Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charlton Island

by armiel Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 9:53 AM - Updated 28th Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM by armiel

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 112 Feedback Posts, 81 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 4:55 PM
Thank you so much! Your world is looking awesome

I`m downloading the world and even the cc you used (and I hate to download a lot of cc ).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 5:00 PM
It's an amazing world. I'm thinking about re installing the sims 3 only to play it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#28 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 5:46 PM
Yay!! I'm so happy this is finally available for all!! Amazing job Armiel, I can't wait to really delve into this final version!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 5:48 PM
Charlton Island is so amazing. I've been exploring and I cannot say enough good about it. What an amazing piece of work. The depth of design and originality of layout puts Sims3's shop type worlds to shame. Except for the lack of wild plants, which is easily rectifiable by creating a small park say 10x10 and putting a few plants in it this place is totally complete. I am almost in agreement with the phrase someone said "Goodbye Sunset Valley." (but I still like that place too)

Thank you so much for creating such a work of art.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 7:40 PM
Amazing and beautiful! I immediately downloaded it (along with the CC I didn't already have) and set to playing.

Just one thing, perhaps a heads-up for anyone else who runs into this, when I went into Edit Town I was unable to place ready made houses onto any of the empty lots (no matter the size.) However, I found that when I went into Build/Buy mode on the lot and put anything (partial wall, foundation, etc) then exited back to Edit Town and bulldozed what I'd placed on the lot it then became available for placing a ready made house on it.

Who knows, it just may be something wonky with my setup.

Anyways, excellent and very well done! Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

MUMBLER! Seriously, I cannot understand a word you're saying! .... Willy Wonka, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#31 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 7:43 PM
I can't believe you finished it so quickly! Your such the expert It's gorgeous and I love it.
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 7:45 PM
I have been unable to access the m&g empire clapboad files from Babolats site. His server sendspace is not working , and his site has not updated in a year.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littleblackdog
I have been unable to access the m&g empire clapboad files from Babolats site. His server sendspace is not working , and his site has not updated in a year.

What web browser are you using? Using Firefox, I was able to access and download that file just hours ago.

MUMBLER! Seriously, I cannot understand a word you're saying! .... Willy Wonka, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Field Researcher
retired moderator THANKS POST
#34 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 7:49 PM
Yay! Armiel, this is really fantastic. I love it so much, and I can't wait to play it. downloading as I write
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 7:52 PM
Alitoni, please read the lots info on the main post.

littleblackdog, I just tried and had no trouble downloading babolat's pattern from the link I provided.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#36 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 7:54 PM
Absolutely fantastic
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Alitoni, please read the lots info on the main post.

Gotcha! Missed that little bit.

Thanks!

Field Researcher
retired moderator THANKS POST
#38 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 8:33 PM
armiel, do you think we could get an empty version? Some of the CC messes up my game. :/ If not, oh well. Great world. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 8:45 PM
Thanks, it looks very promising and very well presented. I have downloaded so many new worlds and about 50% of them have either half scrappy work or are corrupted in some way. I usually extract the sim3pack files, check them and fix them, repack them and then install them.

I have downloaded this world and I'm going to put it to the test. (I'm a bit of a perfectionist, sorry )

I will post my result a bit later.

PS: I haven't seen your other work or used them, but judging from your presentation alone, You put a lot of time and effort into this. This tells me a lot of your work already. Kudus for ya!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 8:45 PM
Perfectionist,
maybe..

could you be more specific with what CC?
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Perfectionist,
maybe..

could you be more specific with what CC?

Cheez, that was a quick reply.....

Some of them did have some CC but cannot remember them off hand. I usually
add my own CC later if the world runs stable. But I'm going to test yours now and I doubt if I will find anything wrong....

Speak to you later
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 8:53 PM
Bloch676, my reply was for perfectionist posting above you

For you, I don't mind being tested
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#43 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 8:55 PM
This . . . I have no words for how awesome this is.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#44 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 9:03 PM
Hm, I'm nervous about adding so much CC, but this world looks worth it It looks beautiful, and I hope that it's not too evil on my computer
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#45 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 9:25 PM
Well, on Mac OSX, a lot of the .package items kick up the cursed "exception raised" issue, where the game asks if i want to debug and if i click either yes or no the game closes. which is why I can't really install that much of it unless it's a .sim3pack. It's fine if you can't/don't want to do an empty one, just a suggestion

PM me with a request!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 9:39 PM
Great world! It reminds me of a campus or something. Nice architecture line also. Already downloaded the world, getting down to do the same with the CC as soon as I get back from work. Awesome work, keep it up!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 9:43 PM
I have never been so enticed by an island world, let alone a world without highrises (it's a thing..) but THIS. This is just amazing. It'll be a great get away from my main/large neighborhood if I want somewhere quiet for my Simmies Your work never ceases to amaze me!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 9:59 PM
I don't need a new world at the moment but this is just too good to ignore. I love the thought that's gone into the backstory and evolution of the place.

Thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#49 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 10:09 PM Last edited by lorenrose1013 : 16th Sep 2011 at 11:46 PM.
This is AMAZING!

EDIT: Doesn't work in my game. I downloaded every piece of cc, have the latest patch, all EPs/ SP and yet it refuses to load. It gets to the very end of the loading bar and just stays there for half an hour before I give up and shut down. I'm fairly certain it isn't my game as all my other custom worlds work, but it's being stubborn. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 10:27 PM
This is so awesome!!! It's amazing. The detail you have put into this world is unbelievable. I did notice the CC when I checked through the file, as I do with everything, but the extra windows and doors etc were perfect so I had no qualms about installing at all. I though Finnington was good but this is just perfect!!
Page 2 of 8