Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Non-Default Lara Croft BodyShape Mesh

by RoguePilot Posted 21st Jul 2009 at 10:27 AM - Updated 22nd Jul 2009 at 3:19 PM by RoguePilot : Tutorial link added

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Field Researcher
#76 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:20 AM
well done, can't wait to see more.
Test Subject
#77 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:18 AM
Im confused what do you put in the package folder?
Forum Resident
#78 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:29 AM
I just had a thought that might be helpful. I've been playing with the body sculptor in TS3. It lets you make your sim weaker/stronger/fatter/thinner, but it also has a pie option for reverting to "normal," which makes me think that the body sculptor doesn't really change the sim's underlying weight/fitness, but instead applies some set of temporary modifiers to the skin. Otherwise, why would there be a "normal" option?

If this is so, then maybe something like this could be applied through a body sculptor hack?
Test Subject
#79 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:40 AM
first off, this is a freakin' fantastic mod. my hat is off to you.

Now if only would take a nod from city of heroes/villians where they have individual body part sliders, that would rule.

again, thanx for an awesome mod.
Test Subject
#80 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KateZ
Random comment.
Voila in french.. while used as slang/colloquially to mean "Ta-da!" is actually more literally translated as "This thing here!" Voici means "That thing over there". The Japanese do the same thing by saying Sore and Kore.

So you might say "Oh.. you want to see the world's most wonderful pastry? Voila *Here* You need look no further!"

.... was that totally inappropriate of me to say?

Also, good job First mesh.. you have opened a can of delicious worms ^^ Hooray!

Voilà is derived from vois là and literally means see there, whereas voici means see here, so you got the meanings mixed up. A lot of languages have things like this, the Japanese as stated above and in Dutch you have the word 'ziezo'.

Now, to not be completely off topic: I like it as well. It's a shame a default body shape similar to this one can't be created because it bugs me that the sims' breasts are so small when the women are skinny. In my family we're all a bit more well-endowed so it annoys me that skinny sims are an A or B cup.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 5:12 PM
I can't wait to see clothes on this bodyshape.
Test Subject
#82 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 11:30 PM
question like....does this work with the slider hack? and also what if you buy stuff from the sims 3 store does it fit them still or will i have to uninstall it to get them to work?????
Test Subject
#83 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:31 AM
Man, am I glad I read the comments section! I almost scrapped my one couple I had in numero 2 so I could use this as if it were still part of genetics (the chica of the couple was using one of Warlock's body meshes).

I'm liking the ideas that I've seen thus far. Hopefully you guys'll be able to crack the Sims 3 nut open as thoroughly as the Sims 2.

OH! Almost forgot! Big fat angry thanks for the mesh!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karikid456
question like....does this work with the slider hack? and also what if you buy stuff from the sims 3 store does it fit them still or will i have to uninstall it to get them to work?????

You would not have to uninstall any clothing item to get a store bought item to work.

This Mesh does not stop anything else from working. It is a non-default mesh. It just adds another option.

Yes clothes do need to be specifically made to use this mesh. But delphy is coming up with a new tool to simplify the process.

Something, something, something, Darkside
Test Subject
#86 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 10:10 AM
do u think u can make it default mesh of it
Theorist
#87 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 7:20 AM
Thanks a bunch for this mesh ,... but just one thing, it doesn't show up in my game. I've downloaded it and followed the instructions on how to install it in my game but nothing. Can someone give me a little help please and thanks
Test Subject
#88 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:54 PM
WOW what a great mesh you made. I love it and can't go with out it now. Thanks for modding this for us woman that wanted bigger breast!
Test Subject
#89 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 7:59 PM
ok i'm not sure how this works, or what it does.

can someone explain please?

or how to use it.. i'm confused.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#90 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:59 PM
Default Installing this package.
Is this the first Mod you have installed.
If so you need to set up a cfg (congig) file.
Using Delphys Installer Monkey makes things easier and does all that for you, as well as helping with installing any new packages.

There really shouldn't be any problem with the mesh itself.

Make sure you put the package files for the Mesh and the Texture in your Mod folder.

You should then see it in CAS, as a single item in the full body outfit tab under all categories when using the Balcony texture.

When you install the Jeans-and-Blouse texture you should see those as Everyday and Formal full body outfits.

If none of those work you may have to delete your cache files to get them to show. But I have never had to do that for any texture.

Test Subject
#91 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:43 PM
nvm, i don't need help.

i realized it's a mesh people can create stuff off of.

i'm silly.

THANKS. :D
Test Subject
#92 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 10:25 PM
Awesome job!
I wonder if it's possible to adjust all job uniforms to this mesh. Or I will have to keep my huge-boobed sim unemployed :D
Test Subject
#93 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:19 PM
this looks AMAZING thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much this is gonna look great !!

:)
Test Subject
#94 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 10:46 PM
why don't you move this to accessories and make it invisible so it can adapt to all clothes?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#95 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JerryAnderium
why don't you move this to accessories and make it invisible so it can adapt to all clothes?

The game does not work that way. Only the textures from accessories transfer to the outfit mesh that is being used.

Each outfit is a texture applied to a unique Mesh.

Test Subject
#96 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 5:46 AM
I dont understand it......when i download it. What happen then? Does my Female Sim everytime had the Bodyshape or is it displaceable?
I dont want that every Female Sim looks so. D;

sorry for bad english =(
Test Subject
#97 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 1:32 PM
great work! I love it )))

but will there be a default replacement based on this mesh? o.O
Test Subject
#98 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 6:51 PM
This is a huge advancement. Being able to create non-Maxis meshes will open up lots of opportunities for mesh and clothing modders.
Test Subject
#99 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jusemoma
I think I saw it too, they did had a breast slider, and i think for legs and butt, not sure it might have been a dream, but it think it was real

I remember seeing that too. Maybe they couldn't get it working in time, or it was a resource hog? Or maybe they are saving it for Sims 3: Plastic Surgery? We should bombard them with demands.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#100 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skeggjold
I remember seeing that too. Maybe they couldn't get it working in time, or it was a resource hog? Or maybe they are saving it for Sims 3: Plastic Surgery? We should bombard them with demands.

I actually remember something similar for the XBOX version of the sims.
After all the discussion about this I have been attempting to modify the morphs so that the slider would produce a more 'hourglass' figure as it was moved up. No success yet though. I think there is a link that's missing.

Page 4 of 5