Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 3:50 PM Last edited by INaBox13 : 31st Mar 2010 at 4:34 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default WCIF this?
I don't think I'm posting in the right area but I don't know where else to post.

I'm confused about one thing on how to install CC. I have read the Help thing twice now and I'm lost. I downloaded the MonkeyBars and I have the Mods/Packages folder, but where do I find the Resource.cfg file?
I'm having a problem with that and there seems to be no where else to find it out. :s
I've already looked in my game and I realize that the CC shows up with the regular stuff but there's nothing there but the stuff that came with it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 4:05 PM
MATY has the framework too.

How to install framework

You do not need the awesome mod, just the framework.

How to install the mods
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 4:03 PM
Thank you, I'll try this.
Instructor
#4 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 4:07 PM
Welcome
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 4:28 PM
One other thing I am finding now. (It's not working.) I don't have a Game/Bin folder, unless it is under a different name. I don't know what to do now. Any help?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 4:38 PM
Help please!?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 5:03 PM
You do have a Game\Bin folder or your game wouldn't work. You're probably looking in My Documents, not Program Files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 5:04 PM
Ohhh, ok. I found it but it already has the same file in it. Do I just put another one in there?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 4:40 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 3.

Game_Help:TS3_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing .package and sims3packs.
See the Install .package section.
If you have already used Monkeybars, the framework is all done for you, you don't need to mess about with the framework stuff anymore.

You just need a piece of CC item to test with. What are you trying to install? Objects or mods or CAS stuff?

After each reinstall or patch, I always test with (both available under Downloads here)
1. Rick's nointro and
2. for in-game testing I use HP's nobuildsparkes for the Build mode,
to verify if my framework is working.

If video plays - framework install failure.
Remove: see post#6 in this thread and try again.

If no video plays - framework is fine, then I test in-game Build mode by putting in a wall.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.