Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 5:35 PM
Default Tuatha Dé Danaan: battle of the Fae (apps open)

The time for the feast of the druids is near and the Queen of the Unseelie court is going to try to over thrown the Seelie Queen and court and try to open the realms of the fae. If it is done, the faes realms and the monsters in it would be unleashed in to the world of humans. If that was to happen human kind is going to be demolished. Not one left. The Unseelie court hates humans. Thought they are to be destroyed. The fae are the ones that came to the human world. There own world had been destroyed many of thousands of years before and came to earth to seek a new home. Which didnt work well. The Tuatha Dé Danaans are far more adavanced than humans and so beautiful the humans were falling on there kness for them. They were fear. There warriors were big brutes. The fae males starting laying with human females and killing them. That is when humans started retaliating. Tuatha Dé Danaans had to make a realm for them selves and hide. Which infurated some fae. Making a Seelie and an Unseelie court. A light and dark.
The Tuatha Dé Danaan had to make a pack with the druids to keep the realms seperate. Every one hundred years on samhained the druids are to feast and have a ceramony. If it isnt done, the portals would be open unleashing hell on earth. A protection was put over the druids and their castle in the human world by the Queen of the Seelie court. No one of the Unseelie court could enter. The only way to get to the druids is for the queen of the seelie court to be over powered and made to take the spell off the lands.

The Tuatha Dé Danaan have done well consealing themselves from human eyes. Using their glamour in the humans realm, they are unseen by humans, well most any way. A few humans are an exseption. Sidhe-seers, they are called. They are immune to the faes power. They are different though. Some sidhe-seers could only see them. Others can see portals between worlds and some even have powers themselves. A Null. They can freeze a fae with the touch of their hand.

The fae are to believe there are no sidhe-seers left. After the realms were developed and fae found out some humans were immune to their powers, Royal Hunters were made to kill them. Now it isnt practied anymore.Royal Hunters were cast to their own realm along with the Unseelie court. Even though the sidhe-seers wouldnt know it was even if there were some alive.
All of this took place before the queens of todays court were born. They are the oldest of their species. They are both 20,000 years old. They are twins. There father was a king the the Unseelie court and Mother The Queen of the Seelie court. It is very unusual for a fae to get pregnant. But their mother did, and with twins, which was had never happened before. Amaranth now Queen of the Unseelie court, went with their father. Aiobheal, Queen of the Seelie court went with their mother. Their parents eventually detroyed each other. The light and the dark are powerful. No one has more power than the other, so naturally they were both destroyed in struggle.

So that is the basic story of the Tuatha Dé Danaan.

I have some defintions below:

The Cuff of Cruce: A gold and silver arm cuff set with blood-red stones; an ancient Fae relic that supposedly permits the human wearing it a "shield of sorts against many Unseelie and other...unsavory things"

Druid: In pre-Christian Celtic society, a Druid presided over divine worship, legislative and judicial matters, philosophy, and education of elite youth to their order. Druids were believed to be privy to the secrets of the gods, including issues pertaining to the manipulation of physical matter, space and even time. The old Irish "Drui" means magician, wizard, diviner.

Dark Zone : an area that has been taken over by the Shades. During the day it looks like your everyday abandoned, rundown neighborhood. Once night falls, it's a death-trap.

Fae : (fay) see also Tuatha Dé Danaan. Divided into two courts, the Seelie or Light Court, and the Unseelie or Dark Court. Both courts have different castes of Fae, with the four Royal Houses occupying the highest caste of each. The Seelie Queen and her chosen consort rule the Light Court. The Unseelie Queen and his current concubine govern the Dark.

Glamour : illusion cast by the Fae to camouflage their true appearance. The more powerful the Fae, the more difficult it is to penetrate its disguise. The average human sees only what the Fae wants them to see, and is subtly repelled from bumping into or brushing against it by a small perimeter of spatial distortion that is part of the Fae glamour.

Gray Man , the : monstrously ugly, leprous Unseelie that feeds by stealing beauty from human women. Threat assessment: can kill, but prefers to leave its victim hideously disfigured, and alive to suffer.

Hallows : eight ancient relics of immense power: four light and four dark. The Light Hallows are the stone, the spear, the sword and the cauldron. The Dark are the mirror, the box, the amulet and the book

Many-Mouthed Thing, the : repulsive Unseelie with myriad leechlike mouths, dozens of eyes. Caste of Unseelie: unknown at this time. Threat assessment: unknown at this time but suspect kills in a manner I'd rather not think about.

Null : A sidhe-seer with the power to freeze a Fae with the touch of his or her hands. The higher and more powerful the caste of Fae, the shorter the length of time it stays frozen.

Royal Hunters : a mid-level caste of Unseelie. Militantly sentient, they resemble the classic depiction of the devil, with cloven hooves, horns, long, satyr-like faces, leathery wings, fiery orange eyes, and tails. Seven to ten feet tall, they are capable of extraordinary speed on both hoof and wing. Primary function: sidhe-seer exterminators. Threat assessment: kills.

Rhino-Boys : lower mid-level caste Unseelie thugs dispatched primarily as watchdogs for high-ranking Fae.

Seelie : the "light" or "fairer court of the Tuatha Dé Danaan governed by the Seelie Queen, Aoibheal.

Shades : One of the lowest castes of Unseelie. Sentient but barely. They hunger--they feed. They cannot bear direct light and hunt only at night. They steal life in the manner the Gray Man steals beauty, draining their victims with vampiric swiftness, leaving behind a pile of clothing and a husk of dehydrated human matter. Threat assessment: kills.

Sidhe-seer : (SHE-seer) A person Fae magic doesn't work on, capable of seeing past the illusions or "glamour" cast by the Fae to the true nature that lies beneath. Some can also see Tabh'rs , hidden portals between realms. Others can sense Seelie and Unseelie objects of power. Each sidhe-seer is different, with varying degrees of resistance to the Fae. Some are limited, some are advanced with multiple "special powers."

Sifting: Fae method of locomotion, occurs at speed of thought.

Sinsar Dubh : (she-suh-DOO or shi-sadu): a Dark Hallow belonging to the Tuatha Dé Danaan. Written in a language known only to the most ancient if their kind, it is said to hold the deadliest of all magic within its encrypted pages. Brought to Ireland by the Tuatha Dé during the invasions written of in the pseudo-history Leabhar Gabhåla, it was stolen along with the other dark hallows, and rumored to have found its way into the world of Man. Allegedly authored over a million years ago by the Dark King of the Unseelie.

Spear of Luisne : (Spear of Lish-na) (a.k.a. Spear of Luin [Loo-in], Spear of Longinus, Spear of Destiny, the Flaming Spear) the sword used to pierce Jesus Christ's side at his crucifixion. Not of human origin; it is a Tuatha Dé Danaan Light Hallow, and one of few items capable of killing a Fae--regardless of rank or power.

Tabh'rs : (TAH-vr) Fae doorways or portals between realms, often hidden in everyday human objects.

Tuatha Dé Danaan or Tuatha Dé : (TUA day dhanna or Tua DAY) (See Fae above) A highly advanced race that came to Earth from another world.

Unseelie : the "dark" court of the Tuatha Dé Danaan. According to Tuatha Dé Danaan legend, the Unseelie have been confined for hundreds of thousands of years in an inescapable prison. Inescapable, my ass.

I dont take credit for these defintions. They are off the website of Karen Marie Moning. Even though some of theses things might not be used in the rp, I wanted you to get an idea of everything that goes on. Such as the monsters that would be released on earth. In the defintion of the Unseelie court, it says they are imprisioned. The Queen of the Seelie court doesnt know they have found a way to get out. That means Unseelies need to keep a low profile. Seelie faes wont know what an Unseelie would look like. They wounld not be able to tell the difference.

Fae have powers, as you have discovered. They can sift between places and read into human minds. Glamour is another power. And of course they are immortal. Not many things can kill them. Fae are suppose to be absoulutely gorgeous creatures. The have a "apeal" to humans. Now with that being said as far as intercourse between human and fae, it is dangerous. A human can be killed from doing "it" with a fae. They are too potient, if a fea isnt careful. Okay enough on that topic.

Sidhe-seers. You are not suppose to make yourself known to fae. You are the very few humans so can see them. You have immunity to the glamour power. Also your powers very. Since power is rare in a sidhe-seer only a few wil get them. You will only get one power. After you all sign up, I or Geeway will do a radom on who gets special powers. One will get the ability to freeze a fae with the touch of their hand, another will be able to see portals between the realms. Be carefuil who you talk to. If you are discvered by a fae and they decide to turn you in to their queen you are to believe a Royual Hunter will be relashed on you. You do not know that it isnt practiced in the Seelie court anymore. As far as the Unseelie court, It is whatever the queen decides to do with you. If you prove valuable to the war, you might be spared. It is up to the fae to decided if they turn you in or not.

If a fae is to cause trouble they are to be brought to the queen of their court. The punishment varies. You can be banished from the fae realm and stripped of your powers, which is reversable or be turned human, which is unreversable. Or if you show remorse to might get a smack on the wrist. It depends on our moods at the time. Also in the possetion of the Seelie Queen, is a lixure. It can turn a human immortal. With the cost of your soul. Humans have a golden glow around them tha fae see. It is fromt heir soul. If the lixure is taken, that glow of your souls will fade. And if the lixure is stolen and given to a human, Aiobheal is going to be beyond irate.

When the battle comes, I am going to let you decide on how to do this. The choices are you either pm me on a vote of who you think should go, and the one who gets the most vote will die, or Geeway or me will do a randomizer and whoever get picks, dies. Your chioce just tell me in your application on which one you choice, and of course the most votes wins. If this rp goes well and you all like it, I will make it a freeform after this.

The Queens will have 2 advisors. They will be the ones to tell us if they see anything suspicious and if something is done in the human realm we would not approve of. It is first come, first serve. You can have two characters but they can not be of the same court or two sidhe-seers. I am letting this because I know there are a lot of rp going on now.

Rules:
1. Follow forum rules
2. Must be an adult
3. I would prefer the pitures to be sim, but it isnt required

On your appplication for fae, you will need the following:
Name:
Breif Bio:
and a picture of you that is full body. You can also have a closer picture of your face if you want.

A sidhe-seer you will need the following:
Name:
and a picture of full body. You can also have a closer up picture if you want.

If you have any questions, just ask. Me or Geeway will be happy to answer any questions. And as far as avatars, I will look into it. If either Geeway or I, or we both decide to do it, then it will get done. I or Geeway will out them up as we do them.

Seelie Court Advisors

Seelie Court
1.lyrah Isreal-heil -Noir

Unseelie Court Advisors

Unseelie Court

Sidh-seers
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 5:44 PM
Name : Aoibheal (Queen fo Seelie court)
Age 20,000 years old
court:Seelie
Breif bio: Aioheal is the queen of the Seelie court and has been since the death of her mother. Her twin sister is the Queen of the Unseelie court. She ususally stays in the Unseelie realm. Not often does she go to the human realm, but on occasion she does. Aoibheal is quick timpered and does not liked to be undermined. She is fair in judgment, but she shouldnt be be made mad. She doesnt miss her sister and has never seen her either.

#3 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 5:52 PM
Name: Amaranth (Queen of Unseelie Court)
Court: Unseelie
Breif Bio: Amaranth was taken by her father when she was born, and was raised following in his footsteps. She sometime travels to the Human Realm to cause some craziness, and even though she has never seen her sister, she hates her. She has an extremely short fuse, and will obliviate the closet thing or person nearest to her when she is really angry.
Pic:
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 6:01 PM
So should we be trying to find one or all of the Hallows and use them to fight?
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 6:05 PM
the point is the unseelies are trying to over thrown the seelie queen so they can open up the realms and live back into the human one and destoy all the humans. You can try to find the hallows if you wish some are in the human world while some are in the hands of the fae. the hallows can be used to kill them ans some sare used to trap them.
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 11:42 PM
Name: Lyrah Israe-heil (LIE-rah iss-RAY-heel)

Court: Seelie

Breif Bio: Lyrah is a young fae that has been faithfully serving the Seelie Court since she was nine. She does not have a common beauty, but there is something mysterious and alluring in her eyes and the way she acts. She is usually compassionate to everyone, but if someone challenges her court or way of life, her fierce loyalty and powerful temper will arise and the gods help anyone that gets in her way.

(I can get pics by Monday...you won't start by then right?)
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 2:37 AM
i doubt we will start by monday, so that is fine.
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 6:52 PM
would yall just rather this just be a freeform?