Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#9276 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 6:06 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 10th Jan 2022 at 3:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Short answer: you can't. I don't think you can, because Aliens are classified as a different Sim (non-occult, as contradicting it sounds). They're not like werewolves or mummies you can turn and demumify/dewerewolve a Sim. Think of it as wanting to turn a dog into a human.

Oh, rats! I was afraid of that. Though, in TS4 they are considered as an occult state according to the cheat. Too bad they didn't add that cheat into TS3. Oh well, I guess it's at least one more generation of aliens then.

EDIT: Okay, after testing different things, I think I found a way to change an alien into a normal sim. I used MC to take my sim into cas and copied him into the bin. Then I started a new game in a different town just in case, though probably not necessary. I went into cas, opened the bin and chosed my saved sim. He was still an alien but now his eyes were normal, his dad's eyes actually. I saved him into the bin again, before changing his skintone to normal. Then I also saved that new skin version of him into bin, as well. Just wanted to have both options available.

Now, after that, went back to the town I play and took my alien sim into cas. I opened the bin and first replaced him with the normal eye alien -version. That didn't work and the eyes stayed black. I tried again and replaced him with the version that had normal eyes and normal skintone. That worked. He stayed looking like that, instead of an alien. So that method is the way to go.

Only now, I started to hesitate whether to change him or not, after all. Oh man...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#9277 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 9:28 PM
Does anyone know how many times a money tree can be harvested before it dies, and if there's a way to tune this value?

I looked at GameplayData and haven't found anything relevant, only multipliers for setting the value of the harvested bags.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#9278 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 8:28 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 9th Jan 2022 at 11:48 PM.
So I got this resort that is about half a star away from becoming 5-star. Though I probably will reach it in no time (now already at 4.5), but I'm sorta confuse as to why tenants complain about rashes and bugs when the maintenance is three high-quality staffed and room serivce is enabled?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9279 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 12:02 PM
Another thing, why my sims current actions get cancelled after loading a save?

Instructor
#9280 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 7:38 PM
Another thing, why my sims current actions get cancelled after loading a save?

it is known issue with NRAAS mods, GoHere, Story Progression, and/or ErrorTrap I think.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Instructor
#9281 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Does anyone know how many times a money tree can be harvested before it dies, and if there's a way to tune this value?

I looked at GameplayData and haven't found anything relevant, only multipliers for setting the value of the harvested bags.

see Plants xml. Money Tree can be harvested up to 10000 sim-days (I think) before it's gone withered.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Alchemist
#9282 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
see Plants xml. Money Tree can be harvested up to 10000 sim-days (I think) before it's gone withered.

Thank you!! I hated getting rid of good plants but they money trees are awfully cheaty in the long run!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#9283 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 12:55 PM
it is known issue with NRAAS mods, GoHere, Story Progression, and/or ErrorTrap I think.

Ah! It must be from GoHete as I notice after since it's been installed. It's confusing and useless for me, so I'll uninstall that mod anyway.

Mad Poster
#9284 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 3:37 PM
Ah! It must be from GoHete as I notice after since it's been installed. It's confusing and useless for me, so I'll uninstall that mod anyway.

GoHere is an injection mod. It has the effect on sims with actions in their queue as you describe only when the activities they are engaging in require world lot routing as the GoHere routing system get imposed upon the game not until a couple to a few sim minutes after a game session starts up with the game clock moving forward smoothly. That is annoying, but sims who were in the middle of going from one part of the world to another to do something should be pushed to where they were going again (or someplace else if that errand wasn't important) by some force or other pretty soon after. Most of us feel that the benefits of the GoHere mod far outweigh this downside and we try to arrange our saves, when we can, so that the one we start up from is in the middle of the night or some time when there aren't likely to be very many sims trying to make their way across town.

The mod shouldn't be having that impact on sims whose actions are to take place entirely on the lot where they already were. ErrorTrap does not do this except for the time it is inserted into the Mods Folder and put into use or a new version replaces an older one -- it's a Core Mod and there isn't anything we can do about that, but once the mod is in play that painful moment should be over. StoryProgression should not be having any such impact at all.
Mad Poster
#9285 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 6:28 PM
I downloaded the GoHere because (I thought) you can queue up that actions multiple times in between actions (so it itself doesn't get cancelled). However got disappointed it didn't and found no need for it, as that mod uncessary clutters interaction pie menu.

Instructor
#9286 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 9:38 PM
I downloaded the GoHere because (I thought) you can queue up that actions multiple times in between actions (so it itself doesn't get cancelled). However got disappointed it didn't and found no need for it, as that mod uncessary clutters interaction pie menu.

The most irritating issue on GoHere is that sometimes the doors could be stuck open when reloading the save, and it mostly happens when one sim routing to another room or outside and the action got cancelled. Thus those stuck doors cannot function, creating routing fails for inactives. But I don't mind at all, the no auto grouping feature is too precious to sacrifice.

Scholar
#9287 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 1:21 AM
The most irritating issue on GoHere is that sometimes the doors could be stuck open when reloading the save, and it mostly happens when one sim routing to another room or outside and the action got cancelled. Thus those stuck doors cannot function, creating routing fails for inactives. But I don't mind at all, the no auto grouping feature is too precious to sacrifice.

Aha! I was wondering what was causing that. Thankyou.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#9288 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Aha! I was wondering what was causing that. Thankyou.

I'm glad I'm not the only one

Inventor
#9289 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 4:41 PM
Can sims get juiced moodlet from drinking sim wine? And if they cant, can I do something to make that happen anyway?
Instructor
#9290 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Can sims get juiced moodlet from drinking sim wine? And if they cant, can I do something to make that happen anyway?

What's a sim wine? I believe there's nectar in the game, not wine. Unless you're talking about custom content.

Inventor
#9291 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 4:34 PM
What's a sim wine? I believe there's nectar in the game, not wine. Unless you're talking about custom content.

That is indeed what I mean. I just called it wine since its made from grapes, like wine.
Instructor
#9292 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
That is indeed what I mean. I just called it wine since its made from grapes, like wine.

I couldn't find what you're looking for in gameplay data (I only found buff moods per quality values). Since nectar bottle names are randomly generated, perhaps it is tied to the script. Someone more experienced might be able to help you out.

Lab Assistant
#9293 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 8:12 AM
Snooping around the neighbourhood and apparently, this one family would get paid 20k for living in the unfurnished house?
What would cause the unfurnished cost to go into the negatives? Does this need to be fixed?

Screenshots

omnis mundi creatura
Instructor
#9294 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
Snooping around the neighbourhood and apparently, this one family would get paid 20k for living in the unfurnished house?
What would cause the unfurnished cost to go into the negatives? Does this need to be fixed?

Are you playing the game with Nraas Story Progression? In rarest event, the inactive family who has no simoleon would have their house value to negative since they could not pay the bill. If it concerns you, there's two ways of fixing it.

1. You could go to edit town mode, evict the family, enter build/buy to that house and see if it has negative value. If it persists, you could bulldoze it and place a fresh copy, assuming you got one. If it doesn't, put back the family into it. If you couldn't put the family back because of insufficient cash, simply activate freerealestate cheat.

2. Give them a lot of funds through Master Controller with cheat module so that they could finally be able to pay the bills. Wait several sim days to see if the house would return to normal value.

Lab Assistant
#9295 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 1:14 PM
Ah, that makes sense, thank you! According to the NRaas SP notifications, they do have some debt issues. And no, I'm not terribly bothered, just curious as to what caused this. Learnt something new today.

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#9296 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 2:49 PM
I've been trying to get the Juice Keg to work for teens with Nraas Returner and while I can tune it to allow them to use it and supposedly perform the juiced kiss, woohoo, etc, the interactions still aren't showing up and they can't do a keg stand or get the buffs. Anyone been able to enable the item for teens successfully?

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#9297 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I've been trying to get the Juice Keg to work for teens with Nraas Returner and while I can tune it to allow them to use it and supposedly perform the juiced kiss, woohoo, etc, the interactions still aren't showing up and they can't do a keg stand or get the buffs. Anyone been able to enable the item for teens successfully?

You should probably ask this at the Nraas forum where there will be people who have tried it. But I think you probably also have to adjust the teen behavior, probably in Master Controller, though I don't know where the adjustments ought to be.
Instructor
#9298 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 9:01 PM
There's no behavior option in master controller, the mod itself is literally how you manipulate the world, like assigning unemployed sims to certain careers, giving funds, adding/raising skills etc.

Teens can't even do woohoo in vanilla game without mods so you'll need to retune it as well as the buff since the buff is probably only for grownup sims.

Mad Poster
#9299 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I've been trying to get the Juice Keg to work for teens

There is a setting in NRaas Woohooer that will allow teens to play Juice Pong, the one called Unlock Actions for Teenagers under Woohooer > General > Species: Human. But I'm pretty sure that kegs are off-limits as they are core-blocked for teens and there aren't any animations in the game that will work properly for that age group, so they would look horribly stretched and twisted to the player if they could be made to use them. Thus unblocking their usage properly would be quite a project, if it's even feasible to do.
Scholar
#9300 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 7:16 AM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 22nd Jan 2022 at 11:35 AM.
My game is far from vanilla and it has Woohooer. SP, Master Controller, Traveler, Register, Returner, and more from Nrass.
I didn't mean to imply I wasn't combining multiple mods to try and get the keg to work properly.
And it does allow teens to drink from it as I said, just no buffs are given to them and they are unable to do keg stands.
It may not be possible to unlock those things, but I was hoping someone had figured it out already.
@igazor 's comment that there aren't any animations makes sense, but I thought only child and younger needed special animations to keep from streching.
I don't know enough (okay I'm completely ignorant) about that type of modding to argue it either way.
Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

Update:

It appears as though the "Juiced" buff is locked to prevent teens from having it. I tried to add it to my teen sim using MC and it won't allow it. It will allow "Juiced Up" and "Juice Friends" which I can't say I have ever seen pop up before. Oh well no drunk teenagers unless they drink nectar or at the bar I guess.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Page 372 of 385