Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:29 PM
I'm sure that's really all it's going to take to figure it out is comparing to something that has four already. The problem is there's 4, so that's a lot of typecodes to compare, change, and test. And that's if that's all there is to change.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#27 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
I'm sure that's really all it's going to take to figure it out is comparing to something that has four already

Just from looking at things in-game, I believe a good "something" in this case might be all of the doors and most of the windows – they seem to have four patterns that are wood, with HSV and overlays and speculars and everything. Many other objects seem to have a 3rd or 4th channel that's just a solid colour, so there would be more to change.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 12:25 PM
Hi! Now I had my school finished, I would like to try something again

Has anyone still covered how to enable the fourth channel? I would like to try to make a painting with four channels (cloning a three channel painting). Or if someone does have an idea, if any painting already has four channels available, that would be much appreciated.
Alchemist
#29 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 12:51 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has figured out how to enable the fourth channel yet, or if they have, I don't think they've posted about it here.
Test Subject
#30 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 1:09 PM
Oh, I think I will postpone my project since it really really needs all four channels. Thanks for your answer orangemittens, you are always here to help me
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#31 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 2:36 PM
Alchemist
#32 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:02 PM
Hah...it looks like that information is hot off the presses...lol. I could swear the Wiki didn't say that before Thanks for the update This is good news.
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:11 PM
hmm, I thout Cmomoney said in the previous page already that the typecode is 0x11, but I understood that it doesn't work and need more stuff to be placed.
Though I'm glad to hear if enabling 0x11 is all we need after all
Alchemist
#34 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:26 PM
Hmm...that's what I took it to mean. Is it enable-able now HL or did I jump to a conclusion there. :P
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:40 PM Last edited by matrixx : 13th Jun 2010 at 3:51 PM.
Of course I could test and see if I manage to pull it off. Do you have any suggestions of what painting I could clone, since I'm not still able to get a permission to clone the painting in this ATS3 Wolff living room set ( http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objec...living_01.shtml ) which would have already three channels. I was going to make a painting which is one wall width and would have 2 x 2 self paintable boxes

Actually got the answer that it could be done using any painting (just went to junk mail and had to dig it up from there), anyways, I'll be trying this out now
Alchemist
#36 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:49 PM
If you do test I hope you'll post your findings

If you're planning a big painting maybe the widest of EA's paintings would be the way to go since the footprint would be the closest to what you want? Or are you more concerned about it having channels already? I'm sorry...I guess I don't understand the question...lol.
Test Subject
#37 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:53 PM
Actually it's going to be rather small (one wall width), but I was planning to break the mesh to four box shaped pieces. Yes, more worried about the channels, but if it doesn't matter which painting I clone, I'll take some one wall width wide landscape.
Sure if I come up with something, I'll tell you, and even upload it if it turns out well
Alchemist
#38 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:03 PM
Sorry...I totally misunderstood you...me bad. To me, the hardest thing to change about a painting is the footprint. So if you want a one tile my advice is pick any EA one-tile that has a recolorable channel. Adding the other two shouldn't be hard. I don't know if the fourth can be added...I've never seen anyone do it.
Test Subject
#39 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 5:35 PM Last edited by matrixx : 13th Jun 2010 at 6:00 PM.
Tough luck for me.. I apparently chose a wrong object to clone after all. I took the "ModernPainting" which has all shades of purple in it. When I deleted the old painting in Milkshape, replaced it with my painting mesh, and tried to export it with wes's plugin, it gave me: ERR: Defined bone [0] "0xCD68F001" not located in model.
Does this mean that the original painting had some action going on, which would have been needed to preserve, in order to export the file successfully? (I don't know anything about bones.. thus the confusion)

Edit: Yey, I had better luck with the granny painting (the one with the sunflowers, just like from your grandma's house). Note to self (and others also): you might not want to select the purple colored painting for clone, if you don't know anything about bones, the sunflowers didn't have similar problem. Project is on again
Test Subject
#40 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:12 PM
Ok, the product is in the game, here are the findings I made:
The mesh turned out well as usual, but anything else doesn't work.
The texture is visible in the painting instead of any pattern (I don't know how I messed up, I should have read some tutorial of how to change textured part to recolourable).
Anyway, in Create a style, Only three patters where enabled, not four :/
This gives me conclusion that something else has to do than add ControlType 0x11 and enable it (and add orange colored parts to rgb map).
I think I leave this to experts and try something with three colors instead
Alchemist
#41 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:22 PM
The modern painting works fine as a clone, it was the first one I ever cloned too Somehow when you deleted the model you also deleted the joint most likely and that's why you got that error.

You are assigning joints before you export your object right?

Was the joint there when you tried to assign it for the Modern Painting?

The paintings have that alpha mask part...did you change that part?
Test Subject
#42 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:36 PM
Ah, the purple painting hazzle was apparently some stupid mistake when I tried to assign joints.

I changed the alpha mask all white, ah yes.. probably it should be black, cause the mask is for the texture, not the pattern.. I got it

I tried to fiddle around adding more D-pattern related controlTypes, but now my object is so messed up, it doesn't get loaded by the game.
I'll try to look if I find some object which have four colors, and try to see what else I must change in my object to get the fourth channel enabled.

Though I said a while ago that I'll leave this to experts, I just can't get my hands off it :D
Alchemist
#43 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:39 PM
If you can find some other wall item with four recolorable channels it might be easier to go at it that way.

Assigning joints in MS is easy. In the joints tab just click the SelUnassigned button and then click assign.
Test Subject
#44 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:42 PM
I thought I did just like you said, but for some reason it apparently failed. Well, I'll keep on investigating
Alchemist
#45 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:51 PM
No...the error you got wasn't because you didn't assign joints correctly. It's because you somehow deleted the joint itself. The plugin looked for the joint, didn't find one, and let you know it was missing.
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:14 PM
I tried assigning my object with similar control types than of traditional desk (the 900 simeleon desk), but no luck. This time the object is visible in the game, but no visible changes there.
I seem to have even problems with the B and C pattern. When I apply B or C in Create a Style, they don't appear in the object. Only pattern applied to object is A.
Though I'm sure I've UV-mapped my object (and changed the corresponding rgb and alpha) it still seems to behave like it has only one channel (red).
I think it's sleep time for me, as one's have to go to work tomorrow :/
Alchemist
#47 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:40 PM
Are you sure you have the right dds for the RGB IMG? Someone else had a similar issue and it turned out he was using the wrong dds. Did you unclick the default thing when cloning?
Test Subject
#48 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:46 PM
oh orangemittens, you are a genius! That was it! Now I can see the patterns distributed to different channels. Though, still no fourth channel
Test Subject
#49 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 6:54 AM
Default Found a little bit of interesting info...
In regards to the alpha channel... I saw that you stated to select numbers 0x34 and 0x35 to enable channel b and channel c... been searching for a while and i found this string table... http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...rce/StringTable it mentions 51 to enable channel d but not much else... hope this helps a little... cheers
Test Subject
#50 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 11:55 PM
Stuck at Step 4.No matter which object I pick I dont see "TypeCodes" anywhere. :/
Page 2 of 3