Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2011 at 8:40 PM
Clean Installer Error ...oh no
So I've been using the Clean Installer on my laptop, which runs Windows Vista with no problems or errors of any kind. Upon installing the Clean Installer to my desktop ((which is running Windows 7, 64x)) I repeatedly get the same error message that Clean Installer has stopped running and that Windows was searching for a solution. Every time though, no solution is found and the program won't open. I've been working with the moderator who oversees Clean Installer and together, we couldn't find a route that led to the Installer working. I've tried the regular version, and the no install version, making sure to extract the program both times, and it all leads to the same error message and the program not running. Is there anyone out there who has the same operating system that could help me install Clean Installer to my desktop? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th May 2011 at 10:04 PM
Just FYI: I'm not a moderator, just a creator.

Some new ideas: Are you running as an administrator? If not, please try that. Do you have any anti-virus software running? If so, perhaps you could turn it off until the Clean Installer is properly installed. Are you running anything else on your machine while you are attempting to install the Clean Installer? If so, please shut down everything else and try again.

Could you please list the exact steps that you followed when trying to use the no-install version of the Clean Installer? For example, where are you extracting the files? We'll need the full path. The more details that we have, the more likely that we'll be able to help you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2011 at 1:47 PM
Sorry about the title mix-up!

I AM running as an administrator, and I DO have anti-virus software running. I'll try re-installing with it turned off. Usually, when I'm installing CleanInstaller, I'm only running the internet, and MAYBE Photoshop ((i've got a bad habit of multi-tasking)). And the extraction path... I usually will click on the download, which will open the .zip file in WinZip. I then click on the install application folder and it starts the install process ((which only takes about 3 or 4 seconds. Afterwards, I'll leave the selection "Run Program" checked and that's usually when I get the error message that the program has stopped running. I've also tried extracting all of the files to a "Clean Installer" folder that I've created in the program files, and THEN installing the program, but with the same error message resulting. I will still try to install the program without my anti-virus running to see if that helps.
Site Helper
#4 Old 25th May 2011 at 10:55 PM
I don't understand what you mean by "I then click on the install application folder and it starts the install process" or "I'll leave the selection 'Run Program' checked".

A couple of screenshots would probably help.