Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 6:15 PM
thanks, did that...now what better yet...here the next battallion of ????
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
Yes, you remove the checkmark and then restart SimPE for the change to take effect.

Since you responded so quickly to the first of many ????s that I have as a beginner trying to get her feet wet with creating. I'm not certain which pieces parts pertain to which area. Can I send you a PM to try & talk me through other questions. I did that & now I'm still lost & confused. Because I'm not sure if my items that I want to modify are body or object. It is an accessory. I've not been able to find anything that just gives instructions on accessories. And I need to link a body with a skintone, neither are my own creations I was just given the permission to meld the two together so I may enjoy not deevolving out of my custom skin just to shower. Do you know which area I need to find my tutorials in?

Hello, my name is DeBRA; I'm a sims addict, I can change if I have to I guess, but I don't wanna. My alias' are MsMacDugle, Bornagainmommabear, bornagainmomma, fairyqueen1317, etc...
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 8:51 PM
This tutorial does not apply to anything related to Bodyshop (nor clothings nor accessories). SimPE is used only for objects, i.e. things that appear in the Buy Mode or Build Mode catalog.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 1:13 AM
Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
This tutorial does not apply to anything related to Bodyshop (nor clothings nor accessories). SimPE is used only for objects, i.e. things that appear in the Buy Mode or Build Mode catalog.

I have an item that is a vase & I need found the tutorial. I just finally, decided to go over to the home page. And seek my help, that I so badly need Modfather.

PS Thanks for having the patience of a saint.

Hello, my name is DeBRA; I'm a sims addict, I can change if I have to I guess, but I don't wanna. My alias' are MsMacDugle, Bornagainmommabear, bornagainmomma, fairyqueen1317, etc...
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 6:13 PM
I don't understand this step
2) Go to Tools -> PJSE plugin -> Reload file table
Is that in the preferences or in the menu bar, I'm using SimPE version 0.58.2.20950 but I just can't find it
I must be very stupid
Part-time Hermit
#80 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 8:21 PM
Tools should be found on the top menu, as shown in the attached screenshot.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 2:13 PM Last edited by TimSimser : 24th Mar 2007 at 2:20 PM.
In my SimPE the only options after Tools->PJSE-> are
- Help
- Filetable Settings
- Object Finder

So I don't have the option "refresh Filetable" ,

and if I go to Filetable settings and choose the options Refresh Now, there still are Open for Bussiness objects in my object workshop ( not everything from Open for Bussiness )

what do I have to do?
If I just uninstall Open for Bussiness the problem is solved I guess, but I prefer to keep it on my computer.
(I have installed a mini Christmass Expansion Pack, can that be a problem?)
Part-time Hermit
#82 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 3:42 PM
I've never used the Refresh Filetable option before, I always just unchecked (or checked) the EPs I wanted from the File Table, and then just restarted SimPE. I'm not sure if refreshing the file table separately matters, but it's worked for me without doing that.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 3:53 PM
2) Go to Tools -> PJSE plugin -> Reload file table
so I don't have to do this option?
Part-time Hermit
#84 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 3:58 PM
I don't think you do, but Numenor might know better if there is a reason to do this. You can try without and see how it goes.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 4:00 PM
I still have Open for bussiness objects in for example the decoration groups but I don't have shelfs, so some have gone but there are still objects in it from an expansion pack
Part-time Hermit
#86 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 4:07 PM
Try cloning the object you want to clone and see if it has 0x8b or 0x8c in the Object Data (as explained by Numenor in the first post). If it's 0x8b, meaning the object is base game compatible, you should be fine.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 5:41 PM
TimSimser, I don't remember all the older versions of SimPE, but your v. 0.58 might not have the "Reload File Table" menu; however, restarting SimPE always reloads the file table, so you'd better restart it every time you select or deselect EPs in the File Table.

As for the OFB objects that you still see in the object list, do you have the Downloads folder included in the File Table? In this case, you are probably seeing some clones in your objects list, and not actual objects from OFB. You recognize custom objects, in the object list, because they have a (0xFFFFFFFF) near their name.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#88 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 9:47 PM
no it aren't custom objects for example I can see the sign of OFB but I cannot see the shelfs, but if I just uninstall my expansion packs is my problem solved then?
Part-time Hermit
#89 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 9:48 AM
Uninstalling an EP because of that seems a bit drastic. Did you actually try cloning an object as I suggested in my last post and see if it was base game compatible?
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 12:44 PM Last edited by TimSimser : 25th Mar 2007 at 2:21 PM.
Yes I'm trying to and if it doesn't work I consider to uninstall them but I think it have to work now, I'm waiting for the result ( I sent it to my cousin who don't have any installed expansion packs, except the mini EP christmass)

And if I just uninstall the expansion packs and clone the objects and then reinstall the EP's, the problem is solved for the moment right?, because the problem is that I want to release my website but I am unable because of this EP problem, after that I can search for another solution, but my site can be released then.

So will my objects work if I uninstall clone and reinstall the expansion packs, ( and will the mini christmass EP, give problems, because I am unable to uninstall that mini EP)
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 4:01 PM
I got the result, the object works fine, I'm going to recreate all objects and hope they will work, thank you very much for your help
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 3:31 PM
TimSimser, you can test you "base-game objects" by yourself, if you want: install the BaseGameStarter and run your own "base-game", without uninstalling the EP

Instructor
#93 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 11:12 PM
Hi

You may have seen my animation painting I uploaded,but it seems it doesnt work for some
So today I tried this,I had to rewrite all the 24 BHAVS, textlists, piemenus&functions, animation names etc.
To find that the painting was NOT placeable anywhere,not without MoveobjectsOn.THen once I DID put on MO(moveobjects for short) I couldnt click on it at all and the sim was uncontrollable.
I was using BGS Pro and BaseGame only.

Perhaps my painting is not able to be made non EP compatible? HP thinks Pets is the problem,because both she&I had the Scratch/Chew option in the PieMenuFunctions.

i cant upload my files until Sunday/Monday as i have to spend 10mins rigging up the monitor to the computer and another few hours getting moaned at because my monitor died.

You couldnt think of what could have happened could you?

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 12:37 AM
Using the BGS is useful to test an object against the Base Game, but in order to create a base-game compliant object you have to follow the instructions provided in this thread ("Part 1: Creating Base Game compliant objects"). You don't mention to have adjusted the SimPE settings, so I guess you forgot this part (which would explain why you have Pets options in your package).

Instructor
#95 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 9:45 AM
No,I DID that,thats what I meant when I wrote "So today I tried this,I had to rewrite all the 24 BHAVS, textlists, piemenus&functions, animation names etc" meaning I did what you said and re-wrote everything

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 12:08 PM
Then you probably have re-cloned the object with the SimPE in "Base Game mode", but then you replaced the OBJD with the one extracted from the old "EP-required" package: if you check the Raw Tab, you'll see that field 0x0001 is set to 0x8c (EP required), while it should be 0x8b (Base Game compliant)...

The BHAVs, on the other hand, seem already base-game compliant.

Instructor
#97 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 3:08 PM Last edited by callum91 : 8th Apr 2007 at 10:17 PM.
**Gasp!!**
Hmm,the only thing i changed in the OBJD was the GUID (copied it from my old package), the price and the environmental thing,Im sure....
Ill try get the one that cant be placed up soon,Ill put it in the RepairCentre,then maybe you can tell me how I screwed it up please?
Im pretty sure it DID have 0x8B in it....

edit: it DOES have 8b in it,and it is NOW placeable,but the jumpbug happens when the mouse is hovered over it....Ill put it in the RepairCentre...should I do that so someone can have a lookie at it?

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 1:33 AM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Apr 2007 at 1:55 AM.
I can't find your thread in the Repair Center... Link, please?

EDIT: I've examined again the painting posted in the Downloads forum, and it also contains a TTAB in the Pets format (fromat 0x0054), which is incompatible with the base game.

I'll wait to examine the package you have cloned unchecking the EPs in SimPE.

Instructor
#99 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:38 AM
Hi
Its here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...126#post1628126
I was waiting for you to say 'Yes' because it says before you post, "DOnt post the same question in more than one thread' Or the equivalent,you know what it says

MTS2 Hot Pepper
#100 Old 5th May 2007 at 11:08 PM
Hmm... I'm so frustrated that there are many people still play pre-Pets game EPs
I should read this thread before creating allmy MM content.
I dont feel like rebuild them all again...:oho-ho:

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Page 4 of 5