Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 12:46 PM Last edited by simsample : 20th Sep 2012 at 12:56 PM.
Default Custom Moon Overrides
Please post your custom moon overrides here!

For DDS IMG resources, import into your custom world using S3Pe.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: For information about Supernatural Moon phases, see this thread:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=486611
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 10:55 PM
Here are my Moon Redraws.

The first is what I like to call my Smurf Moon. A picture of which is below:

To have your very own Smurf Moon just download this RAR file.

If anyone would like to replace the moon with the Earth then I have done it for you as demonstrated below:

If anyone would like to replace the moon with Jupiter then I have done it for you as demonstrated below:

If anyone would like to replace the moon with Neptune then I have done it for you as demonstrated below:

If anyone would like to replace the moon with Titan then I have done it for you as demonstrated below:

Just download the ZIP file which consists of the following files:

Enjoy
Instructor
#3 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 6:03 AM
Do these work like Shoni's Hi-Res moon?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 1:57 PM
Similarly, but these are files that you import into your custom world so that they are only active for that world, whereas Shoni's moon is a default override that will work for all worlds (unless they have their own custom moon imported).

Shoni's goes into your Mods folder; these are imported to your custom world using S3Pe.
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 9:31 PM
Okay with S3pe, can I import it into a saved game?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 11:04 AM
You can import it into the world file of the world you are playing (backup all files before you do anything!!) but if you want to make a default override (to show in all worlds) you'd just need to import one of Jay290783's resources into a new package file, save it and pop it in your Mods folder.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 6:20 PM
I edited the moon file some time ago for a world I was making... Now I've finished the world and I thought it would be nice to share the edited moon. It's a crescent moon. The only problem is that you see the stars behind the moon, but I don't mind it... Use S3PE to import it.

The file name is: S3_00B2D882_00000000_C61E627EBFF91A92_CrescentMoon%%+_IMG

I hope you like it
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Nilxis_CrescentMoon.rar (29.5 KB, 93 downloads) - View custom content

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 11:09 PM
Lovely, Nilxis!

For information, it seems that the moon is transparent even with the default moon, but you can only really notice it if you have particularly bright stars or lots of clouds.

You can change the star brightness, moon brightness ('ManmadeLight Intensity') and clouds using the methods in this thread.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:43 PM
Default Moon from Lunar Lakes
Very big, it is
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  S3_00B2D882_00000000_C61E627EBFF91A92%%+_IMG_LLMoon.rar (95.1 KB, 195 downloads) - View custom content
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:53 PM Last edited by simsample : 20th Feb 2012 at 5:53 PM.
Is that the moon from Lunar Lakes? Lovely, thank you!

To make it large as in Lunar Lakes, you need to mod your S3_1F886EAD_00000000_5E20253AF53E517F%%+_INI.ini too:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 4:28 AM
These are lovely! I just wish I knew how to import them...

I don't use custom content in my downloads unless I believe it is really necessary.
Please do not claim my work as your own.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 5:52 PM
Elfykins, as mentioned in the first post, you just import them into your world file using S3Pe.
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 7:33 PM
NIBIRU As Moon In DIGILOOPS ISLAND

Sorry ...
Too big, too bright, too sharp ...
Maybe I am wrong in this disign,
I'll edit it again ...

And I try to upload to Share in this forum ...
^__^
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 5:58 AM
Default Full phases of a reddish moon
Did a bloodmoon recolor of the moon phase files supplied by Pyronium3

Because I have no idea how to rename a file and still have it work when importing resources, I did not change the file names at all- so be careful when you're organizing your files so you don't get them mixed up with other ones.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bakafox- Bloodmoon Phases.rar (299.7 KB, 80 downloads) - View custom content
Description: The moon phase .dds files for reddish moon.