Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 5:02 PM
Default A couple parks I've made in my game
I made a playground for Champs les Sims that I'm thinking of calling, "Le Parque Municipale" since it's the most boring, basic park featuring a playground, football pitch, basketball court, chalk hopscotch (in NYC, we called this potsy that I think comes from Dutch and I have no idea if there's any equivalent in French), picnic pavilions with grills, and a bathroom with two all-in-ones.

Then I made a splash park in my home world that's themed around fake ruins and "medievalism". I used the ruins from Dragon Valley and put fountains in them. In the center of each "room" I placed a landscaping rock with a sprinkler in the middle with MOO. There's a ton of benches, 4 picnic tables, a grill, gardens, a playground, and a castle tree house.

I think they're nice additions to these towns, but what do you think? Should I upload them?
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 5:36 PM
I forgot to upload my Screen Shots, so now you get spammed. Here's the Parque Municipale:
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 5:37 PM
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 5:40 PM
Ruins Splash Park!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 7:26 PM
They offer all functions you would expect from small parks, plus the water games, which is a lovely addition. Other than that the Parque Municipale is very basic and offers little "for the eye", like plants or terrain work. The Ruins Splash Park looks much nicer, but with the amount of store content used I personally would not upload it, as it's not usable if someone doesn't have all these store sets. But that's my personal opinion.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 7:45 PM
Would it be more or less useful if I did a version using the AtS3 ruins and swapping out the other benches and things for base game or cc items?

My thought on the Parque Municipale is that it would be a small, well-kept park intended for the townspeople. Champs les Sims is a nice little town without any blight but also doesn't seem like they'd have more than functional interest in the parks. I could throw some boxwoods and lavender at it.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#7 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 8:17 PM
These look good and functional to me. I don't use store content in builds but that is your choice whether you do or not. There are some base playground items I see you don't have in the Parque Municipale that may be substituted for store items if you chose. I think you could achieve a close or similar look without store items for your second park by using CAS on wall textures or using terrain tools/paint to create ruins.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 9:21 PM
I'll keep playing with the splash park idea.
Theorist
#9 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 9:37 AM
Ok sorry I was out a little but read all previously said.

Le park Municipale. All is fine. Sims 4 has teatched me to place buildings according to inviroment. Try to place it at Bridgeport and will se what will happen.

Medievalish. Fine too. You can make a park of sculptures at the ruins area. Think it will suits.

Sure both need to be uploaded here at mts. About cc. Sims 3 is the most custom content friendly game. If there is a choise between ATS or Store, I prefer creator's objects, because of freeware. Between CC and noCC. Depends on situation. Fer medievalish CC version is good. For suburban one - sure noCC))

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 3:24 PM
@victor_tor Le Parque Municipale has two pieces of CC, the light posts are by Lisen here at MTS and the hopscotch is a default replacement also from here.

I'm gonna mess around with the splash park idea a little bit. I'll swap out the store benches, picnic tables and playground equipment for base game or expansion pack stuff and see how I like it.
Theorist
#11 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 4:47 PM
Oh. I am sorry. I missed the main idea that ruins is a splash park)) that way sculptures park is not much suitable. But maybe there is a reason to add kids pool with decoration edges with rocks. Or add some bordered fountains at the playground

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 4:41 AM
Hi tunafishfish!
A few thoughts: Love the splash park, it looks great! The order of what downloaders like : base game only, fewer EPs to more EPs, fewer cc to more cc, and least preferred are lots with store content and SPs.

Champs les Sims has some lovely landscaping. I would look around the town and try some plants and flowers that reference other parts of town. Functional can still be pretty.
The choice of terrain paint on the playground is good, but it is too uniform. Experiment with areas of light and dark. Use smaller brushes and lighter intensity to help vary the application.
(When you take pictures in build/buy, switch to the terrain paints category and the grid will disappear.)

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 3:27 PM
I made a pool for Egypt this weekend. Once again, my child sim had nothing to do while his sister and mother were adventuring. I used some trees from Showtime, some items from Island Paradise, and the hot tub is from the store. After neither of the kids could interact with the mini fridge, I swapped it for the cheapest full size one and added in an extra counter.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Hi tunafishfish!
A few thoughts: Love the splash park, it looks great! The order of what downloaders like : base game only, fewer EPs to more EPs, fewer cc to more cc, and least preferred are lots with store content and SPs.

Champs les Sims has some lovely landscaping. I would look around the town and try some plants and flowers that reference other parts of town. Functional can still be pretty.
The choice of terrain paint on the playground is good, but it is too uniform. Experiment with areas of light and dark. Use smaller brushes and lighter intensity to help vary the application.
(When you take pictures in build/buy, switch to the terrain paints category and the grid will disappear.)

I'm not playing in my homeworld right now, so I can't easily make changes to that lot, but I'll work on it once they return. I'm really happy with the layout of the splash area, so I'm loathe to mess with it. I'm happy to swap out playground equipment and other objects though.

I threw some bushes and flowers at the Parque Municipale and it's looking prettier. I have some default replacement plants in my computer right now, so things will look a little different.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 3:03 AM
I love the Splash Park the way it is. I was speaking to Norn's point about whether people will download a lot based on objects from the store- maybe? but fewer than if it was EP or even cc objects. So that is for you to decide. If you aren't uploading, do whatever you want.

I think the playground looks lovely with the new landscaping!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 4:34 AM
I think I'm going to try and upload all 3 of these lots and probably a China playground sometime soon. I feel like there should be something to do for the sims that aren't adventuring besides hang around base camp or the market place.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 2:20 AM
I submitted the splash park tonight. I am alternating between high hopes and certainty that it will be rejected. Wish me luck!
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 7:58 PM
The Ruins Splash Park has been accepted to the site!