Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 1:01 PM
Hi,

@snrubsy
Did you place the files of "sims3 object inport by Wesley" application in the same folder than Milkshape (an not in an other folder in the Milkshape folder).
To me, all the files were in different folders on the beginning. Therefore i couldn't see them in Milkshape.

I hope, I Helped you.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 1:01 PM
Hi,

@snrubsy
Did you place the files of "sims3 object inport by Wesley" application in the same folder than Milkshape (an not in an other folder in the Milkshape folder).
To me, all the files were in different folders on the beginning. Therefore i couldn't see them in Milkshape.

I hope, I Helped you.
Test Subject
#78 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 2:12 PM
Thats it, thanks. i am such an eejit.
Test Subject
#79 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 3:30 PM
to misukisu. how did you use sketchup. i am much more familiar with sketchup, and ould prefer to use it for moddle building. But how did you do this? I am very interested.!!!!!
Test Subject
#80 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 5:22 PM
Hi, I used this tutorial but I have a problem, after I extract the 3 files and 1 MLOD and MODL, and use object tools to decompile files, I create only one file MCFG, MLOD from the first file, and the other lets the same, and ' right?? since when do the changes with MilkShape and I created my objectc, I replaced it with the original, what should I do?? I read that I must use the new tool but I must object again decompile or recompile ? why do I decompile and after I followed all the tutorials in the game can not find my item changed (and that a chair) .. Sorry for my English ....thanks
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by snrubsy
to misukisu. how did you use sketchup. i am much more familiar with sketchup, and ould prefer to use it for moddle building. But how did you do this? I am very interested.!!!!!

The professional version offers export to .3ds and many other formats, but I assume you do not have it.

One option is to prepare your models and download the demo of the sketchup pro. It allows 8 hours full usage and that's a lot of time to convert models.

If you have used also that up and do not wish to go for professional, the FBX-converter can convert the google earth files into 3ds, instructions here: http://forums.devshed.com/game-deve...dst-519710.html
Prepare to tweak the model in the MilkShape though.

The MilkShape has by default the plugin for opening the 3ds models, it can be found from the same import menu as Wes' plugin.
Instructor
#82 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 2:51 PM
Milkshape isnt very userfriendly... Im used to Metasequoia - for Custom Tomb Raider levels. (Also free)

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Test Subject
#83 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 2:47 AM
My .dll files are in my MS folder but I still do not see “Sims 3 Object Import by Wesley Howe” when I click 'file>import'. I see different options but not this ?!? I am using MS3d v. 1.6.6 & the lastest Object Tools; could this be the problem?

I SO want to do this, but I'm stuck . . .
Test Subject
#84 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 3:05 AM
Okay ... just to expound in hopes that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong ...

These are the files from "MTS_WesHowe_984185_S3ObjTool.rar"
license.txt
msS3Objexp.dll
msS3Objimp.dll
MtlSrcFmt.txt
S3AscFormat.txt
S3ModelTool.txt
S3ObjTool.exe

So, not only have I placed just the .dll files in this folder:
C:\Program Files\MilkShape 3D 1.6.6
But now I have put ALL the above files in this folder. Still cannot see :Sims 3 Object Import ..."
Then, I went one step further and put ALL these files in the ALL the sub-folders of C:\Program Files\MilkShape 3D 1.6.6 as well ... Still nothing :o(.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#85 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xerendipity
Still cannot see :Sims 3 Object Import ..."

Did you scroll all the way down the list of plugins in Milkshape? It appears close to last in mine...

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#86 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 4:15 AM
So, not only have I placed just the .dll files in this folder:
C:\Program Files\MilkShape 3D 1.6.6
But now I have put ALL the above files in this folder. Still cannot see :Sims 3 Object Import ..."

You won't get those plugins to work with a version older than MilkShape 1.7.8.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#87 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 4:18 AM
Yeay! Texas! Houston, here.

Thanks all. I just paid for the new version and I am tapping my fingers waiting for my registration code as my trial had expired.
Test Subject
#88 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 4:53 AM
Okay, so while I in no way expect anyone to hold my hand at this, I am however stuck at: Step 4:
" ... make sure that the main mesh you make is labelled “group00” in the groups tab"

Yes, for the object I chose I exported four files; then according to directions I separated them into their own folders and ran Wes's Object Tool and now an .mcfg file exists in each folder. So, continuing into MS3D, do I choose just ONE mcfg file (the one with a 00 Group number) or all of them (remember there are four - one in each different folder). Do I continue on to the next step of the tutorial and save one by one? But, only one has a Group00 number so is this the only one I should work with, and if so, why reference the others? So confused ... sorry - my first time doing this.

Lastly: "Now do your meshing stuff until you are finished up (you also need to map your object before exporting it back to an mcfg)". What does this mean? Is there a separate tutorial to go over the steps required to do this?

Many thanks, and once I get the hang of this if you are interested in translating your tutorials or anything else into Spanish and/or Portuguese, let me know.
~Xer.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#89 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 5:50 AM
" ... make sure that the main mesh you make is labelled “group00” in the groups tab"

Yes, for the object I chose I exported four files; then according to directions I separated them into their own folders and ran Wes's Object Tool and now an .mcfg file exists in each folder. So, continuing into MS3D, do I choose just ONE mcfg file (the one with a 00 Group number) or all of them (remember there are four - one in each different folder). Do I continue on to the next step of the tutorial and save one by one?

You have to modify each .mcfg individually. You import a .mcfg, then make YOUR mesh and name it the same as the original, then delete the original (in each of the four files.)

As for the meshing stuff:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Meshing_Part_I

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Meshing_Part_II

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...eshing_Part_III

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Meshing_Part_IV

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#90 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 5:59 AM
Hi,

@xerendipity
I just tried it yesterday and I had the same question.
So it worked like that :
- I import in Milkshape the file .mcfg whose the most complete is. (Group00)
- I modify or create the mesh.
- I export this file with the same name.
- Then I import each other file (they contains mostly other parts of the object like the shadow).
- I delete the content of each other file and keep only the mesh I've created.
- I export each file with the same name of each other files
- So I have the same mesh at the end in each file (in the 4 files), with 4 different names if needed. (it depends on the number of the files of the game's object.
- Then I recompile each file with Wes Tool S3 object and import the .lod or.modl files in S3PE.
- And then I save as .package. It'll be the file for the game. You have to set it in your Mods folder.
I hope I helped you a little bit.
Test Subject
#91 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 6:34 AM
Thank you cmomoney & Anouschka! (And of course Wes). I have been trying to figure it out, but I think I am going to start at the beginning again - lol.

Thanks again for all the kind assistance and information!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#92 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 4:05 PM
VoiceIHear: It seems from you pic that you have skipped the part in step 2 that says "In the row of tick boxes at the bottom of the window select 'Sort', then go back to the top left window and click the 'Tag' button to sort your files in order of their tag names." Do this and you be able to see what you need to export better.

xerendipity: In the first (0x00000000).mcfg there are two groups: group00 and group01. One of them is square under the object. It sounds like you deleted both of them instead of just the object mesh. Just try it again and delete the object mesh only. Hope that helps

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#93 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 4:18 PM Last edited by xerendipity : 5th Sep 2009 at 5:43 PM.
Thanks cmomoney! I try to delete my questions as I figure them out ... and think I'm over that one, but when saving now I get something like 'no bone assignment. Proceed?'. In order to continue to walk through the process and continue, I just ignored it and proceeded. Right now I'm at the stage of 'fixing' in SC03 and after that ... well hopefully being able to see my new sofa in my game! Wish ... me ... luck! And thank you for all your help. It's really great that this community is so giving of thier time and effort and 'brain sparks'

***EDIT***

Yeay! Yeay! Yeay! My sofa looks like absolute garbage; just about as ugly as on object can get ... and yet my Sim was able to use it without my game crashing

Back to the drawing board now, but with a little more confidence.

Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 10:34 PM
Uhmm, I can't find the modlc. I have looked in my S3Object tool folder and it's not there. I also can not find a seperate download for it. Please help?
Alchemist
#95 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 11:48 PM
ok, i'm lost on step 3. I put the .dll's in the folder so it shows up in milkshape, but what do i do from there. When i go file>import the files that i exported from SimPE don't show up(i'm assuming this is because its a different file format). Am i meant to modify the files (to make them compatible or something) before i try to import them, or have i just done something wrong?
Sorry guys, i'm a complete noob at this ... i'm gunna give up soon

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VoiceIHear
ok, i'm lost on step 3. I put the .dll's in the folder so it shows up in milkshape, but what do i do from there. When i go file>import the files that i exported from SimPE don't show up(i'm assuming this is because its a different file format). Am i meant to modify the files (to make them compatible or something) before i try to import them, or have i just done something wrong?
Sorry guys, i'm a complete noob at this ... i'm gunna give up soon

What you need to do is open the Object Tool. Click Decompile, and find each MODL/LOD file.
EDIT: Once you've clicked the file and get the "No Errors" message, go on to the next one.

Quote: Originally posted by hisui_hana
Uhmm, I can't find the modlc. I have looked in my S3Object tool folder and it's not there. I also can not find a seperate download for it. Please help?

Do the same as I said above.
Test Subject
#97 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:37 AM
Me again ...!

One of my clones (different legs, no arms, new material) - I am so happy!

However ... I have ONE more question please!

Are the only things we can clone the ones under 'legacy'? Is there a tutorial that shows how to pick up the store objects? I did it this morning with the Romantique bed here:

but then I wanted to do another one and I am getting an error message in S3OC of: "Exception has been thrown by object of invocation ..." I can see everything fine in S3PE and in MS3D, but upon finishing/fixing, I get this. It is as if it does not have any of the room flags, etc. How would you save a new object - I guess I could do it like that. Is there a tutorial?

Thank you for all the help!

(Lol - I just got home from a function and all I could think of while there, were my little objects waiting for me)!!! :P
Alchemist
#98 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hisui_hana

modld and lodlc are no longer separate programs, they are part of the ObjTool iteslf, and execute when Decompile and Recompile are clicked on.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Alchemist
#99 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RiBlan
What you need to do is open the Object Tool. Click Decompile, and find each MODL/LOD file.
EDIT: Once you've clicked the file and get the "No Errors" message, go on to the next one.

Haha, thanks Ri. ... God i'm an idiot, i don't know how i didn't figure that out :P

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Eminence Grise
#100 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 1:26 AM
Are the only things we can clone the ones under 'legacy'? Is there a tutorial that shows how to pick up the store objects?

We don't support modding of store meshes here, because distributing such mods involves intellectual property issues.
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: Outdated ... Please see wiki for more up-to-date tutorial
Page 4 of 8