Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ornate Chinese Set {updated April 2009}

by Adele Posted 4th Apr 2008 at 5:34 AM - Updated 22nd Apr 2009 at 3:17 AM by Adele : Updating downloads

149 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 133 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 3:26 PM
Absolutely beautiful!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 6:28 PM
This set is absolutely stunning! Beautiful job - and thanks for sharing with us!

"For Zen students, a weed is a treasure." ~ Shunryu Suzuki
Test Subject
#53 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:36 PM
for some reason, the bookcase seems to be crashing my game. I don't know what to do D;
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 10:51 AM
They're really gorgeous but
I'm getting a crash during the loading time with this object ._.
you know, app error :D

oh lol pikkon haha we have the same prob
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 7:58 PM
Pikkonoloidlee and insanedriver: Ugh. Ughhhhhh.

I have no idea why this would happen. Is there anything you two have in common that maybe is causing it to hate my bookcase?

Sorry about this! I hope someone who's less of a novice than I am will come along and know what's wrong here...
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 11:17 PM
(we both seem to have a lack of exspansion packs in common) XD
I don't know if this will help, but I was thinking that since the repository item was cloned off of a bookcase that could be causing the problems, because bookcases (and computers) are changed while cloning if the creator has addOns...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#57 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 11:02 PM
The armoire will require Seasons as it has a plan outerwear function. Perhaps this is the issue - from what I can see of the bookcase looking at it in-game it doesn't have any new options like from Freetime.

I'd like to see this sorted out - it's fine if it requires EPs, but folks should know which one - the AnyGameStarter would likely be helpful in doing that as you could load up specific EPs and find which are needed. Or simply re-clone with only the base game checked in your SimPE file table.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#58 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 12:16 AM
but I also tried running the game with the bookcase alone and it still crashed.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 12:33 PM Last edited by malthaussen : 14th Apr 2008 at 12:46 PM.
Okay, here is my debug report:

Running XP SP2 with TS2, Uni, and NL installed. 1 mb on the motherboard, 128 mb NVidia graphics board, Soundblaster sound card. NL has been patched.

The game crashes on startup with the bookcase OR the chair in the folder. The other four objects (including the amoire) are compatible with this setup. Since the bookcase is the repository item, that doesn't help much though.

I tried this several different ways, so as odd as it may seem, it is accurate for my setup. I placed all four objects in a house in Pleasantville, and although they naturally flashed blue (no textures), they worked fine. The amoire showed only the NL options, and clothes changing and planning went off without a hitch.

Regards;

Mal

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Test Subject
#60 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 3:08 PM
I went through hundreds of downloaded items trying to figure out what was causing the game to crash and my computer to freeze up and finally happened upon this thread. I hope it is fixed soon, because I believe this is one of the most beautiful sets available and would love to use it to its fullest.

I am using TS2, Uni, and NL, with no other expansions or stuffs and my computer is rather top of the line and less than 6 months old, so it's not an incompatible issue there, at least. Probably has to do with a corrupt mesh or something. I hope this helps!
Test Subject
#61 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 12:33 AM
This truly is a beautiful set.. I just love it! Hope to see more from you in the future ^^
Thank you!
Instructor
#62 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 12:46 PM
adele, i know ive already said this, but you're amazing :D

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Test Subject
#63 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 6:16 PM
Thank you, thank you bunches more. I really needed something like this for my Count D sim and it's gorgeous!!!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 3:36 AM
This set of objects is so richly textured that they will contrast with the rest of the game and put to shame any Maxis textures. Nice job!

Herald Between Two Lands
Field Researcher
#65 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 11:38 PM
This is so exquisite Im just happy enough to look at the images their such a work of art.
Test Subject
#66 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 6:29 AM
Just what I needed!:DThank you soooooo much!!!!
Instructor
#67 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 8:31 AM
Very Beautiful, Thanks Again !!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 8:19 AM
Lovely. The detail is exquisite. Thank you.
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th May 2008 at 7:00 PM
Hey, I really love this set, you did an amazing job. Can't wait to use it in some of my rooms.
Test Subject
#70 Old 24th May 2008 at 12:39 AM
Um...hi Adele! I just got content from your site! Your stuff is great...but I have problem with this set of furniture. I really want to use it in-game but whenever I put it in my downloads folder, my game crashes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 24th May 2008 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XxKaratayaxX
Um...hi Adele! I just got content from your site! Your stuff is great...but I have problem with this set of furniture. I really want to use it in-game but whenever I put it in my downloads folder, my game crashes.

Yeah, same for some others, too. Nothing is obviously problematic with the packages for me to fix, so I think I'll just have to rebuild them, unfortunately.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:23 PM
I love furniture like these. It has so much elegance and beautiful characteristics. You nailed it on the head. Thank you very much ^^
Forum Resident
#73 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:32 PM
Hmmm?, the chinese table by 'EA' was always one of my favourite items - never understood why they didn't build on the theme...

Still, here you are again - showing 'em how it should be done!.

Brilliant work, beautifully rendered - many thanks for sharing!.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#74 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:22 AM
I came back to see if other people had the bookshelf not show in their game. After reading checked out the armoire and chair. Have a debug buy mode hack on armoire. worked fine, tested that and chair. No problems, just no bookcase. I have OFB, Seasons and Bon Voyage. Don't know if this might help you weed out the problem. Leaving everything in right now because they are beautiful.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 28th May 2008 at 9:22 AM
this is a wonderful set !
thanks you so much!!
Page 3 of 6