Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 5:42 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 20th Sep 2015 at 1:54 PM.
Default [Obsolete] Ideas on fixing the black harvestables? (1.10 patch)
Note 2015-09-20: Has been fixed meanwhile, see comments.

--

I was trying to find a way to fix the black harvestables that 1.10 has produced. What I know so far:

- It seems to be only the flowers (herbs and spinach also count as flowers in the eyes of the game) that are affected, not “fruits” like onions, tomatos, strawberries etc. I haven’t really looked at trees but plantains are definitely unaffected.

- It's not in the textures or the models: overriding one of the affected harvestables with the pre-patch model/textures makes no difference

- Changing the tuning of one of the affected harvestables to the tomato tuning doesn't make a difference

- It can't really be the shader either: both tomatos and spinach (and everything else as well, as far as I've seen) are using Instanced; one is borked and the other one is not. Changing the shader to something else has only resulted in invisible (Phong, PhongAlpha) or red flashing (OutdoorProp) harvestables so far.

- Some of the fruits have different models, while others do not. Examples:

Parsley:
gardenFlowerGENParsley_01 0xC0DB5AE7-0x00000000-0x000000000000B2A6

Spinach:
gardenFlowerGENSpinach_01 0xC0DB5AE7-0x00000000-0x000000000000B961

(no "foodPalm" version, even though sims can eat raw spinach and parsley just fine)

Tomato:
foodCuttingBoardGENTomato_01 0xC0DB5AE7-0x00000000-0x0000000000002025
foodICOCuttingBoardTomatoGEN_01 0xC0DB5AE7-0x00000000-0x000000000000F70B
foodPalmGENTomato_01 0xC0DB5AE7-0x00000000-0x0000000000002370
gardenFruitGENTomato_01 0xC0DB5AE7-0x00000000-0x000000000000B500

(cutting board stuff probably doesn't matter here, but there might be something up with the additional food version .. the references between plants and fruits in the XML seem correct though)

- When telling a spinach plant to grow tomatos, the tomatos on the spinach plant will look borked (while their sisters on the tomato bush remain un-borked).

- When telling a tomato plant to grow spinach, the spinach harvestables on the tomato plant will look fine.

- Changing the rig/rslt of any flower to a custom or unchanged Maxis one (only by changing the reference, not even editing the rig/rslt itself) will make all fruits on that flower disappear. I have used custom rigs for tomatos before, that works fine both before after the patch as well .. just for flowers it does not, it appears.

- When moving around plants with the hand tool, the flowers/fruits on them look fine .. to me that also seems to indicate it's somehow related to the rigs.

- The rig/rslts themselves (at least of the herbs and spinach, 0xD5C9188ED36B339B -- the small flower ones I didn't check) have never been updated at all.

- The black fruits also look a little skewed -- it is hard to take a screenshot of that, but when hovering over the fruits on a plant, the "selected" state becomes dimly visible and that seems to be the correct, non-black, un-skewed one.

I dunno; I guess this must have something to do with how the game populates the plants with their fruits .. which works fine on the fruit plants but not on the flowers. Does anyone who might be able to figure out how that works (which most likely means: a script modder) want to take a closer look, to see if they can spot a difference?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 6:27 AM
Not much changed in the XML from July 28 to August 6, or even back to July 9. Nothing that could be even remotely related to the issue as far as I can see.

As for the scripts, the gardening component hasn't changed (that controls the slotting for flowering) and the changes to the slots code were in support of dishwashers and something to do with chairs (not sure exactly what and not at all interested in looking further into that).

My guess would be that it's something related to the slots code in the binary if we're ruling out that it's something in the object model stuff itself.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 4:43 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 11th Aug 2015 at 7:39 PM.
"In the binary" would mean we can go bug SGMS about it since we can't do anything about it ourselves, yes?

E: done -- they say they don't really know what it is either, though.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 8:33 AM
Black Harvestables/Sims 4??
I'm definitely having this black harvestables problem and I wish someone could come out with a mod to fix it on Modthesims. I know I read that when they released the patch, in the patch notes, they said they made the cereal texture more appealing, ugh..Like anyone asked them to do this. Who cares about the cereal? Obviously, who ever did it, has messed something up. It seems to me that they must of edited the graphical textures in the patch. I would love to know if someone fixes this.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 12:02 PM
This has been fixed in 1.10.63.

Quote:
Fixed an issue where produce grown from seeds appeared all black. Existing black produce will stay that way, but new plants should appear properly.

Try updating?