Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 5:41 PM
Default A 'floordrobe?
Has anyone modded the clothes thrown on the floor (currently a 'rug') to make it a working wardrobe instead?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 8:15 PM
I don't know of the floor piles, but I know of this!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 9:26 PM
Oooo, that looks good, thank you! I would still love a floordrobe for sloppy sims but the neat clothes pile will be useful for my 'starting from scratch' simmies. Cheers!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 10:02 PM
You're welcome! :-D I just realised you have to download Merola's mesh (which is linked in the post as well) for it to work as a wardrobe. I've had the default and recolors in my game for years, and I just know realised I've missed downloading Merola's mod, haha!
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pickles89
Has anyone modded the clothes thrown on the floor (currently a 'rug') to make it a working wardrobe instead?

I can dig that! This would also be great for dorms/teens. I'd suggest that it could be modded from the one-tile dressers, but the animations wouldn't fit. Maybe if the floor pile mesh replaced the one-tile dresser mesh with the animation of picking something up replacing the reach for drawer animation...?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 12:43 AM
I was thinking the animations would be off. To be honest I'd be happy with just the 'spin into outfit' thing, like they do when about to go to work. But the bending down one would be better! It's kind of pie-in-the-sky though if it doesn't already exist, as I don't suppose anyone is still modding sims 2!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 2:19 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 13th Nov 2020 at 4:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pickles89

Yes there is. I will check in my game and see if it has a name or creator listed.

It is a conversion by Samantaablack made functional by Influence. Hope that helps you find it. I added a picture from my game.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#8 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 6:43 AM
While trying to hunt the CC showed by Jo, I stumbled upon this deco clothing pile made into a dresser

ETA :
Finally found the link Jo talked about: BSI luggage as dresser
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
While trying to hunt the CC showed by Jo, I stumbled upon this deco clothing pile made into a dresser

ETA :
Finally found the link Jo talked about: BSI luggage as dresser

Thanks, my Google-Fu was failing me today.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 1:29 PM
This is amazing! Thanks so much guys, I now have 3 shiny new downloads to enjoy! it's crazy how after 16 years of whatever it's been I'm still discovering new goodies. Now Magic Pixies of MTS, if anyone should know of a more 'Maxis-matchy' recolour of the BSI luggage, please do share!