Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Erisa : 3rd Jan 2020 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Marking as resolved
Default [Resolved] My Custom Career Not Displayed In Game
Greetings. I am trying to create a custom career from an EA career's xml I extracted.
So I modified all the parts which mention the EA career and replaced with new instance IDs.

career_Adult_Dreamer has 810CDC885C6C36C7 as instance ID and so on for the other files. I think the reference ID is 9299049808837490375? I use 64 bit for the instance IDs and the reference IDs of all the files I am modifying. Hopefully I do it right.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="Career" i="career" m="careers.career_tuning" n="career_Adult_Dreamer" s="9299049808837490375">
  <T n="available_for_club_criteria">True</T>
  <T n="career_affordance">11446550776673679411<!--si_Career_Dreamer--></T>
  <L n="career_availablity_tests">
    <L>
      <V t="sim_info">
        <U n="sim_info">
          <V n="ages" t="specified">
            <L n="specified">
              <E>YOUNGADULT</E>
              <E>ADULT</E>
              <E>ELDER</E>
            </L>
          </V>
        </U>
      </V>
    </L>
  </L>

Problem is that since I changed s="9299049808837490375" the career doesn't show up anymore. Before, it was showing with the data of the EA career I am using as base. It is still in testing. I have not finished, and I am not sure I got all the files yet.

So those are the categories of files I am editing from EA career's xml I extracted:
  • ActionTuning
  • AspirationTuning
  • CareerLevelTuning
  • CareerTrackTuning
  • CareerTuning
  • DramaNodeTuning
  • InteractionTuning
  • ObjectiveTuning
  • RewardTuning
  • SituationGoalTuning
  • StatisticTuning
Each of them have their own instance ID and reference ID. I didn't touch any aspiration or trait, I just modified the part which pointed to the EA career like this:
Code:
<V t="career">
      <U n="career">
        <V n="test_type" t="career_track">
          <U n="career_track">
            <T n="career_track">17815961256352929167<!--Dreamer_Track1_Sandman--></T>
          </U>
        </V>
      </U>
    </V>

I don't know if I am missing something or if I added useless categories. Also, I don't know where I broke it. I am following the EA modding guide about how to hash files properly and random guides I could get a hand on. The tool I use is Sims4Studio. I am still collecting all the strings to put in a STBL file but I want to finish all the editing first.

Any guidance would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 11:43 PM
Careers need to be injected and is the reason why we have Neia's tool, which unfortunately is closed until she can come back. I don't think the XML injector can do it for you, so you'll need to use Mod Constructor instead.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 8:40 AM
Thank you for your reply!

I see, so I need to create a custom career via mod constructor then.
It looks very tricky. I will do my best.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 10:43 PM Last edited by Erisa : 3rd Jan 2020 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Fixing a typo
Ah, greetings again. I could create my custom career with the mod constructor and it works! Thanks again for the guidance!