Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

steampunk robot set

by sherahbim Posted 3rd Mar 2008 at 10:35 AM - Updated 11th Jul 2011 at 1:34 AM by sherahbim

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 4:59 AM
I'd love to know where you got your other steampunk items that are in your first image. The skins are amazing, thank you so much! But we need more now!
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 5:16 AM
These are awesome! The first CC I've downloaded in a while!
Alchemist
#28 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:27 AM
Too cool! Something that will fit Julius Verne novels ... Good luck for the contest, this entry is really original! Thank you and ciao :D
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 5:16 PM
These skins are awesome! They remind me of the gorgeous automatons from the computer game Syberia, which is a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing this; you did an incredible job!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:33 PM
STEAMPUNK. D; I love you, this is just too fantastic. You're amazing! <3
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 12:58 AM
This is utterly amazing. I love steampunk. I love all your creations. This is absolutely perfect. Thank you so so so much for sharing these!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 8:53 AM
thank you so much everyone
lifesacupcake i played Syberia too, i loved that game!
halcyonsting i got most of the stuff from The Dark Project i got some of it from SavageSims and some from Sims Design Avenue
Forum Resident
#33 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 2:24 PM
Just a quick note to tell everyone that you can make Servos like this. I made a male and female sim with the steampunk skintone, created servos, then used the SimPE Sim Surgery tool to alter their appearance, using the sims I created. Add to that the "servo appearance fix" hack by squinge (available at the Sims Graveyard) and they keep their appearance everywhere.

Very, very cool.
Test Subject
#34 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 2:27 PM
Very nice, I've played Space 1889 quite a bit in the past, and have been wanting to do a steam punkish, Space 1889 neighborhood for a while! Thanks.

Bellum in Gallia malum, sed in maetella taetrum!
Instructor
#35 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:45 PM
These look freaking AWESOME! My gosh, the detail... superb, perfect. The best skins I've ever seen.

Check out my sexy male sim creations! http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=170
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 6:06 PM
Amazing, incredible, gorgeous, as usual! And your screenshots are beautiful too! many thanks
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 8:56 PM
Now see, this will fit into my victorian neighbourhood so perfectly,it's almost creepy. *is an avid steampunk fan* Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#38 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:02 PM
These are GORGEOUS!! I LOVE them!! Steampunk is great, because I'm crazy about cozy, old-fashioned things; and yet, I love robots. These vintage looking robots are so much more appealing than modern ones!
Thank you so much!

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 8:05 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:05 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Thanks for these! This is one of the best anachronisms i can think of and you have caputured the balance so perfectly, looking forward to more of your creations

HELLO
Click HERE to view all of my downloads!

Ty Woodchip50
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 9:08 PM
These are totally fantastic and amazing. I particularly adore the make-up.

Quote: Originally posted by jmtmom
Just a quick note to tell everyone that you can make Servos like this. I made a male and female sim with the steampunk skintone, created servos, then used the SimPE Sim Surgery tool to alter their appearance, using the sims I created. Add to that the "servo appearance fix" hack by squinge (available at the Sims Graveyard) and they keep their appearance everywhere.

Right, you can do it yourself -if- you're not on a mac. Could someone consider make a skin-changing object so I can give my servos this skin without SimPE? (I just age them down and back up with boolprop to make them look human.)
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 11:38 AM
I just love it! It is simply magnificant!
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:40 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:05 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
This is way cool. I love steampunk.

And I just wanted to say I like the pictures you took. I've always thought uploads are presented better when time is taken to put their item in a setting that's been decorated or staged to show off the creation. The objects in the background really help the overall effect!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 1:01 AM
I love your creative perspective! Now I can have both sci-fi and victorian style in my neighborhoods! thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 1:36 AM
thank you for all the sweet compliments guys, and for the input on how to make the servos as well
and thank you peeDoll, and Justalapoele im so happy you like my pictures
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 6:56 AM
this is not something i would usually download but these are too fantastic to pass up. simply beautiful job on the texture work.

"nothing spectacular"
Theorist
#46 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 8:23 PM
Steam punk is a fascinating alternate reality. It would have helped a good many people if these skins were actually provided on servos because not everyone is comfortable with or able to use SimPE to create them, but nonetheless this set is magnificent!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:54 PM
im happy that you like it Sophie-David
this set was never meant to be a servo, thats why it wasn't done in that form, some of the people here just thought it would make a good one, however if someone who knows how to make it into a servo would like to they have my permission to do so.
Theorist
#48 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 10:52 PM
Wonderful sherahbim, and most generous! Alas, for myself I already have too many unkept promises!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 4:12 AM
These are perfect, just what I've been needing for my steam-punk inspired Neighborhood!!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 5:02 AM
Ah, what an awesome idea. Great work. :D
Page 2 of 7