Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Knight in Shining Armor Career (The Paladin from Dungeons & Dragons)

by FennShysa Posted 27th Nov 2007 at 4:40 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:47 PM by whiterider

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 1:14 PM
Glad I could help you through a rough time, Silky-M. Thank you all for the compliments. However, I can't take any of the credit for the sounds, and only a little bit for the carpools at all. All I did for the carpools was take Maxis carpools and make them use Hexameter's meshes, he made all those wonderful medieval style vehicles. He made the sounds for them. Drop him a line and tell him how great he is.

As for the clothing issue, I see you both have OFB, so you should have the armor outfits (I'm almost certain that's where they came from). Did you by chance download both versions of the career and have them both in your downloads folder? There is one that doesn't use custom clothing that I designed for people who don't have Open For Business. If you put both of them in your downloads folder, it may be that the "no custom uniforms" version might override the "custom uniforms" version. I don't know, I haven't put both of them in at the same time. You should only use one version. Of course, if it's making you happy the way it is, by all means, leave it that way.

I wish I knew how to change the driver of the carpool. I don't really know what controls that. When I test my careers, which I always do in Veronaville, I always get the exact same driver every single time. I think her name is Jordan Fleig. She's the one you can see in many of my screenshots. If I knew how to change it, I would set it up with someone who looked a little more medieval. Maybe I can look into that at some point.

My personal opinion is that making a new icon for a career is a must, and I attempt to make them look like they belong in the game. Sometimes I sit stumped for hours about what the icon should be for a career.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks again to you all of you.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Theorist
#27 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 9:58 PM
I just realized today that this entry did not make it into the short list. And while I was very impressed with most of the entries that did, and don't envy the moderators who had to make the selection, nonetheless I am disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to vote on it. So I would just like to say that because of the completeness, creativity, research, and dedicated work involved in this project, it would have had my vote in its category. Cheers!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 10:00 PM
Thank you very much. Maybe I'll have better luck in the next contest.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 1:34 AM
LOL. The horse has an alarm XD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 12:47 PM
It's a magical alarm.

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 2:03 AM
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for uploading.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 3:07 PM
You're welcome, glad I could be of service.

Instructor
#33 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 2:40 AM
Great idea, and it must have been so much work to get all this done - new icon, the horse, even the reward! Thanks ever, it's a dream.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 2:29 AM
Thank you, as always I have to point out that the horse was created by Hexameter, who kindly allowed me to use it for this career.

Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 8:03 AM
Hi there! This career luks amazing! I totally want to hav it in my game, but for some reason its crashing the game. I dont know why it shoudnt work for me when its working for everyone else. I have nightlife, open for business and university EPs.
And this is the first time that ive downloaded a career, so i hav no clue how to handle it. Please help...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 10:35 PM
I don't know why it would. Did you download all the files and put them in your download folder? If so, it could be a confilct with another download.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 11:31 PM
I'm guessing you restored one of my files. Thanks. It's been a couple of days since I've logged on so you got to it before I noticed.

Test Subject
#38 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 6:08 AM
i cannot seem to get the career as a job to choose from. what am i doing wrong? i placed this in my downloads folder as you instructed
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 4:53 AM
Sorry to bump a thread three years after it's been posted, but I think I've found a bug in this since the previous fix in 2008.

When my Sim is at level 5 or greater, when I click "walk to work", he never comes home at the end of the day. I've had this problem two or three times and the only solution is moving them out of the house and back in.

I have all EPs and no SPs. I'd love to see a fix or know if I was doing something wrong!

Hide all Maxis objects {|} Hide CAS screen objects {|} Want to be a real mermaid?{|} icon by yumehito

Ich schrei in die Nacht für Dich...
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 7:05 AM
Default Sim won't come home from work.
Quote: Originally posted by GoodMorningMisterFear
When my Sim is at level 5 or greater, when I click "walk to work", he never comes home at the end of the day. I've had this problem two or three times and the only solution is moving them out of the house and back in.I have all EPs and no SPs. I'd love to see a fix or know if I was doing something wrong!

I'm having nearly the same problem. My sims won't come home from work for this career only...even if they're a squire! I don't remember if they used the carpool or walked. It's happened to 2 sims now.
I'm going to try the Lot Debugger at More Awesome than you to see if I can drag a stuck sim back from work without having to move the whole family out.
The first sim this happened to (which I thought was a fluke until it happened again) the guy was one of 3 couples in a household. I had his wife move into another place. Then she invited him over and invited him to move in. This worked....and then I had him quit that job just in case that was the problem.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 2:44 PM
This. Is. Great!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 10:14 AM
Incredibly late response follows:

Alraris: Thanks!

GoodMorningMisterFear and Chicklet: I'm not sure what the problem could be. I tested the career and had no issues. I admit that I never made my sims walk to work but I don't know why it would be a problem. Has anyone else had any issues with this career (or any of mine with custom carpools) and walking to work? It's something to look into. If this career (along with its carpools and such) are the only custom content in your downloads folder is the same problem occurring. Let me know if you're still out there listening. (Seems unlikely two years later).

techmichi: You probably aren't doing anything wrong. It's probably just taking a while for the job to come up since there are a lot of other choices. It seems like every time I want a specific job for one of my sims it takes forever to get it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 12:21 PM Last edited by Rue St-Germain : 7th Dec 2013 at 4:44 PM.
This is one of the best careers for sims that has been made.

FennShysa,
We will be using your custom carpools and default carpools for a set of ancient careers we are making. Thanks for allowing the sharing of files in your policy! I will link you when the upload is up so you can see what we did.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:28 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#45 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:15 PM
Thank you.
Page 2 of 2