Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Watch TV from all chairs

by MogHughson Posted 29th Nov 2011 at 4:44 PM - Updated 29th Nov 2011 at 11:24 PM by MogHughson

206 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 154 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:00 PM
Thank you very much!! Does this also work if we were to place the TV at a 45 degree angle? Like putting a TV in the corner of the room or something?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
... I realize that you have to buy new seats after installing the mod otherwise in certain moments, mainly when a child seats to watch tv, all sims jumps and reset. The other funny thing is that kids try to use chairs that are not at all facing the TV. It happens mostly with children. They try to watch tv from a chair that is in another room (jump and reset), or watch tv sitting on chairs that are in opposite direction (back). Maybe it is only for me, but my kids are watching tv in much more positions than 45 degrees.
You don't need to buy new seats. If you're getting jumps and reset, please provide the error log so I can fix it. If you have funny angles or odd chairs being used, please provide a screenshot of the room arrangement so I can recreate. This mod should never choose a chair in a different room, so that is certainly an error.
Quote: Originally posted by boylie
Thank you very much!! Does this also work if we were to place the TV at a 45 degree angle? Like putting a TV in the corner of the room or something?
Yes, see this picture for various arrangements

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#103 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ennoidyam
*SNIP*

Now if someone can MOD the Zombies so they can Eat another Sim's brains like Zombies are supposed to do instead of cooking meals in the kitchen -WTF???

Or at least make it so they don't need to sleep or bathe...Since when to ZOMBIES to that??

(Sorry, I'm a huge Zombie fan and Maxis just pissed me off with theirs :< )

There is, you can get it from here:

Zombies which act like zombies! ZOMG!!

Thank you Mog. I don't know how I managed to miss that image! You make my game good :D
#104 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 1:16 AM
I have a little problem with watching from 45 degrees. I can make my Sims sit on the chair/loveseat 45 degrees but when i click "watch" pie menu, they stand up then sit on the sofa in front of TV then watch. I had tried to change chair/loveseat location more further backward, but it is still the same. I cannot make my Sims watch from 45 degrees at all?
Field Researcher
#105 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
This suggests something with the choosing of chairs isn't quite right - can you tell me what the L-shaped sectional is please?

Sorry! I only just now saw your reply!
I'm not 100% positive, but I think the sectional is by Blake_Boy. I use all of his stuff, so I'm not sure which one it is. I'll have to tell you, for sure, after I've gone back into the game later.

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#106 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 8:18 PM
Mog - not tested but is it a possible issue with custom sectionals? Those are made possible by Inge's sectional sofa hack.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
I have a little problem with watching from 45 degrees. I can make my Sims sit on the chair/loveseat 45 degrees but when i click "watch" pie menu, they stand up then sit on the sofa in front of TV then watch. I had tried to change chair/loveseat location more further backward, but it is still the same. I cannot make my Sims watch from 45 degrees at all?
Can you provide a screenshot (top-down preferably) of your set up so I can recreate it and try out for myself. Also, tell me what the chair is in question so I can use the same one.
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
I think the sectional is by Blake_Boy.
I'll grab them and have a play.
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Mog - not tested but is it a possible issue with custom sectionals? Those are made possible by Inge's sectional sofa hack.
Soon find out.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#108 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 7:05 PM
I thought I knew what true love was, until you introduced this mod. Now I know what it really is Ha Ha!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!
Field Researcher
#109 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 6:50 AM
I don't know if some in-game shots might help or not. But here's an example of one of my sims watching tv. And also pics of the sectional and accompanying chair.

Hope this is helpful!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 2:19 PM
Thank you so much! I was just wishing for this last night! The best mod ever. Why Eaxis didn't do this to begin with I'll never know.
Alchemist
#111 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 9:12 AM
Is it possible that you turn the Sims' head toward the TV? e.g. the behavior when Sims watch others performing music while sitting, and they turn their head toward the instrument.
#112 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:40 AM

I did a little experiment. It seems my Sim refuses sitting on any chairs (maxis'/ custom contents') 45 degrees, whereas on loveseats or sofas does not.
Anyway your mod is still very useful for letting my Sims sit 45 degrees on loveseats/sofas
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#113 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 1:22 PM
Major thanks for getting rid a another annoyance in my game.
#114 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 6:11 AM

*updated* My sim can watch from this way lol.. :D
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 11:52 AM Last edited by leesester : 20th Dec 2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: insert a line break
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou......
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 10:28 PM
I've needed something like this for a while! Thanks! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 10:30 PM
This works great!! Thanks so much! :D
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 7:02 AM
Lazzybum, are you using Squinge's mod in addition to this one? Because I have always liked his mod but this one is sorely needed. But I wanted to know if I should wait for Mog's update to the mod or try it out as it seems you have...?

"Take me to the top...Do It Now!, Gimme a sign..." -Guess the episode...-
Banned
#119 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 10:18 AM Last edited by krazyredd : 23rd Dec 2011 at 10:51 AM.
Thanks a load; I really hated it when my Simmies would get up from one chair just to watch TV, now you've fixed it...THANKS!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#120 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 8:19 PM
Brilliant mod, thank you so much for making it!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#121 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 6:53 PM
Thanks! I've been absolutely waiting for this!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#122 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 3:52 AM
Oh thank you from the bottom of my tiny little heart. This is awesome. I think nothing in the game drove me as crazy as this. Thank you, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#123 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 3:03 PM
Now THIS is a useful Mod! I hate it when my Sims have to stand up to watch TV. It looks dumb, especially when there is a roomful of Sims whou've dropped in for a visit. Thanks for sharing this. You're a genius!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#124 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 5:21 PM
This is awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 8:05 PM
amazing~ I think ur genius. thx.. because of ur help, Sims can watch TV comfortably lol..
Page 5 of 9