Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 1:40 PM
CI packages question
I just made my first package with Clean Installer and noticed there is a Clean Installer icon instead of a sims2 icon.I also noticed that when making the package it didnt tell me what kind of format i was saving in. So after it was said and done i went into the folder to look where i save it and the above is what i found.

i did find out you have to close the program first before trying to install anything though.

so does this mean people well need to have Clean Installer in order to install the files into thier game?

bea

I am an old dog, learning new tricks!
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 2:14 PM
No, it doesn't mean that people will need Clean Installer to install it. The format is the same, sims2pack, regardless of the used program. That the Clean Installer icon show on the file just means Clean Installer is your default program for opening that kind of files. If people don't have it, then they can install the file with the Maxis installer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 9:21 PM Last edited by LadyBea34 : 27th Aug 2006 at 9:22 PM. Reason: missed something
oic thanks for you help.

by the way is it possible to make SimPE my default opener. if so any chance you or someone knows how to do that?

bea

I am an old dog, learning new tricks!
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 5:11 AM
As far as I know, SimPE won't open sims2pack files, only package files.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 5:17 AM
It can preview them. But for clean installer, right click a Sims2Pack files then Open With and Choose program. In the list that shows up, find Clean Installer, select it and select the box labeled "always use the selected program to open this kind of file." Then click OK. All Sims2Packs will now be opened with CI.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.