Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 1:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Part of custom content doesn't show in game
Hi. everyone! I have. probably, a silly problem. and the solution is right here, but I don't see it.
Part of custom content doesnt't show up. All skyboxes, to be exact. I have UC collection from Origin, Win10, CEP installed and all points checked (custom content is enabled). Problem is that game doest't see it even before starting the game, there are only CEP files in pop-up window.
For example, I put Nimi's skyglobes and ja-viera's OMG skyboxes in main Downloads folder.

And game sees only ja-viera's mesh and CEP files.

I tried to repair Sims 2, delete and reinstall both game and CEP, rename the skyboxes, tried other skyboxes from different creators (iCad, Lowedeus, keoni) but I have nothing. BUT! When I tried to put skylines, trees and hood deco in folder, game shows it perfectly! I don't understand the logic of this game.
And it's first time I have this problem. In December and earlier, for example, all skyboxes were shown.
So, may be someone knows what;s wrong?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 3:10 PM
Ja's boxes are lot-based (you'll find them in misc/outside), it appears to be somewhat based on this mod: https://modthesims.info/d/187229/ne...ere-update.html

While the others seem to be hood-based (judged by the name, at least). It's possible they need a different mesh or mod to work, possibly Lowedeus' totalitarian sky or some such. You'll want to check the text of each mod to see if there's something you're missing. Also make sure to check all the categories in the NH screen.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 4:07 PM
*stares at Sims 2 suspiciosly*
I reinstalled the game and whole shabang once again, and - magic! - skyboxes are here now. All of them. The game message in the beginning still shows only CEP files and javiera's mesh, but at least it's working. And I swear it doesnt last time I checked. Strange.
Thanks for answering.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 11:29 PM
Don't worry what that screen in the beginning lists. Once you have made sure the 'enable CC button' is selected on it and you have loaded into the game (you need to load the game at least twice) then you can turn that screen off in the settings and never see it again. All that screen does is slow down your loading to warn you that you have content not made by EA OMG!
Sometimes in a new game it may take more than two loads, so load again. At this point you don't want to be uninstalling because it's highly unlikely to be the cause of your issues. Your install files are separate from your My Document files, and your CC should most of the time bein your Download folder under My Documents.
Once your CC is showing you can go into game under the cogs and turn this start up screen off. From memory that is over to the far right. There are two settings in there for CC. One turns that screen on and off. The other toggles CC on and off in the catalogue. Not in-game, in the catalogue. Meaning let's say you want some hard to find Maxis items like the fire sprinkler and you have tons of CC, you can toggle it off so you can find the sprinkler.

For something like skyboxes to show up working you also need you ingame settings up high or they may place it but not see it change the sky.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~