Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 3:11 PM
Default sims 2 traffic jam on spiral staircases
hi, ive had a quick search today but i couldnt find what i was looking for (only custom content spiral staircases)... basically in all my homes that use spiral staircases i constantly end up with 'traffic jams' where two or more sims are trying to use the staircase at the same time OR another sim is stood blocking the way at the top or bottom... does anyone know of a hack or mod to avoid this?

i know the easiest thing would be to not use spiral staircases but i like how compact they are and prefer them to the straight ones.. its just so frustrating to have to pick up sims and move them around because theyre stood idle blocking a staircase.. and even more frustrating on community lots where i have to turn on a cheat to do this
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 1:10 AM
I haven't seen a mod that handles this either, and yeah, it's a pita. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a fix because of the way stairs are coded. Modular stairs can be used by multiple sims and have much better routing--sims are smarter about waiting for others on the stairs, can walk behind others on the stairs without failure, and can use opposite sides of the stairs at the same time. Single staircases, however, do not do this, and unfortunately, spiral stairs seem seem to be coded from single staircases.

The only options, that I know of right now, are: 1. To use modular stairs and 2. To use custom stairs that look like spiral stairs but "zap" sims from floor to floor. I know it's a pain to replace stairs, or to have to plan to use modular ones, but it really is the best option, routing wise.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her