needs moar coffee

Yes and I agree with you - Seasons brings exactly what HarVee says and precious little else, except for leaf raking and snowman building ... and your sims changing into annoying and fugly outdoor clothing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:50 AM
lol ok....but can my PC handle it?
#5 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassandra_M
lol ok....but can my PC handle it?

Let's sit down here and wait until someone technical comes along

*shares cookie*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:53 AM
lol thanks
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 2:00 AM
It all comes down to the video subsystem. The i5 is fine, as is the amount of RAM. But if you're using the built in graphics of the Intel chip, you might run into problems. Folks have posted settings that seem to work out OK with the later Intel graphics systems, but you will have to dial back some of the visual effects. So figuring out your video system is kinda the key here.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 2:10 AM
Seasons doesn't really add anything substantial outside of festival lots and weather (not even anything to gardening!), but it helps provide a bit more background noise in your sim's day-to-day lives.

It can be a bit tedious with the whole umbrella/outer clothing swapping charade, though.
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:50 AM
My main concern is if my PC can handle this exp pack.....It's a Intel core i5-4460 CPU quad core 3.20 Ghz with 8 GB ram and I don't know the name of the graphics just that it's an on board graphics card.....and the OS is windows 8

My computer is a bit worse than yours and I managed to get to the 5th generation in my legacy(I have almsot all expntions). Now it's lagging, and I'm saving to buy more memory and a better graphic card

My simblr AsdSims
Instructor
#12 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 11:17 AM
I will say this for as limited as it is and for how much I wish they had done more with the holidays, I can't imagine playing without it. I tried but the old style world just feels dead when compared to one where it can rain, snow, and hail. It just doesn't feel alive without weather if you ask me and this is the only expansion pack where I didn't have to adjust something to get it running smoothly. You can get it cheap used in any thrift store or online so I say give it a shot. If you don't like it you can always remove it and if you buy used all you have lost is $5.
Instructor
#13 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Really? Someone disagrees that a generation 4 haswell i5 quad core can easily handle Seasons?

buncha luddites.

(off topic) now that.. really offended me

back to topic;

I don't think your PC's spec will give you any problem, even with its onboard video card, but I think Windows 8 might give you a problem just like Windows Vista did, if you decide something must go, then I would suggest that Windows 8
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 10:32 PM
I run my computer on 3 GB of RAM (Windows 7 64-bit) and it does okay, though snow and occasionally rain make it lag a bit. My computer is 5 years old.

Sometimes I'll just turn off the snow.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 10:14 PM

I used to be really bored with my sims until i got the sims 3 seasons to me i feel like i can do alot more with them now than before i got the EP & with fall & winter i just love it. it changes the game play & thats great i never really used the park until i got season & with the flower help my sims when they need money :lovestruc
dodgy builder
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 11:39 PM
Nekroed again? start a new thread instead.