Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Purrrrfect and Local Black Cat default replacement eyes for kitties + eye fix

by traelia Posted 16th Aug 2012 at 1:03 PM - Updated 17th Aug 2012 at 3:21 PM by traelia

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 1:05 PM Last edited by doren : 2nd Sep 2012 at 5:24 PM.
I haven't installed them yet but just to see them made my day. I had almost accepted that the black dots/missing reflections would never be fixed. I am going to download the dog eyes next and can't wait to see the fix for the horses.

pikku.titiuu: I am pretty sure these textures are from cmmoney's default cat replacement eyes.

P.S.: I tried them and I have a stupid question: Am I supposed to see reflections/lights in the eyes in-game (they were always there in CAS)? They look a lot better than the default eyes but I still don't get any lights in them. My current active sim only has a dog but as far as I can see it is the same for the cat eyes.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by doren
I haven't installed them yet but just to see them made my day. I had almost accepted that the black dots/missing reflections would never be fixed. I am going to download the dog eyes next and can't wait to see the fix for the horses.

pikku.titiuu: I am pretty sure these textures are from cmmoney's default cat replacement eyes.

P.S.: I tried them and I have a stupid question: Am I supposed to see reflections/lights in the eyes in-game (they were always there in CAS)? They look a lot better than the default eyes but I still don't get any lights in them. My current active sim only has a dog but as far as I can see it is the same for the cat eyes.

There will be no game generated lights. Mine are painted on. And the Eye Fix simply disables them completely. As of yet I have no idea how to fix the original lights, as there really isn't any explanation as to why they are black.

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 10:15 PM
I just looked at a kitten and I wondered whether they were painted on. It doesn't matter really, it creates the effect and puts life into their eyes (and it is all that is missing from the horse eyes because they are so dark, they look like holes). The kitten looked so cute.
But I am not seeing those on the dog. Could it be that the files are mixed up? Or that it is twice the same file? I have a feeling I only have the EA fix but I checked about ten times and I have your default replacements in. I am going to try with the other ones now, hopefully they are only mixed up. I really would like to see them on this dog.
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 11:06 PM
I am sorry I really should have posted this as a comment to the dog eyes since it only seems to affect them. I get your default replacements when I edit the dog in CAS and choose different coloured eyes. When both eyes are the same colour I get the EA defaults.

(There was a change in the GraphicRules.sgr to get fluffy fur on pets and I had to manually add my AMD card to make it show. I don't know if this could affect the eyes so I think I'd mention it)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 11:50 PM
I am sorry I really should have posted this as a comment to the dog eyes since it only seems to affect them. I get your default replacements when I edit the dog in CAS and choose different coloured eyes. When both eyes are the same colour I get the EA defaults.

(There was a change in the GraphicRules.sgr to get fluffy fur on pets and I had to manually add my AMD card to make it show. I don't know if this could affect the eyes so I think I'd mention it)

I don't think anything to do with fluffy pets would mess up my eyes. What is important is what files you have from me for pets? Can you list which you have downloaded and where you put them?

Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 4:08 AM
I'm wondering what exactly could cause the eyes to have a 'blind' look to them. When turned to the side they are most white cloudy with some smudging of whatever color. As far as I know I don't have any conflicting pet eye defaults to clash with but I do have one fore sims, and I changed my graphics settings but this current card has the fluffy fur problem so I'm not sure if it's another problem of it. The eyes before didn't seem to have a problem so I doubt it's that.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PardalisCatt
I'm wondering what exactly could cause the eyes to have a 'blind' look to them. When turned to the side they are most white cloudy with some smudging of whatever color. As far as I know I don't have any conflicting pet eye defaults to clash with but I do have one fore sims, and I changed my graphics settings but this current card has the fluffy fur problem so I'm not sure if it's another problem of it. The eyes before didn't seem to have a problem so I doubt it's that.

Ahh I don't really know. I was playing last night and noticed that the outer edges of the eyes were sort of blurry. I haven't updated or changed anything. I just know that in general these particular files can be very temperamental and sometimes it takes some time for the eyes to load the texture completely.. Maybe that could be it.. Either way I don't have a solution really.

Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 7:48 PM
I switched from the different coloured eyes to the single coloured ones last night (again - not that I hadn't done this before) and TADAA, suddenly they were there. I had deleted the caches when I installed them, so I put this down to one of these "rinse and repeat" moments, when you have to do the same thing a few times before it works.

(We have a coffee machine in the office which works on the same principle, so I am familiar with the concept)

Both cat and dog eyes look great. You don't know how grateful I am for doing them. The eyes really spoiled the Sims 3 pets for me.
Test Subject
#34 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by traelia
Ahh I don't really know. I was playing last night and noticed that the outer edges of the eyes were sort of blurry. I haven't updated or changed anything. I just know that in general these particular files can be very temperamental and sometimes it takes some time for the eyes to load the texture completely.. Maybe that could be it.. Either way I don't have a solution really.

Alright, I'll try it again once I am over (sucks my own comp can't play it ;- I'll give it a bit and see how it goes. I did end up deleting the cache after the fact when it happened the first time but I will try it again and maybe toy with the settings to see how it goes.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 6:15 PM
I switched from the different coloured eyes to the single coloured ones last night (again - not that I hadn't done this before) and TADAA, suddenly they were there. I had deleted the caches when I installed them, so I put this down to one of these "rinse and repeat" moments, when you have to do the same thing a few times before it works.

(We have a coffee machine in the office which works on the same principle, so I am familiar with the concept)

Both cat and dog eyes look great. You don't know how grateful I am for doing them. The eyes really spoiled the Sims 3 pets for me.

Ah! Excellent! I'm glad you got them working! I know the feeling too. I find that my internet does this thing where you have to restart it a few times before it works haha!

Quote: Originally posted by PardalisCatt
Alright, I'll try it again once I am over (sucks my own comp can't play it ;- I'll give it a bit and see how it goes. I did end up deleting the cache after the fact when it happened the first time but I will try it again and maybe toy with the settings to see how it goes.

Yes do try the cache, as it seems to be a bit picky when it comes to pets. Also it may be your settings, I am not 100% on that one, but the profile I used to take the pictures for the upload has maxed out graphics and my gameplay profile does not so that I can actually play, and that might be the difference here. Let me know how it turns out so that I can post something about it!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 4:03 PM
CUTE! *O* Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:06 AM
Thank you for this fix!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#38 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 4:42 AM
The slit eyes are perfect! Thanks for another great download ^^
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by traelia
Horse eyes are in the works, I've just really never seen a real life horse up close so I can't really get them looking real..

From personal RL experience, because horse eyes (iris-colored part) are usually dark, you can't see their pupils well. The pupils are actually horizontal and rectangular. The edges of their pupils are very textured and bumpy, almost like the head of a cockscomb flower when you look close. That's the best way I can describe it. Of course, the horse's pupil is flat, and not rounded as in the picture of the flower, but it does have that unique texture. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Meantime, I just love the Purrrrrfect cat eyes and will try them! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 5:26 PM
Thank you so much for these! I was so disappointed that, not only did the pupils fade to grey in-game, but there was no option for the huge pupils my cats have when they're super playful. Too bad a fang slider wouldn't be possible too. Even with the dilated eyes, one of my creations just doesn't look like himself without his giant, bucktoothed fangs. XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:05 AM
Oh, I am so happy to get that mod! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 7:48 PM
I dont see it....
where is it in the game?
*reads that you have to delete a cashe*
*looks for how to do that* cant find it....
wait....wich one do i delete anyway?
help? please?.......
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 7:49 PM
I dont see it....
where is it in the game?
*reads that you have to delete a cashe*
*looks for how to do that* cant find it....
wait....wich one do i delete anyway?
help? please?.......
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 6:53 PM
Thank you so much, I never understood what the black dots where for, but as long as there gone I'm happy
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 11:41 AM
Thank you so much! I went to do a screenshot of my cat the other day. First time I was ever really up close and when I saw those dots.... ugh! First I thought it was my game. Again, THANK YOU!!!!!!
Rubric Wrangler
THANKS POST
#46 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 4:33 PM
Very useful and lovely looking. Thanks!
Test Subject
#47 Old 3rd May 2013 at 4:25 AM
HI, these are great, but at one point in game the cats eyes go total white, any fix ideas?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 7:53 PM
Thank you so mush for this amazing mod! My kitties are way prettier now! You are awesome!
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:52 PM
I just re-downloaded these after having to do a full re-install of my game, and the CC that I had saved did not include these. Once I started up my game to make sure all new CC was working properly, I noticed that your local black cat eyes were incredibly dark! I had never had this problem with them before when I installed them, they always looked bright and gorgeous!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 6:26 AM
This is really nice work with just the right things I've been searching for. =D I am happy. ^_^ Thank you!
Page 2 of 3