Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:07 PM Last edited by ingeli : 22nd Feb 2012 at 8:22 PM.
Its extracted with Patched CAW, so it should be ok, but I will check it. - Edited to add: works fine for me.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Atakoy
terrainDistant_dw4:
Position X - 1030
Position Y - -12
Position Z - 1010

Rotation X,Y,Z - 0

Thank you VERY much!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 11:33 PM
When I tried to make a world w/ the height map and put in the dt - it didn't fit right - there were lots of gaps. I am sure this is from my own lack of skill. What did y'all do to make it look right?

God Bless,
mik
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 11:33 PM
Ingeli - I am sure it was a random crash on my end then. vis the height map.

God Bless,
mik
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 2:54 PM
Mikitta, I didnĀ“t really try with the original height map, but I did a recolor for another world and the placing is very tricky when it comes to the level where it is placed. Try different levels. I am not entirely happy with it, even if I like it a lot.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 12:05 AM
Mikitta- regarding the heightmaps and EA distant terrains, we've seen this in a few EA worlds now where the height maps do not fir the DT. I suspect that EA are using a custom height for their worlds, not the 100, 200 or 300 that we have to choose from. Of course, with the SuperCAW patch we can now choose a custom height, but without knowing what parameters EA used for Lunar Lakes, it is not much advantage to know this!
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 1:46 PM
Hi, I downloaded the crystals and the pipes. The crystals are fine and I have found them all in build and buy mode, where they are supposed to be, but the last pipe, the one that is like a frame, is only in Edit Town Mode, please help, SimsRule10
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th May 2012 at 5:18 AM
Just wondering if I create a world with the DT, are the people who may download it going to have to download it as a package also or will it automatically show as long as they have Lunar Lakes installed?
Forum Resident
#34 Old 30th May 2012 at 7:43 PM
I'm pretty sure the downloader will have to install the package to their Mods folder...............Yes, just checked first post. The down loader will need it.
Test Subject
#35 Old 31st May 2012 at 4:43 AM
I reread it and I don't see it clearly stated that the downloader would need to install the package also, but I suppose because it needs to be installed to CAW & to the Mods folder like the Riverview DT?
Forum Resident
#36 Old 31st May 2012 at 9:21 AM
Yes, you're right, it doesn't specifically say the downloader needs it, I just assumed if you need to install it to both your caw packages folder, and your sims 3 mods folder in order to use it, then the downloader of the world would also have to install it to their sims 3 mods folder. Although, you know what they say about assumptions, LOL
In the Arena
retired moderator
#37 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 4:11 PM
I recently learned that these resources are very much dependent on the version of Lunar Lakes.Sims3Pack one downloads and when.

While working on the LunarLakes' routing fixes, I kept experiencing crashes and the CAW files won't save after the first Save As. So, in my attempts to correct all these crashings, I redownloaded the world from the Store, and these downloads don't show up in CAW. I had to reclone fresh from the newly downloaded file. The first clue was that the Sims3Pack were of different sizes.
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 3:26 AM Last edited by chocoloti : 26th Feb 2014 at 9:38 PM.
I have the current version of CAW and followed the instructions to edit the resource.cfg file. I put a Package file in and added the pipes, rocks and terrain files there and in the Sims Mods Package file. Then I used S3PE to open Lunar Lakes in CAW. Everything looked good from above the town, I saw the pipes and everything looked ok. I saved it there. Then I went in closer to some of the areas and all of a sudden the pipes disappeared! So I closed CAW and opened again and loaded my saved LL. The pipes didn't show anywhere. I thought I might have put the pkg files in the wrong place so I made another one in the Documents/Electronic Arts/Create a World/Packages. Still no pipes. There's also a Download folder in Content Patch folder. So I put them in there. Still nothing. I saw everything there when it first loaded and then they were gone when I scrolled closer. What am I doing wrong? I'd love to move a bunch of those pipes to make room for more lots. Please help.

Today I tried a few times and finally got the pipes to be in CAW... but noticed ALL the rabbit hole shells are gone!! All I want to do is make a few changes to Lunar Lakes to fit how I play... Not anytime soon.
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th May 2014 at 3:59 AM Last edited by chocoloti : 31st May 2014 at 9:34 PM.
I'm still working on this. Can anyone explain why the rabbit hole buildings are missing (or invisible) when I open Lunar Lakes in CAW? The red outline appears when I check the location of each one and the lot is paved, but the actual portal is gone. Everything is in the game when I play, but I can't open Edit in Game to fix it in CAW. So I'm stuck not able to make the changes I want until I fix this.
Now the domes are missing, too! What is happening?

I used a previous version of S3PE to open a new Lunar Lakes and all the rabbit holes are there!
That must have been a problem with the newer version and the rabbit hole buildings. I have them all now!

But I've put the Lunar Lakes Pipes and Crystal packages everywhere.. in CAW framework, in every folder in My Documents CAW, in Sims 3 Mods... My game and CAW are both up to date...
Still, the game opens with the pipes and crystals there, and they are listed in Game Objects in the World Layer and in Metadata Game Objects.
Then when I "save" or "save as" All the pipes and crystals disappear. They aren't just invisible, they are erased from the world layer objects list, too. I still see them listed as "pipes" in the metadata list though. How can I save without them being taken out?
Page 2 of 2